Siena's '03 Gen. 5 Hilux Single Cab 4x4 Build + 3UZ-FE Swap.

Discuss modifications on your late 1998 to 2005 IFS Hilux here.
Siena
Town: London
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux MK5 Single Cab 4x4

Siena's '03 Gen. 5 Hilux Single Cab 4x4 Build + 3UZ-FE Swap.

Post by Siena »

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd share my build, after being a lurker here for a while.

I'm not a fan of modern Toyota family sedans, the only Toyota models I'm into are trucks, Supra and 1980's Corolla (RWD rules!)

I started working for a UK Toyota dealership November 2013, and got into the trucking scene. Not planned, but fate was to wave her wand at me, and I ended up snagging a 2003 Toyota Hilux Single Cabin 4x4. It's a 2.5 D-4D 5 speed manual. :cool:

This truck had been stood out in the open for 14 months at the dealership. I'm not sure if this actually fits in this section, it's a KDN165 model, so a UK 5th generation truck.
Siena

Re: Siena's '03 Gen. 5 Hilux Single Cab 4x4 Build + 3UZ-FE S

Post by Siena »

It was towed into my dealership with a bust rear driveshaft coupling, a defective heater, seized parking brake cable, ripped front axle outer joint bellows, and a host of other minor issues.

I looked it over, asked my boss what was going to happen to it. It belonged to Lefarge Tarmac, that has branches all over the UK. The truck had 251,000 miles on the odometer, but was structurally sound. As the driveshaft had been pulled, I engaged AWD, and fired her up. The engine ran great, even after being standing for over a year.
I drove her onto a vehicle hoist, and did a thorough inspection. A bit of surface rust, but otherwise in great shape.

The plan? What else other than a full build, and a 3UZ-FE bolted in front of the manual tranny! This was of course, subject to me getting hold of the truck.

Several phone calls and emails later, spanning 6 weeks, and the truck was mine, for the sum of £400 / R7,200. I was over the moon, what a steal!
Siena

Post by Siena »

Wow. I have no idea how to resize my images. They're on my Photobucket account, I've simply copied and pasted from the other Toyota Hilux forums I've got my project on.

Can anyone help a new guy out here?
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

If they be on Photobucket use the [ img_resize ][ /img_resize ] tags and they will be resized to display on this site.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Siena

Post by Siena »

ThysdJ wrote:If they be on Photobucket use the [ img_resize ][ /img_resize ] tags and they will be resized to display on this site.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Hi! Thanks for the advise. The only issues with resizing on Photobucket, is the links on other sites will be broken. :?

Return to “Late 1998 to 2005 (Gen 5 aka IFS Hilux)”