IFS suspension

Discuss modifications on your late 1998 to 2005 IFS Hilux here.
RudolfM
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Vredekloof
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 2.7i 4x4

IFS suspension

Post by RudolfM »

Hi,

I would like to lift my IFS slightly. I don't want to fit a fancy expensive aftermarket suspension so was thinking of fitting spacers is front and extended shackles at the rear.

What do you guys suggest would be good amount of lift without creating other problems such ( CV angles, wheel alignment, stability etc.)

I had a look at what I need this morning. When I was lying under the Bakkie I saw the distance between the bumpstops and the lower control arm is only about 20-25mm. This doesn't allow for much up travel at all.

I was wondering if the Bakkie is actually on the correct standard height in front? Maybe the torsion bars needs to be adjusted?

Can anyone measure the standard height on your bakkie please? (Bottom of rim to wheel arch front and rear)

And then is a front spacer lift and rear shackle lift the way to go? Or should I do half the lift with spacers and other half adjusting the torsion bars? And the rear, what about a spacer between the diff and the leafsprings?
Dowe Koos
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Buschwagen 2.7 4x4

Re: IFS suspension

Post by Dowe Koos »

Hallo Rudolf. Sien die thread - viewtopic.php?f=41&t=40564&p=484034&hil ... ng#p484034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - dit sal jou dalk 'n idieë gee.
Ecc 1:9 Wat gewees het, dit sal daar weer wees; en wat gebeur het, dit sal weer gebeur, en daar is glad niks nuuts onder die son nie.
lukestoyzx
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Griffith
Vehicle: 07 Hilux SR5

Post by lukestoyzx »

What maodel rig do you have? Doen it have struts or torsion bars, cant have both! [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016102 ... c5a3d1.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
RudolfM
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Vredekloof
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 2.7i 4x4

Post by RudolfM »

2001 2700i 4x4. It has torsion bars as I said.
Oupa Stig
Town: Johannesbug
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE 4X2 "Stagger Lee", Hilux IFS 2.7 4x4 "Loretta"

Post by Oupa Stig »

Rudolf, contact Darryl from Mikem suspensions.
He should be able to give you the right advise, and he may well be able to supply you with an aftermarket, stronger torsion bar which will give you a bit more lift than the standard Toyota bars.
I feel a lot less wise at 45 than I did at 15.

Return to “Late 1998 to 2005 (Gen 5 aka IFS Hilux)”