Wannenburg aftermarket

Modifications to any other vehicles or things which can benefit any of the other vehicles owners.
Jasper 2
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: 2006 Hilux V6 4x4

Wannenburg aftermarket

Post by Jasper 2 »

Hmmm...
So I bought a set of facelift headlights and grill feom Wannenburgs which brought the look of my 2006 up to 2010 spec minimum and it looks good

I also bought the rollbar which looks good (but doesn't fit unlesss you drill 10 holes to make the screws fit)

They are waaayyyyy cheaper than 4x4 direct and looks 10 times more decent unless U look closer at the fitment...

The challenge here is that I can get a front ARB style bumper that looks exquisite for 9500 from Wannenburgs against the 4x4 direct version which goes for 12K + (which looks aesthetically Like a chinese knockoff but definitely proven to be the works if I read forum comment correctly..)

Guaged on the Wannenburg version rollbar now on my bakkie it looks aestetically cool if you ignore the mounts but if The same mounting issues surface on the bar then I'll have an issue...

Aesthetics ddon't fill the gap of functional fitting and longevity..

But where does one draw the line on price??

I'd love to have the Wanneburg look at their price but I certainly don't want to compromise body integrity to try and fit it

Has anyone here fitted a Wannenburg front offroad bumper and does it actually fit because the roollbbar sold by them certainly don't fit unless you drille some serious holes into the metalworks...

I don't want to attempt that with the structure.. I can handle it on the tub but not on the structure...

Please can anyone tell me whether the Wanneburg front offroad bumper will fit standard mounts without me having to do serious modifications... It looks like the Rhino at 9.5K so in my mind it's a bargain but if it's gonna mount like rubbish or stuff up the integrity of the chassis then I don't want it...
In a land of milk & honey where the bush is full of stuff... The Hiluxes roam free and the world is not enough!
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Re: Wannenburg aftermarket

Post by pietpetoors »

4x4 Direct do not sell rollbars at all.

In the end you get what you pay for.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

I am curious, if you think 4x4 Direct's price is a rip off, as what do you classify those bumpers that goes for R18k or more?
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
ROOFER
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: grassy park cape town
Vehicle: 99 s/c hilux 4x4 2.7i long range tank & dual battery; 2003 nissan x-TRAIL (4X4)

Post by ROOFER »

pietpetoors wrote:I am curious, if you think 4x4 Direct's price is a rip off, as what do you classify those bumpers that goes for R18k or more?
:shock2: That would be my question tooo. :?: :o: :o: :o: :subscribed:
dd6
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: 1995 SFA

Post by dd6 »

Jandre, I must warn you. We are quite fond of 4x4 Direct on this forum. It's a family thing.....
coetzer94
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Pretoorsdorp
Vehicle: Silver Hilux DC 2.8 GD-6 2016

Post by coetzer94 »

I would reccomend that you find out the spesific make of the bumper, if it is from a well known manufacturer the chances of a difficult installation becomes a lot smaller problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working on my bucket list only makes it longer
Jasper 2
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Jasper 2 »

eish... My writing always causes ambiguity.

Chaps

What I tried to bring accross is that I would rather buy the 4x4 direct unit @ 12K than go for aesthetics only at 9 K

Unless someone can tell me that they are happy with the Wannenburg unit in which case I would consider it but from experience with the rollbar I got from them I'd rather stay with 4x4 direct.
In a land of milk & honey where the bush is full of stuff... The Hiluxes roam free and the world is not enough!
Jasper 2
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Jasper 2 »

dd6

I'll never diss them! I'm in fact quite fond of them myself. Half the gadgets I had on my Cruiser came from them and the LED bar I want to fit on my hilux will most certainly find it's way to me via their doors.

I may think the bumper they sell looks ugly but I also the first to admit that with some things in life U have to look past aesthetics and rather go for quality.
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Glad to hear that. We now sell 3 different makes of bumpers for the Hlux and all 3 are in the same price range.

Give Neil a call (011-813-5319) and hear if the imported bumper is still there, it is not on the site no more.

