Flywheel for 1998 SFA 22R?

Discuss modifications on your 1979 to late 1998 SFA 4x4 Hilux here.
Ned_da_Biker
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux DC 98 Raider 4x4

Flywheel for 1998 SFA 22R?

Post by Ned_da_Biker »

Just wondering if the collective know how of the Forum might be able to help.

I have been experiencing clutch shudder, So Clutch then... Long story short i am replacing the Clutch with a Valeo clutch.
The Flywheel has some hair line cracks on the friction surface. I want to replace the flywheel but the Toyota is being silly with their prices Just over the 2 grand for a flywheel. :shock2:
I have been trying to get a aftermarket, so far no joy.
Anybody out there that can help out? i would like to replace the flywheel without it costing me a arm and a leg.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: Flywheel for 1998 SFA 22R?

Post by Mud Dog »

Yep, that's a difficult one ..... used motors are sold with the flywheel and if you find a scrapped motor, 9 times out of 10 it's done three hundred and plenty kilo's and the flywheel is poked as well. You might get lucky and find one where the motor was cooked with a relatively low mileage or was used for mostly long trips.

Might be better to bite the bullet and get a new one from the stealers .... you also save a little against that price on skimming costs.

:think:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Ned_da_Biker
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux DC 98 Raider 4x4

Re: Flywheel for 1998 SFA 22R?

Post by Ned_da_Biker »

Thanks! guess its off the the Stealers then...

Return to “1979 to early 1998 Hilux (Gen 3&4 aka SFA 4x4)”