Please help with OME advice on an IFS

Modifications to any other vehicles or things which can benefit any of the other vehicles owners.
Jackal
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: CTN
Vehicle: Hilux 2700i D/C 4x4 2002

Please help with OME advice on an IFS

Post by Jackal »

Hey guys, my current front and rear suspension is stock standard with a cheap set of Monroe shocks and Firestone air suspension at the back. I also have a heavy ARB bumper fitted but no winch. I've always felt my front end bounces around and bottoms out a lot especially when approaching dunes with a bumpy start, or descending a steep technical trail. If I plough the base of a dune at speed it feels like my suspension is still bouncing half way up the dune.

- I'm very close to getting a set of OME shocks and torsion bars fitted to the front end. I don't have cash to do the rear as well. Is it really worth it?
- Can I get away with just doing the shocks or do I really need to do torsion bars as well to get the maximum benefit?
- How much is a fair price for both the shocks and torsion bars fitted and where is the best place to go in CTN?

Thanks!
Toyota Hilux 2700i DC 4x4 2002
KTM 300 XC-W 2008
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Re: Please help with OME advice on an IFS

Post by LouisZ »

Will be worth it.

The torsions will help with the weight because of the bumper and age of the std torsions. This will take take the bounce out. We always recommend the shocks aswell, but should be fine if one want to do the Torsions 1st because that is wher the problem is and later the shocks.

Pricing:

1. Set of Torsions = R3555

2. Ome Shocks = R3258

Pricing include Vat, just have to get fitment pricing.

You can go to 4x4 Megaworld Paarden Island or Somerset West.

Louis
Jackal
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: CTN
Vehicle: Hilux 2700i D/C 4x4 2002

Post by Jackal »

I fitted my OME shocks and torsion bars to my bakkie last week at 4x4 Megaworld Paarden Eiland. Best money I have spent on my bakkie to date. Went to test my suspension out at Atlantis Dunes last weekend and the difference was incredible. My farm appliance was cruising up dunes that previously defeated me with no problems now (I have also just fitted 31' Maxxis Bighorns as well). I didn't have the cash to do the rear suspension as well but even just doing the front is awesome.
Toyota Hilux 2700i DC 4x4 2002
KTM 300 XC-W 2008
LouisZ
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 1996

Post by LouisZ »

Great Carl :thumbup:

You can do the Rear later as your budget allows it.
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

And the bashplate, did you fit that?
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots

Return to “General Mods”