Diff breathers

Discuss modifications on your late 1998 to 2005 IFS Hilux here.
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: Diff breathers

Post by CasKru »

I'm with Andy on this one. The filter will be better solution (note better solution not only solution). On the pneumatic kits I sell I have brass filter. If the end of the pipe goes under water while the air is moving, there might be issues. But this is why I add extra length pneumatic tubing so you can put it high up where you will not get water :thumbup:
To God be the glory
mtbbiker
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Toyota hilux 2700i 4X4DC
Club VHF Licence: B199

Post by mtbbiker »

Hi guys

I bought all the couplings and piping from Centurion hydraulics. It seem requests for couplings to fit as diff breathers to a 4X4 is not new to them ;-)
http://centurionhydraulics.co.za/contact.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '98 LTD
Club VHF Licence: X107

Post by Stef »

CasKru wrote:But this is why I add extra length pneumatic tubing so you can put it high up where you will not get water :thumbup:
Some oke on Yotatech reckons one shouldn't put it up too high as it creates a secondary problem with water pressure or something, did not quite follow the logic :crazy:
Most I've seen put the filters behind brake lights, fuel cap housings, inside the cab etc, even on the roll bar :wth:

It has also been said not to coil the hose/tubing as water/oil trapped in there could prevent breathing; not to use fuel filters and not to use normal PVC tubing (not reinforced).

The only advantage of a fuel filter over any pneumatic type IMO is the added volume, depending on the size of the filter of course...another Mythbusters assignment :mrgreen:
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Stef wrote:
CasKru wrote:But this is why I add extra length pneumatic tubing so you can put it high up where you will not get water :thumbup:
Some oke on Yotatech reckons one shouldn't put it up too high as it creates a secondary problem with water pressure or something, did not quite follow the logic :crazy:
Most I've seen put the filters behind brake lights, fuel cap housings, inside the cab etc, even on the roll bar :wth:

It has also been said not to coil the hose/tubing as water/oil trapped in there could prevent breathing; not to use fuel filters and not to use normal PVC tubing (not reinforced).

The only advantage of a fuel filter over any pneumatic type IMO is the added volume, depending on the size of the filter of course...another Mythbusters assignment :mrgreen:
Both mine is basically at brake booster level :thumbup: :thumbup:
To God be the glory
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

Brake booster level is where I intend mine to live as well :thumbup: By too high the Yotatech dude meant higher than engine bay like the snorkel or roll bar.

This is the other filter (silencer) I found
silencer pnu.gif
silencer pnu.gif (10.83 KiB) Viewed 22444 times
silencer2.jpg
silencer2.jpg (20.28 KiB) Viewed 22441 times
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

This is the brass filter assembly I use...
19022011357.jpg
To God be the glory
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

Saw those as well, very nice. :thumbup:
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

I eventually installed the diff breathers.
On the back diff I routed the pipe inside the cabin.This weekend while driving in the Karoo I got diff/gearbox oil smell in the cab :crazy: I presume it is from this.Is there anyone else that got the diff breathers inside the cab :?:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Rather route it through to the engine bay firewall. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

Most definitely...I hooked up my sample connector & tube to the diff and blew into it to check or a leak on the connector (for what it's worth). Got me own back & then some :lol: :lol:

When I can one day lay my hands on stock I'm going to route the tubes into the engine bay as high as I can. :thumbup: Possibly with the modderwoef extension :angel: :lol:
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

So I finally got stock....will mount the bulk heads on a bracket close to the serial plate.
14042011275.jpg
silencer in BH.jpg
female bulkhead.jpg
Gunta
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

Stef those look great, How much for a set?
Worry about the things you can do something about, If you can't don't worry.
Live life to the fullest with no regrets.
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

About the same as Cassie's ones...this set was R350 because of the brass button type silencers that were R90 for the two (after 20% discount, bloody rediculous); only one place had stock...R300 if one takes the plastic sliencers :thumbup: That includes 7m of tubing, 4.2m for the rear & 1.8m odd for the front + 1m extra just in case, and 2 x 1/4" / 8mm female bulk heads, 2 x 1/8" /8mm straight connectors.
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

