Bash Plates for 2.7i

Discuss modifications on your late 1998 to 2005 IFS Hilux here.
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Bash Plates for 2.7i

Post by Family_Dog »

This afternoon I had a visitor, who then installed this...
image006.jpg
image005.jpg
In place of this...
image003.jpg

Thanks Charlie Brown! My old "bash plate" suddenly appeared a bit anaemic compared to the new one!

Excellent service from Charles, get a couple of guys together and Charles does them all in one day!

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Re: Bash Plates for 2.7i

Post by Scorpion »

Looks good, Eric :mrgreen: May I ask what you paid?
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Scorpion »

P.S. It's been crazy at work the last two weeks - laptop crashed, etc.,etc. I haven't had time to call and ask about the door pods for you, but will do so next week - promise! :oops:
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Still have to pay, will be doing an EFT via Internet.

I know all about computer crashes! Wednesday, I got the brilliant idea of replacing our Bookkeeping computer at work. All went well except our old prehistoric version of Pastel would not install properly on the new machine, kept looking for some stupid file that was not available in XP2. So we upgraded to Pastel 9.3, and with all the %^&( blocks that they insert in the program. It took our Pastel resident two days to properly install and get the network up & running. They are bigger banggats than MS at the thought of someone misusing their software. :twisted:

In hindsight, it never occurred to me that Year-End is probably not the best time of the year to upgrade one's Business' Bookkeeping computer! :oops:

What amazed me is the thinness of the front cross-member between the two front wheels! This is normally out of sight and one doesn't realise just how fragile this puny part really is (puny in comparision to the SFA, that is!).

Charlie Brown is a member of this forum, very obliging fellow. Only mistake I made was arranging to meet him at the local Nando's / KFC parking lot, my stomach nearly went into convulsions with the yummy fried/grilled chicken aroma!

-F_D

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Scorpion »

Tell me about it - I lost over 80 summonses!! That is a hell of a lot of work... But it's my own fault too - didn't back up for over two weeks :oops: :oops:
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Scorpion wrote:Tell me about it - I lost over 80 summonses!! That is a hell of a lot of work... But it's my own fault too - didn't back up for over two weeks :oops: :oops:
Heh... I have a pal here in K'dorp who is also an Attorney. I know the condition his computer used to be in, but I must say he does keep it in good nick now. I must ask him why he looks after it so well now - could be an interesting story :)

What prompted me to upgrade the bookkeeping computer with great haste was when I was doing some "cleaning up" & defragging of files on it, when I noticed that the Hard Drive was only 7Gb in size and was nearly fifteen years old - and this on a computer that runs nearly eight hours daily, five days a week :shock: :shock:

-F_D

Return to “Late 1998 to 2005 (Gen 5 aka IFS Hilux)”