Hilux D4D 4x2 conversion 4x4 wiring.

Discuss modifications on your new shape Hilux here. 2005 till current. Also called the Vigo in other countries.
bfvandermerwe
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: pretoria
Vehicle: Hilux

Hilux D4D 4x2 conversion 4x4 wiring.

Post by bfvandermerwe »

I converted my "Trok" from 2x4 to 4x4.
The only holdup i currently have is the harness.
I spoke with so much electricians, Diff centers, even toyota self.
No one can help me.

The front diff works with a electronic actuator that engage the right shaft with the diff portion.
i cant find anyone who can wire this 6 pin plug in pretoria.

i even have the part number. A 3 ADD Actuator 90980–11858

Any one please help!!!
Mars
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux Dakar 2.8 GD-6 DC 4X4

Re: Hilux D4D 4x2 conversion 4x4 wiring.

Post by Mars »

I am going to try and give you some assistance here. Please look at this wiring diagram and make it our for yourself too. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBtdl ... view?pli=1 See page 124 and the narrative description of how it is switched on the next page. I am not an auto electrician and not liable for any expensive smoke coming out of any wiring, relays or any other electric or electronic components.

If you hold A3 with the connector lock tab on top then pins 1-6 are numbered from the left to the right. See page 194 of the manual.

Pin 1 is indicated as DM1: It connects the DM1 pin on the 4Wd computer to DM 1 on the actuator and inside the actuator is connected to the electric motor.
Pin 2 is DM2 and connects the 4wd Control ECU DM2 to DM2 on the actuator. It completes the circuit to the actuator motor.
Pin 3 is the ADD connection between the 4wd Control ECU ADD pin and the ADD pin on the actuator. It is actually a switch internal to the actuator that connects the ADD pin to ground when switched on. (not sure under what condition this switch is closed. Probably when 4wd is engaged?) Note the other connections of the ADD to the Skid Control ECU - S2 (where fitted), the Transmission Control ECU - T18- (where fitted) and the Transfer Indicator Switch T4 (L4 position) before connecting to the ground pin on the 4wd Control ECU.
Pin 4 is indicated as ground inside the actuator but connects the pin to the transfer indicator switch T3 (4wd position). and completes the circuit with pin 3- ADD when switched. The transfer indicator switch T3 is in turn connected to the 4wd Control ECU on the 4WD pin.
Pin 5 connects the DL2 pin on the actuator to the DL2 pin on the 4wd Control ECU. This appears to be a link/switch that would serve to indicate the position of the selector inside the actuator to the 4wd Control ECU.
Pin 6 connects the DL1 pin on the actuator to the DL1 pin on the 4wd Control ECU. and completes the circuit between DL and 4wd Control ECU.

The 4wd Control ECU has only two other pins. One going to the Ignition for power and one to the 4WD indicator light/LED in the dash.

Return to “Late 2005 - 2016 Hilux (Gen 6 aka Vigo-shape)”