My 1992 Toyota Hilux single cab 4x4 Truck

Discuss modifications on your 1979 to late 1998 SFA 4x4 Hilux here.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

My 1992 Toyota Hilux single cab 4x4 Truck

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Let the photo tell the story, please ask questions or add your comments

Only modified 4x4 vehicles would be able to drive in these photo' places.

I backed out of this little dip in the ground in front of my Hilux

1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
SYRON CONVERSIONS
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Mod that we are busy with now

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

8) Yes once again we are busy with another mod to my single cab Hilux, the part is on the way from Australia, it is very basic, what we are doing is we have to cut the round solid bar which is part of the steering rod in the engine bay, the reason for this mod is to compensate for the 80mm body lift, when body lifts are done on these type of vehicles, most people just loosen the bolt that clamps the splined section of the steering rod, thus when you lift the cab, the rod slides out of the other section slightly, leaving not very much "meat" or metal to clamp the two sections together, thus this is why we have ordered two of these special adampters, which make this type of mod safe, you must remember when you drive a Hilux with larger tyres, locker up front, more force is exerted onto the steering rods and joints.

Will post a photo once it is loaded of what this extension looks like.
We have purchased these items from Snake Racing in Australia.

Well worth the cost and effort, give us a better peace of mind knowing that the steering components are safe now. :arrow:
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan

Return to “1979 to early 1998 Hilux (Gen 3&4 aka SFA 4x4)”