Otherwise there is the Nudge M
http://www.4x4direct.co.za/offroad-bump ... -p-357.htm

The BZT which is very very nice
http://www.4x4direct.co.za/offroad-bump ... p-1847.htm

And the Bundu which are also very nice
http://www.4x4direct.co.za/offroad-bump ... p-1822.htm

All 3 are locally manufactured and they fit very good, you wont drill 20 holes to get them fitted.
Jasper 2
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Jasper 2 »

Jis ek weet nie
Al 3 die bumpers is monsters
Maar asteties sukkel ek nog om dit te kop vir die Hilux

Die Bundu bumper het ek soortgelyk op die Cruiser gesit want dit pas hom vir " rugged look" maar ek gaan nog so rukkie moet dink met die Hilux...

Piet,
Het julle nie 'n bumper sonder die rounding wat die ligte cover nie???

Kry een van daai en eks by julle onmiddelik!
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Jasper jammer jy is so ver ... sou graag vir jou wou WYS wat my buurman nou gekry het ... :thumbdown: :silent:

So paar weke terug het iemand in hom vas gery, en die bumper moes vervang word.

Hy reel toe met die versekering vir n after-market bumper ... en toe begin die soektog !!

Mooi advertensies in die boeke ... en die een wat REG lyk .... R30 vir n bumper !!! :shock2:

Laat toe een plaaslik maak, by een van die top drie plekke in die Wes Kaap. Gister middag klim hy onder die Prado .... :slap: :crazy: Hy het omtrent n blik Tectol uitgespuit .... Voor blink, maar agter nie so netjies nie ....

Nee wat, Pieter se pryse is goed, EN mens kan voel en vat aan die goed en seker maak jy kry die regte ding.
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Laat toe een plaaslik maak, by een van die top drie plekke in die Wes Kaap. Gister middag klim hy onder die Prado .... :slap: :crazy: Hy het omtrent n blik Tectol uitgespuit .... Voor blink, maar agter nie so netjies nie ....
Ha Ha, ek kan net raai by wie :shh:
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Post by 4x4BEES »

ChrisF wrote:Jasper jammer jy is so ver ... sou graag vir jou wou WYS wat my buurman nou gekry het ... :thumbdown: :silent:

So paar weke terug het iemand in hom vas gery, en die bumper moes vervang word.

Hy reel toe met die versekering vir n after-market bumper ... en toe begin die soektog !!

Mooi advertensies in die boeke ... en die een wat REG lyk ....R30 vir n bumper !!! :shock2:

Nee wat, Pieter se pryse is goed, EN mens kan voel en vat aan die goed en seker maak jy kry die regte ding.
R30 'n bumper??

Ekke wil okke eene he :lmao: :lmao:
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Ekke wil okke eene he :lmao: :lmao:
Jy wil nie in die Kaap een he nie, hulle chroom roes.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

wil jy steeds een hê teen R30 K
4x4BEES
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0V6

Post by 4x4BEES »

ChrisF wrote:wil jy steeds een hê teen R30 K
Dis n bietjie anders :slap: :slap:
Dink ek sal maar wegbly :lmao: :lmao:
Jasper 2
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Jasper 2 »

Ja toemaar
ek het vanoggend die Wannenburg bumbper op 'n Hilux gesien... :naah: :sick:

Sal maar nog 'n maand of wat spaar en daar by 4x4 direct draai gooi virre bundu fit!
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

:cooldude: :thumbup:
antlo69
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria North
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 3.0 D-4D, leveling kit, 17" with A/T BFg's, sadly stil some Tupperware, wish list growing by the day

Post by antlo69 »

Ek het al n hele paar Hiluxe opgrbou met Wannenburg se produkte. Goeie pryse maar deesdae het ek langer gewag en eerder probeer om OEM parte by breakers te kry soms teen beter pryse as die chinese goed.

Dir probleem is die goedkoop goed lyk vrek mooi en blink maar net vir n kort rukkie. Die hoofligte krap gouer, die fake chrome grill krap gou en raak gou lelik. Die lys gaan aan en aan.

Persoonlik, as jy van jou Hilux hou en is trots op hom gee hom wat hy verdien en betaal eerder n bietjie meer.
"Must be a Toyota, must be a diesel and must run on BFG's"

Return to “General Mods”