Demon and Rian - Conversions Banter

Post questions, advice and pictures of Engine conversions here
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: JHB
Vehicle: Hilux 3UZ vvt-i. Disco 3 V8 4.4 L. G Wagon 3UZ vvt-i . Polo 2.0 converted...Volvo S40 2.0

Demon and Rian - Conversions Banter

Post by Demon »

Heads up Riaan.

But confused about your pics. Uv got your ranger in the first two pics but then you got a pic of a truck with a 4.0l v8 motor in it :eh: The other thing is are you putting in a Honda motor ? you seem to talk about vtec which is from the Hond range. Toyota = vvti. Why did you not just start with a turbo motor ? You could have put that kw out with a 1jz vvti or 2jz vvti with not much of a mod. Hope you are spending over a 100 grand on this truck other wise it's going to land up in the junkmail and if im looking to buy a truck i will make sure it's not this one. The only way i see fit that the vvti is going to work the way it should, is running standard ecu otherwise forget it. vvti is programed into the the ecu which in turn talks with airflow,fuel and cam sensor. I dont understand how the aftermarket guys can say they sell a unit that runs that solinoid, because on their system it's in a speprate unit which dose not know air flow or any of that. Maybe it switches it on at 2500rpm but after that it just sits on thru the revs( cant see it doing more than that ) The vvti is great for fuel consumption and low down torque so for a turbo motor it's a big plus. Reports on the 1jz vvti is sitting at around + -13km per liter ( Standard ecu ) Just a guess on my part but would say that your pipe work is going to be a problem, The lag is going to be huge and its going to take off like a rocket and when you take your foot off the gas its going to be dead and then take off like a mad thing again when you regass ( At 3km per liter, not good) Not ideal for town and every day driving. Mybe if you wana do sort runs at the drag strip. Anyways i would say pull that motor and go for a turbo motor and run Standard ecu. There are guys out there that really know how to wire up standard and they do it right. Hey guys how about sum close up pics of the mods. My eye sight is not good and i cant see any thing with you guys taking pics from 30 yards away. Demon :twisted:
V8 SOLID
Rian
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Ford Courier - Vw Caddy - Isuzu kb250 - Mazda 250td/i - Mercedes Benz C230 Compressor sport

Re: Lexus 4.0 vvti

Post by Rian »

Ek dink jy moet ma daardie oogies van jou laat toets ou pel want daar is geen ranger op my foto's nie en die ander een is 'n "SUV" nie "Truck" nie. En wat die ander dingetjies betref lees weer die forum van voor af dan sal jy beter verstaan.

Gee vir my jou e-pos adres dan mail ek vir jou groter foto's.

Dankie vir die belangsteling net jammer jy het niks op jou profiel nie groete :thumbup:
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: Hilux 3UZ vvt-i. Disco 3 V8 4.4 L. G Wagon 3UZ vvt-i . Polo 2.0 converted...Volvo S40 2.0

Post by Demon »

Sorry about the mix up about the ranger. Im just stupid when it comes to the frots out there. There must be a reason. Ok before you tell me to read the thread propley i must tell you that i was around and about when the guys were doing the build on this same cruiser :o: I was not involved but it was great to pop my head around it and take a look see.
V8 SOLID
Rian
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: Ford Courier - Vw Caddy - Isuzu kb250 - Mazda 250td/i - Mercedes Benz C230 Compressor sport

Post by Rian »

Derick you are welcome to come and pop in at my shop, I can asure you that we are a couple of guys dedicated to do a lot of stuff.

Send me your mail adres so that I can forward you some desend pic's of what we are doing here.

Cheers :mrgreen:
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

You should start a thread with your mod because it's not good to hijack another thread. My fault. But anyway i will make you a deal if you get your truck on the road and sort out all the teething problems then i will be happy to make turn. :thumbup:
V8 SOLID
Rian
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Rian »

Who's thread did I Hi jack?? In any case my engine is a 4.3liter vvti not a 4.0 liter vvti. So please explain ?
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

My comments here are now totally irrelevant... like the majority of my other posts... just thought I'd let you all know...

mr b :twisted:
Last edited by Mr_B on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Re: Demon and Rian - Conversions Banter

Post by ThysdJ »

There now you guys can chat to your heart's content.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
redhummer

Post by redhummer »

lol...It will be a good discussion .. Both of you started it and should finish with a conclusion. Every point of relavance is relative unless one talks nonsence
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

I anyway think that both the conversions they do are pointless, as I drive a Ford V8...

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Cool. LOL ya for sure. I like it :D Maybe i will pop a few of my comments in about my motor, and maybe i could learn sumthing new. Mr Riaan I was the one at fault not you. You did nothing wrong mate. The only thing that was wrong was those small pics :twisted:
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Hey Redhummer/ Standard ecu expert good to see you here.
V8 SOLID
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Kaspaas wrote:There now you guys can chat to your heart's content.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
What! :wth: .... are we blogging now! :lol: :wink:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Off topic Andy!
Rian
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Rian »

Demon wrote:Cool. LOL ya for sure. I like it :D Maybe i will pop a few of my comments in about my motor, and maybe i could learn sumthing new. Mr Riaan I was the one at fault not you. You did nothing wrong mate. The only thing that was wrong was those small pics :twisted:
Die smaal pics iriteer my ook! Facebook werk maliker! "No offence taken pal". Ek is gelukkig iemand met baie geduld, jy sien ek het vir meer as tien jaar 'n Ford gery ek weet hoe om te sukkel en dis waar ek al my geduld vandaan kry. :o:
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Hey mr Rian

Are you burning rubber with that monster truck yet mate :thumbup:
V8 SOLID
Rian
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Rian »

Hi Demon

Will be burning rubber soon.
It is goining for a roll cadge at Speed spot in this wheek, after that its going to "Tip top tyres" for wheel alighnment.
And then to "MRD Dyno's" For a tune.

Sorry but I am not in a hurry! "Rome wasnt build in one day"

Got a start up video but I battle to load it, gues I am not clever enough. :eh:
Rian
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Rian »

Ek het 'n vraagie vir jou.

Ek het jou profiel dop gehou en jy het net posts op my posts en replys begin gee op die forum.

Is jy seker jy bly nie in Pretoria nie? Ek dink ek ken jou! mmm. Ek was in jou shop weet wat jy doen, seker daarvan jy het my nog gebel.

Ma ja ek is seker mal wil nie weer 'n ding begin nie. Hoe het hulle in die Weermag gese werk saam maaitjies! :lol:
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Right on, Rome took a long time. You must post your dyno sheet up aswell. Was not me that gave you a call and i stay in JHB. Have not seen you in the other threads which iv been posting in ? Take a look see in standard ecu thread
V8 SOLID
Rian
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Rian »

Sorry my engels is nie goed nie die skool het afgebrand toe ek dit moes leer en nou chop ek af.

Op Lextreme boost hulle 1200 psi op standard motors. Die projek sonder die bakkie kos my al so +-R120 000-00 so die huiswerk is gedoen. Foute is gemaak.

"I am not a fly buy night" soos hulle se! Got a anual VAT. clearance certificate for my business and satisfied customers ect. :D

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”