2011 Suspension/Lift Advice

Discuss modifications on your new shape Hilux here. 2005 till current. Also called the Vigo in other countries.
dougiedanger
Town: Chegutu
Vehicle: 2011 Toyota Hilux DC 4x4, Redback Replacement Bullbar, Warn Winch, Witson Sat Nav Audio system

2011 Suspension/Lift Advice

Post by dougiedanger »

Hi all,

I would like to get some advice on what other forum members suggest as to modifying my suspension.
I have recently purchased a 2011 Hilux DC 4x4 that the previous owner has installed (only 2 months before I bought it) a redback replacement bumper and a 8000lb warn winch.
My question is what is the estimated weight of these add ons and how will it affect my suspension in the long term? Should I be considering upgrading the current suspension, lifting the vehicle etc.
It is coming up on 58 000km so I would assume that the shocks etc (if the previous owner didn't drive too badly) should have some life in them...

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Regards

Doug
lukestoyzx
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Griffith
Vehicle: 07 Hilux SR5

Re: 2011 Suspension/Lift Advice

Post by lukestoyzx »

Here in aus there r plenty of kits available as I'm sure there is there too. You will probably notice the front end sagging under the weight which is never good off road as it's limiting travel. You'll probably find ya could get away with just putting a 2 inch lift in the front and leave the rear alone and it'll level out. Just depends on the weight.
ToyoAvesh
Town: Durban
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux

Post by ToyoAvesh »

hi there

I have more questions in this regard

I have a 09 Hilux 4x2 D/C that had a 33" arctic truck conversion done that i had converted to 4x4 using the drivetrain out a fortuner. it works well but i am have issues with the cv and steering rack and control arm angles where we find it difficult to get the alignment right.

I see there are kits available where we can drop the crossmembers and lover the diff and rack and control arms and bring it within spec.

These kits seem to cost an arm and a leg to import made worse by exchange rate and the size and weight of the parts.

Does anyone know where in South Africa I can get this kit or of any 4x4 engineers that can make up this kit for me at a reasonable cost.

thank u
lukestoyzx
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Griffith
Vehicle: 07 Hilux SR5

Post by lukestoyzx »

Ya wanna roll big rubber ya gotta pay the price my friend!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Return to “Late 2005 - 2016 Hilux (Gen 6 aka Vigo-shape)”