A couple of weeks ago I had to replace the difflock indicator sender unit at the diff (the green light was not coming on when the difflock engaged). I noticed at the time that the diff oil was contaminated with water and replaced it. Made a note to myself to install high level breathers when I got the chance. Happened to pass "Techno Hose" (a hydraulic tubing and accessories supplier) today. I have a few of the fittings like Stef bought, correct thread and all, even some other similar ones in both brass and alu that were of the compression type, but wasn't too keen on the pneumatic tubing. Thought I'd pop in there and look to see what they had available .... worst case I would just get the pneumatic tube and step it up to 6mm i/d at the ends to accept the fuel filters. As it turned out he had general purpose reinforced rubber tubing at ½ the price of the pneumatic stuff so I bought 5 meters at R5 per meter and two brass male thread to swage nipples.

That cost me the princely sum of R68.00

Then went past Midas on the way back and got two fuel filters and a bunch of cable ties .... (the hose is 5mm i/d so it will be a tight fit and no clamps required) ... cost me an extra R59.45 ... call it R60

So for less than R130 I have everything that I need to install some high level breathers on the van. :D:

IMG_6383.JPG
IMG_6384.JPG

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

That's great (& lucky), always great to stumble upon a few necesities when you're not really looking :thumbup:

Probably would have gone the same route if i could find cheap nipples, or any at all...around these parts most okes only stock 1/4" thread & up, unless you wanna buy those GAV fittings @ BWH for R28 each. Got the push on straight connectors for R10 each, so I thought ah well... :mrgreen: and I sometimes over engineer just because I can :mocking:

Anyway...what size hose did you get? I went for the 8mm pneumatic because of the 6mm inner dia...wondered if I shouldn't rather have gone for 8mm inner?
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

The i/d will depend on the size of the nipples that you would perhaps use. I was going to go for a 6mm i/d which was the recommended size for the nipples and fuel filters, but when I tried the hose over the nipples in the shop they were pretty firm but not firm emough for my liking (I wasn't going to bother with hose clamps).

I did it all this afternoon .... took me about 40 mins from start to finish (front and back) and it all came together beautifully. Just had a little hassle with forcing the tube over the 6mm nipples of the fuel filters and only because it was plastic and not as rigid as the brass ones on the diffs .... the plastic tended to want to bend, so I just didn't force them fully home.

Will post some pics in a short while ....... just have to re-size. ;-)

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

So you went for the 5mm then? Hot water normally persuades the hose to cooperate.

Still need to do mine, want to make a proper bracket first for the bulk heads...
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Rear diff
IMG_6385.JPG

Followed the line of the flexi brake pipe .... just allowed a little extra slack
IMG_6386.JPG

There were ideally placed holes in the firewall which I used to secure the filters. You can see how I doubled back the end of the cable tie so that I could feed it in one hole and out the other without having to get in behind.
IMG_6387.JPG

Nipple in front diff
IMG_6393.JPG
IMG_6397.JPG

Tubes and filters in place
IMG_6398.JPG

I gave extra slack at the front diff so that the tube would not come down past the chassis rail on full extension. Th reason is because I didn't want it to 'pop past' the chassis rail and possibly get between the bump stops.
IMG_6404.JPG

I'm normally quite good with estimating lengths since I do it all the time in my work .... I estimated I would require 4 metres, but I bought 5 to be on the safe side. Just as well because I deviated from my original plan and ran above the lip of the tank along the side instead of under (it's tucked away much neater). I also allowed a bit of extra slack at the front diff. I was left with about 650mm so get 5 metres of tube if you intend doing this mod.
IMG_6405.JPG

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Planned on using the same hole (the threaded one) for the bracket.
Mud Dog wrote:Then when the diff heats up again, with a filter facing down all the water will be dispelled
Pity those holes don't line up horisontally...just lost half your volume :tease: I just couldn't resist
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Stef wrote::thumbup: :thumbup:

Planned on using the same hole (the threaded one) for the bracket.
Mud Dog wrote:Then when the diff heats up again, with a filter facing down all the water will be dispelled
Pity those holes don't line up horisontally...just lost half your volume :tease: I just couldn't resist
:laugh2: :laugh2: Yeah, those were my thoughts as well ... considered making up some brackets, but wasn't in the mood. I figured, what the hell, if the water gets that high up in the engine bay, I'm already in the dwang. :D: (I've left enough slack to face them down if ever I wanted to change it.)

Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

Mud Dog wrote: if the water gets that high up in the engine bay, I'm already in the dwang. :D: (I've left enough slack to face them down if ever I wanted to change it.)
Yup, me thinks the same.
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

07052011283_R.jpg
07052011286_R.jpg
07052011285_R.jpg
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Neat Stef! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Maddoglips
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: P.E.
Vehicle: Raider 2.2 4x4; Mikem 50mm raised suspension, long range tank, Monroe gasses all round.

Post by Maddoglips »

Stef wrote:
07052011283_R.jpg
07052011286_R.jpg
07052011285_R.jpg

Nice going Stef, look good.

Now you know why I asked you where's mine, you could've done mine in your spare time down here. :razz:
It's better to Burn Out then Fade Away.
JohanM
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Meyerton
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC126

Post by JohanM »

Stefan, dit lyk glad nie goed nie!!!! :roll: :roll:

Dit is dan nie in my Hilux gefit nie!!! Wat is fout met jou?????? :boss: :boss: :boss: :boss:

Dit lyk baie goed!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Jy moet nou net gou myne ook die naweek kom fit!!!! Dankie hoor!!! :twisted: :shifty:
Johan Marais
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

Thanks guys, was worth the loooong wait for spares...
Maddoglips wrote:Now you know why I asked you where's mine, you could've done mine in your spare time down here. :razz:

You should have just spoken the words... prior to me leaving here....:mocking:
JohanM wrote:Jy moet nou net gou myne ook die naweek kom fit!!!! Dankie hoor!!! :twisted: :shifty:
Ek dag joune is al in voor die kort-lang toer saam met die engelsman :twisted: Kom kuier die 3de Junie, dan planisa ons :mrgreen:
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Very neat Job, Stef!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Gunta
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

Stef, how much is the set? I want to re-do mine.
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

R350 to do front & rear; R300 if you don't want brass filters.
The bracket I made from a discarded alu card reader enclosure, so not included in cost. :blushing:

Bulk of the cost is in the female bulkhead fittings & brass filters, one could do it even cheaper if normal female straight connectors are used.

There's is currently stock available of everything except the brass button filters, I can get the plastic ones.

I'm doing Lollie's breathers soon, if you want a set I can send with him or take with to the GTG in June; if there is anyone else that wants I can start a seperate thread with names?
Gunta

Post by Gunta »

Thanks Stef I would like a set of the brass ones like yours. You can give it to me at the GTG in June.
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

Cool bananas :thumbup:
The Legend
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Kempton Park
Vehicle: 1994 2.2 4y 4x4 D/C Toyota Hi-Lux
Club VHF Licence: X93-

Post by The Legend »

Baie mooi stukkie werk daardie Stef :thumbup: :thumbup:
“A BAD DAYS FISHING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAYS WORK”

“Do what you do so well, that the people that see you do it, will want to see you do it again,and will bring others to see you do it”
Klaus Rau
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Strand
Vehicle: '99 2.7i D/C SRX

Post by Klaus Rau »

Ek weet ek is 'n biekie laat op die post, maar wou net iets hoor. :eh:

Die voorste en die agterste diff van die my SRX is al gedoen met fuel filters as breathers, maar wat van die gearbox en transfer box is dit nodig om breathers vir dit ook aan te lê? :?:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Klaus, ek sou sê ja vir die selfde redes as met die diffs, maar daar issie voorsiening vir dit op ratkas of x-fer box gemaak nie. Na my mening sal die kaste bo by die levers lug intrek, wat aansienlik höer as die diffs is, veral as daar 'n suspension upgrade op die voertuig is. Daar is dus minder kans dat water daar sal inkom, maar die moontlikheid bestaan wel. So wat maak mens? Gate boor en tap bo op die kaste? Te veel PT! Eerstens sal jy die kaste moet uithaal en strip sodat jy naderhand kan skoonmaak sodat daar geen contamination van metaal filings / shavings ontstaan nie, dan die kaste te herbou en weer in te sit. Nee dankie! Ek vermy diep water sover ek kan in elk geval.

