Rooftracks alternative

Discuss modifications on your new shape Hilux here. 2005 till current. Also called the Vigo in other countries.
coetzer94
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Pretoorsdorp
Vehicle: Silver Hilux DC 2.8 GD-6 2016

Rooftracks alternative

Post by coetzer94 »

Hi

Im looking into fitting a set of roof tracks on the bakkie to add a roofrack or loadbars.

My question the is, is there no alternative to the normal track systems as sold by 4x4 megaworld, or lasport?

I have seen a track on a aussie forum, i think it was a rhino product, but i dont know if the are available in SA. (Sorry no pics)

Personally i dont like the normal rails because when i recently studied a friend's rails it looked like the rail was only supported on the sides of the gutter track as the rails are to wide to fit inside, this also opens up a gap under the rail where water and dirt can accumulate. There is a rubber strip between the roof and track, but a system that fits inside the track would be much better.

Any suggestions?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working on my bucket list only makes it longer
coetzer94
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Pretoorsdorp
Vehicle: Silver Hilux DC 2.8 GD-6 2016

Re: Rooftracks alternative

Post by coetzer94 »

This is the pics i got, looks like a very neat setup
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working on my bucket list only makes it longer

Return to “Late 2005 - 2016 Hilux (Gen 6 aka Vigo-shape)”