Brake light fuse keeps blowing ,?

Modifications to any other vehicles or things which can benefit any of the other vehicles owners.
Apples29
Town: Whyalla
Vehicle: 1993 2.8l ln106 Toyota hilux

Brake light fuse keeps blowing ,?

Post by Apples29 »

Could it be the new sports bar with led brake light on it, I have wired it into the brake light, but it worked fine no dramas, I then installed a led light bar on the front cone ted into the high beams but I can't tell how long the brake light fuse was out? And when I put a new fuse in and then press on the brake the fuse blows? Help please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Re: Brake light fuse keeps blowing ,?

Post by CasKru »

It sounds like either of your installations is shorting directly to earth. Retrace your steps and check all wiring
To God be the glory
Apples29
Town: Whyalla
Vehicle: 1993 2.8l ln106 Toyota hilux

Post by Apples29 »

Yep cheers mate, exactly that, one of the wires were rubbing on the tray as it was jammed between the sports bar and the tray, then the wire was exposed and yeah ever time the brake was depressed it would blow, thanks mate, :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Good that you found it .... all you needed was a dud fuse and you could have had a serious fire on your hands. Rather re-direct your wiring via a less hazardous route, put a protective shroud over it and secure it. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “General Mods”