;-)

Klaus Rau
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Strand
Vehicle: '99 2.7i D/C SRX

Post by Klaus Rau »

Dankie Andy,

Ek sal vanaand kyk wanneer ek my lux trug het, maar ek dink daar is dalk 'n nippel of plek vir een of die x-fer box. As ek dit vind sal ek laat weet.
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Onthou net dat hulle apart is met seels tussen .... hulle deel nie dieselfde olie nie.
;-)

Ou Legend
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Kuruman
Vehicle: 1987 Hilux SFA 4x4

Post by Ou Legend »

Naand Stef,maak en verkoop jy nog van daai diff breather kits?

Stefan
The true measure of a man is not how he behaves in moments of comfort and convenience but how he stands at times of controversy and challenges
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

Wanabe n Supra wrote:Naand Stef,maak en verkoop jy nog van daai diff breather kits?

Stefan
Op aanvraag ja :mrgreen: Op 'n stadium kon ek nie voor bly nie LOL

As jy 'n stel wil he kan ek vir jou maak, maar ek moet vir jou se die goed draai al by die R500 'n stel agv die pneumatic fittings se pryse wat bly opgaan, wat effe rof is na my mening.

Laat weet maar of jy soek, sal solank bel vir nuutste pryse. As jy dalk 'n pneumatic supplier het in jou omgewing kan jy daar ook hoor, sal vir jou die specs gee van die fittings.
Ou Legend
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Kuruman
Vehicle: 1987 Hilux SFA 4x4

Post by Ou Legend »

Ek sal dink daoor,daars n vriend van my pa wat belangstel vir sy kzte en ek gaan my pa vra of hy dalk ook belangstel,ek sal jou laat weet,baie danki
The true measure of a man is not how he behaves in moments of comfort and convenience but how he stands at times of controversy and challenges
mark watson
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: gauteng
Vehicle: hilux

Post by mark watson »

the best is to do the box , transfer , diff breathers all in 1 go , general pneumatics in spartan has all the goodies to do it.
Quintus
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Vehicle: Hilux DC KZTE 4x4; FJ Cruiser

Post by Quintus »

Kommentaar: Toyota het die sideshaft bearings twee keer vervang onder waarborg en toe ek self moes betaal (derde vervanging = R12k) begin kyk wat fout was: die Hilux kort breathers ("scuba conversion"). Baie eenvoudig: vervang beide breathers met 'unions', rubber pyp, t-stuk, brandstof filter gemonteer in die engin ruimte. Ek was lui en Megaworld se ouens het dit sommer gedoen (seker R250, of so iets vir die arbeid en parte). Doen sommer die scuba op alle 4x4s - ek dink dis n skande dat dit nie standaard opgesit word nie (totale koste was seker R25k vir die drie vervangings). Ek sien die FJ kry nou breathers op die ratkaste en voorste ewenaar.
Stef
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Stef »

Ek sou ook se doen eerder die rubber pyp ene...quick fittings vir die pneumatic tubing raak nou te duur
subok
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Jhb - Somerset West
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0 D4D 4x4 D/C - Kitted for overlanding
Club VHF Licence: HC152

Post by subok »

Ek het gister reggekom by Centurion Hydraulics. 5m fuel pyp en 1/8 bsp nipple.

Hilux D4D
ORRA X130
4x4AG GP0228
subok
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by subok »

Nee wat, daai nipple pas nie, die skroefdraad verskil, wat nou?

Hilux D4D
ORRA X130
4x4AG GP0228
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Haal die breather uit en vat hom saam om die skroefdraad te match.
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
subok
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by subok »

Dankie sal dit probeer!

