ARB Old Man Emu suspension help !!!

Discuss modifications on your new shape Hilux here. 2005 till current. Also called the Vigo in other countries.
Ge23ev
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Tehran
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux

ARB Old Man Emu suspension help !!!

Post by Ge23ev »

hey guys
im thinking about changing my suspension from stock to the ARB old man emu kit .and i have some questions
-how is it over all ?
-is the ride going to be smoother and better handling and less jumpy ?
-how is it going to affect the off road capabilities ?
-and can you explain what i should be expecting in general since i am doing this for a smoother city ride and better handling and off road abilty ???

my car is 2015 2.7 petrol 4x4 automatic with 265/70r17 bf goodrich all terrain with trd fj cruiser rims

thanks
Attachments
20151029_085407070_iOS.jpg
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Re: ARB Old Man Emu suspension help !!!

Post by ChrisF »

Ge23ev wrote:hey guys
im thinking about changing my suspension from stock to the ARB old man emu kit .and i have some questions
-how is it over all ? - MUCH better than the stock suspension
-is the ride going to be smoother and better handling and less jumpy ? - YES, especially less bumpy
-how is it going to affect the off road capabilities ? - It will improve the off road handling. Should also improve "articulation" off road, giving more grip and thus better off road handling
-and can you explain what i should be expecting in general since i am doing this for a smoother city ride and better handling and off road abilty ??? -

my car is 2015 2.7 petrol 4x4 automatic with 265/70r17 bf goodrich all terrain with trd fj cruiser rims

thanks
Feedback above -

I opted for the IRONMAN equivalent. Similar benefits, at a better price.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome Shayan! :thumbup:

Yes, better all round suspension performance in every way you can imagine. It will be the single most important improvement you will have done to your vehicle, and for that I would spend the extra few bucks and get the OME stuff.

:winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
FIRSTGEER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: King WilliamsTown
Vehicle: 2,5 D4D Singlr Cab 4X4 Full OME suspension. snorkel.GMA aftermarket bullbar.
Club VHF Licence: HC 109

Post by FIRSTGEER »

Howzit Chris.I have driven Hilux 4x4's with OME syspention for the last 15 years and am still using OME in my current 4x4 and will install OME in any future 4x4 I happen to own.The market is now flooded with aftermarket syspentions which some are great but many are suspect but I will stick to what works for me and has served me without any hastles in the past.
Ge23ev
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Tehran
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux

Post by Ge23ev »

Mud Dog wrote:Welcome Shayan! :thumbup:

Yes, better all round suspension performance in every way you can imagine. It will be the single most important improvement you will have done to your vehicle, and for that I would spend the extra few bucks and get the OME stuff.

:winkx:
thanks for your reply
but is the rear suspension still going to be jumpy and kick alot since its still going to be replaced by leaf spring ? or is the new leaf springs less stiff than stock ? because right now is very jumpy and stiff specially in the rear
ive heard that its not going to be like 100 percent smoother to like a land cruiser but its still going to be like 70 be close but i dont know

where i live the arb kit is going to cost me about 1500 usd but thats not an issue if i it delivers what i expect which is better off roading and smoother and less jumpy street ride
Attachments
14790983741_af9a6cca62_m.jpg
14790983741_af9a6cca62_m.jpg (20.54 KiB) Viewed 3127 times
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

Your choice will be either the EL043R springs if you not going to load the rear. The other option is the EL044R springs in the rear if you so now and again will load in the back. The difference is the load capacity of the springs, 1st option is a light load but still better than the STD leaf springs, 2nd option is medium load that gives more load capacity, this will be from comfortable to about firmer. Both will still be better than the Original setup.

I got a setup suggestion, I use the parts as reference;
1. Front Coils - OME2883
2. Front Shocks - OME90002
3. Rear Leaf Springs - OMEEL043R or EL044R depends on you needs for loading
4. Rear Shocks - OME60007
5. Rear Leafspring bushes - OMESB98

This kit is a nice setup as I looked at your photo of you Hilux.

Louis

Return to “Late 2005 - 2016 Hilux (Gen 6 aka Vigo-shape)”