Alpine Turbo Conversion

Discuss modifications on your 1979 to late 1998 SFA 4x4 Hilux here.
hunter

Alpine Turbo Conversion

Post by hunter »

Hello All

I have a '95 SFA Raider with and Alpine Turbo conversion on the 2.4 22R petrol engine. The exhaust manifold is now beyond repair - people that know tell me the carbon content in the metal is to high to weld it. I have contacted Alpine Developments in Johannesburg but they cannot supply me with a new manifold. Does anyone have suggestions or maybe a spare manifold?

Look forward to hearing from someone...

J-P du Plessis
Scooter
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: JHB
Vehicle: '94 Raider, '05 Vigo 4.0 v6

Re: Alpine Turbo Conversion

Post by Scooter »

Welcome Hunter

Unfortunately I dont have a manifold for you but perhaps posting a picture of yours might help the guys with ideas?

I hope you come right.

Scooter
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

Hi Hunter

Any of these guys that build custom exhausts and branch manifolds would be able to build you a replacement manifold to replace your current one.

Please update your forum profile with your loccation so that guys can recomend places you can go to.

In Pretoria North is a place by the name of Speedspot that I know of that does this type of thing.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

JP give me a call, come around to my house and I will take some pic's of it and post them here for you.
082 499 1924
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan

Return to “1979 to early 1998 Hilux (Gen 3&4 aka SFA 4x4)”