Ramkat received his front locker PICS ADDED

Discuss modifications on your new shape Hilux here. 2005 till current. Also called the Vigo in other countries.
Rampie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: '10 Pajero Sport

Ramkat received his front locker PICS ADDED

Post by Rampie »

PICS EVENTUALLY ADDED

Ramkat the 2.5 D4D this week spent a day at 4X4Megaworld Pretoria in the capable hands of Louis and Abri and got an ARB Air locker transplanted into his front axle. Part of the system includes a nifty air compressor that now lives in the engine bay and comes with hose, fittings etc to inflate anything from rugby balls to earthmover tyres! I've taken a few cr@ppy cellphone photos and will try and upload as soon as I've figured out how to get them onto a pc.

Louis even let me use his mom's car for the day so I could spent the morning productively (NOT) at the Tanzanian embassy getting our visa's (R400 each for a tourist visa which has to be paid into their Standard Bank account!).

Anyone who thinks of going there, be warned that their range of items in stock is huge, the prices are excellent and it is impossible to walk out there without spending the kids' inheritance. Amongst other things I got 2 electric blankets that works of 12v for about R145 each!! Be afraid, be VERY afraid!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks Louis, Abri and the rest of your team for answering all my questions, plying me with coffee and letting me take a very nice nap in your showroom!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops:
Attachments
11062008046.jpg
11062008051.jpg
11062008050.jpg
11062008047.jpg
Last edited by Rampie on Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Re: Ramkat received his front locker

Post by BenHur »

I also bought 2 of those blanies from Louis before last winter :wink:
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Congrats Andre.
Now you can take on Koos se klim at Moegatle next time :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Family_Dog
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Nice one, Andre! I meant to give you a buzz to hear how it all worked out. I haven't been to Louis' Palace yet, I'm still trying to convince him to open up here in Klerkies!
Louis even let me use his mom's car for the day so I could spent the morning productively (NOT) at the Tanzanian embassy getting our visa's (R400 each for a tourist visa which has to be paid into their Standard Bank account!).
OK, we won't tell Louis' mom that, will we? :lol:

If you don't come right with the pics, pop round here and I'll take some & post them for you.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Rampie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Rampie »

Family_BullDog wrote: If you don't come right with the pics, pop round here and I'll take some & post them for you.
-F_D
Eric

The morning was not spent Productively. It really takes ALL my patience to wait in a queue for ages to be told to go to the bank. Then to find the bank, pay the bucks, go back to same queue and then to be told to come back to fetch Visa next day. Anyway we got the passports with visa's back yesterday via courier. :evil: :!:

If we tell Abri to open that diff so that we can take some more pics, he will definitely have a coronery! It took the guys the whole day till after 6pm to get the job done. It's major surgery on the new shape 'Lux.
Louis was already going to tell him he has to come to Klerksdorp on Saturday to fix it.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Andre
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

He mentioned to me that the new Hilux is an extremely labour-intensive job. But, it's done. Have you had a chance to try it out yet?

-F_D

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Rampie
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Rampie »

Family_BullDog wrote:Have you had a chance to try it out yet?

-F_D
Eric
Haven't had a chance to try it as yet, went playing in the sunshine with the BM today. Rode to Parys, had a toot and came back this afternoon. The new bike has stunning handling and more than enough performance.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Andre
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Rampie wrote:
Family_BullDog wrote:Have you had a chance to try it out yet?

-F_D
Eric
Haven't had a chance to try it as yet, went playing in the sunshine with the BM today. Rode to Parys, had a toot and came back this afternoon. The new bike has stunning handling and more than enough performance.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Andre
Which probably explains why you weren't at home today when I drove past! :mrgreen:

I have become gatvol (can I say that on a family forum?) sitting here at home recovering from the 'flu. Almost better, but my throat still feels like barbed wire has been pulled through it, so got into Bulldog, loaded Tammy (Staffie) & Rusty (JR) and we went for a drive! :D

-F_D

Return to “Late 2005 - 2016 Hilux (Gen 6 aka Vigo-shape)”