Hilux cab

Discuss modifications on your late 1998 to 2005 IFS Hilux here.
hugoboss
Town: quakers hill
Vehicle: toyota hilux

Hilux cab

Post by hugoboss »

So i recently rolled my 1999 toyota hilux single cab and i was wondering if a 2001 single cab would fit onto my 1999 chassis if not i think a roof cut would be my best option. Any ideas and information is welcome.

Cheers
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Re: Hilux cab

Post by Thabogrobler »

Yep,

From late '98 till mid '05 the cab is the same.
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Post by Thunder02 »

Welcome Hugo,Thabo is spot on,know as the IFS.
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

Welcome home :wave:
Put some pikchas of your build as you go along :thumbup:
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
TOYODA
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '89 YN67R with Ford V6 3.0

Post by TOYODA »

Welcome Hugo :wave:

Sorry to hear about the accident.

The cab should fit without any problems. From '98 - '05 they only did facelifts to the grille.

Like Donkey said, post pics of the build. :subscribed:
hugoboss
Town: quakers hill
Vehicle: toyota hilux

Post by hugoboss »

Awesome that is great news :) now i did check to seeif my chassis had twisted by measuring from centre hub front to back on both sides and got the same measurement i was just wondering if anyone knows if this is an accurate way of checking or if they know another waybi can do it at home?

And i will most definately post up pictures of now project ahaha cheers for all the info so far and the warm welcomes :)
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

hugoboss wrote:Awesome that is great news :) now i did check to seeif my chassis had twisted by measuring from centre hub front to back on both sides and got the same measurement i was just wondering if anyone knows if this is an accurate way of checking or if they know another waybi can do it at home?

And i will most definately post up pictures of now project ahaha cheers for all the info so far and the warm welcomes :)
Your method is not definitive ..... that would only indicate if it were bent laterally and even then, there's a margin of possible error if the steering is not perfectly straight. You would have to get a perfectly central position on the front cross-member and measure through to the same point on each of the rear spring hangers. That would indicate fairly accurately if there was any lateral distortion.

As far as twisting is concerned, unless it's fairly badly twisted, it's almost impossible to detect without stripping it down.
Even if you had a perfectly level floor, you would encounter problems .... if it were standing on the wheels, the springs would upset you readings, and if put on equally high stands, the weight of the assembled vehicle would flex the chassis onto an even plane.

That all said, it's unlikely that you twisted the chassis by just rolling it, unless it rolled multiple times or if it flipped and even then it would have had to have some kind of impact against something while it was rolling.

Do the check that appears in red above, if that's OK and the vehicle still stands fairly level, I wouldn't worry about it.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Genissie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Hartenbos
Vehicle: LC 80, 4500
Club VHF Licence: X254

Post by Genissie »

stone in the bush, will you not be able to get an idea should take it to a wheel alignment unit, surely they will be able to tell you more without severe expense, although this is surely not an accurate and definite way of detecting
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Yep, that'll also do it IRO the wheelbase measurements (lateral distortion) but also won't pick up any twisting.

A lot also depends on whether it's IFS or SFA.
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “Late 1998 to 2005 (Gen 5 aka IFS Hilux)”