For the softer ride..

Discuss modifications on your 1979 to late 1998 SFA 4x4 Hilux here.
Willied
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Witbank
Vehicle: '90 Hilux

For the softer ride..

Post by Willied »

Okay, Now that I have your attention here goes..

I want to soften the ride of the Hilux and at the same time give it a little more travel in the suspension side.. Everybody is going on about Fox racing shock but I have something else in mind..

Coilover shocks..

The chassis for the SFA and the KZTE are the same according to Toyodiy with the exception of some mounting points and some other small bits. So adding some load to the shock mount will not negatively influence the chassis, but the mount will need an upgrade.

What do you guys think, is there someone who has done it before and is it worth it?
Reenen
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Greyton
Vehicle: Nissan/ hilux sfa hybrid

Re: For the softer ride..

Post by Reenen »

Ek het
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1385409586.042941.jpg
Willied
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Willied »

Jy het gese ja.. Maar ek sal verkies dat die shock en coil se spring rate dieselfde is.. En wil nie bou en breek tot iets reg werk nie.. Sal verkies as iemand reeds die wiskunde gedoen het en ek het opsies oor wat ek wil insit..
mcw
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: krugersdorp
Vehicle: Prado 90 V6 3.4 Auto
Club VHF Licence: X100

Post by mcw »

Contact Darrel at Mikem Suspension He would probably be able to work out the correct rating for you and supply the coils as well

011 4935181
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

The other option is Old Man Emu ..... vastly softer ride, far better articulation and robust as hell. My personal experience with OME made me a fan for life and I wouldn't give anything else too much consideration, but that's just me.

That said, Mikem is a local product, they give excellent service and are very helpful .... a lot of the guys are very happy with them and if OME were no longer available I would probably go with them or Procomp.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Willied
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Willied »

Martin, Andy, thank you for your contributions.. I will contact Mikem tomorrow and have a word with Darrel.. I have already priced OME blades as I have the shocks fitted and the R9000 price tag isn't all that bad. Will see what Darrel have to say on the subject and move on from there.

Thank you

I will post the results for future reference.

Return to “1979 to early 1998 Hilux (Gen 3&4 aka SFA 4x4)”