Front passenger seat belt Problem

Discuss modifications on your 1979 to late 1998 SFA 4x4 Hilux here.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Front passenger seat belt Problem

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

:lol: Yes I am laughing :lol:

Ronny and I were out 4x4ing a few weeks back with my Hilux, he wanted to use the seat belt, but it would not come out far enough, thus I had a look and found that it was at it's end, the problem was that it is not long enough to go around his girth, so what are the options, we did turn the attachement brackets to make it slightly longer.

The seat is pushed all the way back.

Seat Belts from other vehicles are they the same length or do you get various lengths?

Or should he make a plan :wink:
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Re: Front passenger seat belt Problem

Post by BenHur »

My belts also does not have too much play on them. I guess you can lengthen the belt by maybe relocating the bottom mounting upwards somewhere :? :?
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

I too have the body of a god... Budha... hehe. Although I do find that the seatbelts are a tad short, they still fit me comfortably with room to spare, and I am a big oke.

Why not just buy and extension belt like they have on the airlines that just clip into both ends?
Niel
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

What is it with you Pretoria manne :?: , the one is bigger than the other, Bennie is or was 145 kg and apparently tall as well. Do you have something in the water or is it something in the food :?: :idea: We should start a thread for size of bakkie and owner. Should be fun. Fortunately I am a small oukie. So I don't think I will feature in that section. We also have Knersus from Upington ……… :lol: :lol:
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

I was down to 129 right after my back-op but as I returned to normal I went back up to 132kg and now it seems I am stuck there. Yes I am 2 meters tall.

I took a Hilux at Gerber's 4x4 for a test drive yesterday. Simon asked me to go and check it out for a buddy of his and it had KZTE seats in which is slightly higher then the normal ones. I got my head stuck in the roof lining the whole time :| :|
Scooter
Town: JHB
Vehicle: '94 Raider, '05 Vigo 4.0 v6

Post by Scooter »

:lol: , sounds like a sight Bennie.

I have the same problem with the seat belts when a mate drives with me, they just don't fit around his tank even when the seat is all the way back. I have always wondered wether another vehicles belts would be longer, perhaps a camry? Bennie could you measure your camry belt length perhaps?
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."
SYRON CONVERSIONS

benhur Christofer told me that he is buying that bakkie from Wouter that you tested, he is getting the itmes sorted out and will be fetching it next week, thank's once again

We have had rain, thus will get some of that stuff out for you soon, I have to also give some to Cassim in JHB.

Will keep you informed.

cheers :wink:
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

This would be what I would do if I had your problem Simon:

http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.ne ... ender.html

Hope this helps...
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

Scooter wrote::lol: , sounds like a sight Bennie.

I have the same problem with the seat belts when a mate drives with me, they just don't fit around his tank even when the seat is all the way back. I have always wondered wether another vehicles belts would be longer, perhaps a camry? Bennie could you measure your camry belt length perhaps?
Scooter

I clean forgot to post a reply to you question. The Camry unfortunately have a system that is concealed in the door pillar so I do not think it will work in a Lux :(
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Out of interest, I went and tested my SFA seabelts. Well, Father Christmas/Santa Claus/Sinter Klaas would even fit in with no problems. Once again, a probable difference between the imported & locally built units?

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

SYRON CONVERSIONS

7MGTE Thankyou for this very useful link, I copied and emailed it to Ronny, great when we can help each other in this way :D

Thankyou

simoan
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by BenHur »

SYRON CONVERSIONS wrote:7MGTE Thankyou for this very useful link, I copied and emailed it to Ronny, great when we can help each other in this way :D

Thankyou

Or he can try one of these cheaper alternatives

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
SYRON CONVERSIONS

Yeah yeah yeah excellent. :wink:

simoan
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

No problem Simon, only a pleasure...

That is what I love about a forum like this, the more you read about other SFA problems and mods, the more you learn about your own car. I have learned quite a bit since joining this forum...

Return to “1979 to early 1998 Hilux (Gen 3&4 aka SFA 4x4)”