31 or 32 BF M/T

Discuss modifications on your late 1998 to 2005 IFS Hilux here.
bostokkelos
Town: Jeffreys Bay
Vehicle: 2000 hilux 2.7i 4x4

31 or 32 BF M/T

Post by bostokkelos »

Hi I recently purchased a 2.7 hilux 2000 S/C and plan on fitting BF Goodrich M/T tyres. The bakkie is still standard and is my everyday use vehicle. Will 32 x 11.5 x 15 fit or should i go with the smaller 31x10.5? I see myself fitting a replacement bumper, but not in the imediate future. Mayb a body lift will do for now? Any advise will help!
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Re: 31 or 32 BF M/T

Post by george »

Hi Dewald.PM Johannes van die See.He had them on his van and is currently running on 33's

I have 31's and it is a perfect fit if you want to keep the van standard
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
bostokkelos
Town: Jeffreys Bay
Vehicle: 2000 hilux 2.7i 4x4

Post by bostokkelos »

thx george!! I want to keep it standard for now, can always pass them on to my 2x4 hilux when i finally decide to modify the 4x4. I notice you have a snorkel on your 2.7, just had that discussion with my friend today, you think its worth the modification and does it make your petrol bakkie more tolarable to water crossings, what do you do to keep the water away from your plugs?
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

bostokkelos wrote:thx george!! I want to keep it standard for now, can always pass them on to my 2x4 hilux when i finally decide to modify the 4x4. I notice you have a snorkel on your 2.7, just had that discussion with my friend today, you think its worth the modification and does it make your petrol bakkie more tolarable to water crossings, what do you do to keep the water away from your plugs?
Hi Dewald.My main reason for the snorkel is clean air.You will find that the 2.7 standard air intake is in the wheel arch and you pick up a lot of dust.
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Liaan
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Lichtenburg
Vehicle: 99 2.7 DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: AC1

Post by Liaan »

Dewald

Ivm die snorkel, as jy met Genuine Toyota plugdrade ry kan jy nogal deur diep water gaan.
Bougi cords seel nie dig nie en die water wat die waaier dan bo-op die enjin gooi loop dan teen daai lang stele af en dan hoes en poep jou bakkie.

Met die oorspronklike drade is dit nie sommer 'n probleem nie
Almal kry die voorreg om onnosel te wees, net jammer party maak misbruik daarvan

99 2.7 Raider 4x4 D/c
OME and some more...

Gebore in die BLOU BUL hoofstad

Return to “Late 1998 to 2005 (Gen 5 aka IFS Hilux)”