Hilux D4D
ORRA X130
4x4AG GP0228
Rebel 4x4
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

I see the guys are using pneumatic hose instead of fuel hose. Won't he oil affect he pneumatic hose?
Sent from my iPhone
niclemaitre
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Stellenbosch
Vehicle: 99 IFS DC 4x4

Post by niclemaitre »

Just tell them what you are going to be using it for and they will be able to supply the correct hose
Happy trails
Nic

SFA '97 DC - affirmatively shopped
SFA '87 DC "Rooies" - sold
IFS '99 DC "Benny"
CasKru

Post by CasKru »

Rebel 4x4 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:36 pm I see the guys are using pneumatic hose instead of fuel hose. Won't he oil affect he pneumatic hose?
Proper pneumatic hose will work fine.
To God be the glory
Farmerbrown
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Mooi River KZN
Vehicle: 96 SFA D/C 4x4 2.4

Post by Farmerbrown »

I know this is an old topic . But i am going to need to extend my breathers .. Because they are screwed into the diff with no extensions ...I see you guys are pulling them into the engine bay . From what i understand . Your pulling the rear diff breather all the way from the back into the engine bay ?
2.4 1996 SFA D/C
2.5 2015 hardbody 4x4 S/C
2013 Everest 4x2
2.5 2012 AWD Kuga(SOLD)
yz250 2 stroke
tw 200 farm bike
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Malcolm. Yes, to the engine bay. If the need arises for a deep water crossing, the bow wave in front creates a trough behind that keeps the engine bay from filling with water - behind that trough the water rises to normal height again, so the engine bay firewall is the best place to keep the end of the breather dry.

That being said, most will never do such a deep crossing but most will at some point cross water that is deeper than axle height, so the standard breather is too low. If you're going to extend the breathers, then you might as well go the full mile and take them to the driest point. :winkx:

Farmerbrown
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Farmerbrown »

Thanks Mud Dog . I often go through water deeper than the axles . Just here on the farm .
2.4 1996 SFA D/C
2013 Everest 4x2
2.5 2012 AWD Kuga(SOLD)
yz250 2 stroke
tw 200 farm bike
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Malcolm, you probably know this, but just in case and for the benefit of those that might not ....

After driving for a while, the diffs will warm up, so does the air space inside and the resulting expansion is relieved through the breather. When it cools down and the air contracts again, replacement air is drawn through the breather. Submersing the axles in water cools it down rapidly and if the breather is submerged it will draw in water, contaminating the diff oil. This will cause damage to the diff if left too long.

Another problem is that if the breather becomes blocked with accumulated dust / dirt or mud (as happens quite often) it is no longer serving it's purpose and the expanding / contracting air will be forced to equalise pressure through the axle shaft seals and pinion seal. In the case of water submersion, it will draw water in through those seals and you have the same result of contamination.

Fitting high level breathers circumvents all these problems and depending on the breather ends and the environ where they are placed, eliminates the possibility of blockage.

If you don't have high level breathers, check the diff oil for contamination after any trip where there has been a water crossing (milky grey or brown oil means water contamination).

Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Malcolm I see you have a TW200 - lekker little bike and I enjoy mine as much, if not more, than my XJ750. Where that little thing goes is amazing. :thumbup:

Farmerbrown
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Farmerbrown »

Thanks Mud Dog . I have specifically not driven through water yet with SFA , Because of breathers being low . I am doing a full oil service in the next week or so . I have just got my hand pump for oil , So looking forward to getting stuck in and seeing exactly what the oil is like in side those diffs . The rear diff is first on my list and then gearbox , as i said it in another thread , The gears are getting sticky when im stationary and the oil is hot .

As for the tw 200 .. Bulletproof bike . well it was until it dropped a valve , But i found a second hand engine for a couple hgrand and she is as good as new now
2.4 1996 SFA D/C
2013 Everest 4x2
2.5 2012 AWD Kuga(SOLD)
yz250 2 stroke
tw 200 farm bike

Return to “Late 1998 to 2005 (Gen 5 aka IFS Hilux)”