7Mge conversion

Post questions, advice and pictures of Engine conversions here
BALDY
Town: pretoria
Vehicle: hillux

7Mge conversion

Post by BALDY »

Hallo almal

Ek is nuut hier rond. Het onlangs n E/KJT 4X4 Hillux SFA met 7mge Cressida motor aangeskaf.

What A Car! Ongelukkig het die ''Electronic Ignitor op dir Coil'' water gekry tydens n bad, nou blyk die onderdeel efe skaars te wees.

Is daar enige iemand wat raad het, Std ''managament system'' met ''Airflow'' ens.

Ek woon in PTA area.

Groete.
conversion man
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: 911 Carreara MB CL 500 MB 500SEC MB 450 SLC CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE CONVERTABLE SFA HILEX JEEP 5.2 V8 FORD RANGER LEXUS

Re: 7Mge conversion

Post by conversion man »

Sit a v8 LEXUS in :) :)
Gunta
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

Hennie I have had my 7mge for over 5 years now and I have not been able to find the airflow meter. I have the original computer box make me an offer. I also have a Gotech ecu spare.
Worry about the things you can do something about, If you can't don't worry.
Live life to the fullest with no regrets.
PERS KERS
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: HILUX,CRUISER,FORTUNER

Post by PERS KERS »

ek het alles vir n 7mgte vir jou, sit gou vir jou n 7mgte in man lekker krag. groete
Gunta
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

Alex are you running a turbo on your 7m. What power are you getting and what is your fuel consumption like?
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

PERS KERS wrote:sit gou vir jou n 7mgte in man lekker krag.
Die GTE is nie reg vir 4x4 nie maar dit is elke man se keuse wat hy wil doen, en 7M is nie jou maat nie daar is baie dinge wat moet gebeur as jy hom wil laat loop sonder over-heating. Jou cooling system moet reg wees en ek praat uit ondervinding met die 7M GTE. Turbo charge is lekker as jy nie wil off-road gaan nie ek stem die krag is lekker maar as jy wil krag he sit dan vir jou n 2JZ GTE in dan sien jy wat is krag. Volgens my is die 7M iets wat jy in n donkiekar sit met die donkie nog ingespan :twisted:
En vir die rekord ek mik nie op Thys nie, nie dat hy hom sal steur nie.
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Spartan wrote:Volgens my is die 7M iets wat jy in n donkiekar sit met die donkie nog ingespan :twisted:
En vir die rekord ek mik nie op Thys nie, nie dat hy hom sal steur nie.
WAT????
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
PERS KERS
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by PERS KERS »

Spartan, ek stem saam die krag van GTE is mooi, vir info onthalwe wat is die 2JZ se kw en nm teenoor die 7MGE ek weet dis absoluut nuwer tegnologie?
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

PERS KERS wrote:Spartan, ek stem saam die krag van GTE is mooi, vir info onthalwe wat is die 2JZ se kw en nm teenoor die 7MGE ek weet dis absoluut nuwer tegnologie?
Ek het nog nie gedino nie omdat ek nie in die land is nie maar ek het n branch op en het aan die intake gewerk, maar hy trek n snotskoot.
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
PERS KERS
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by PERS KERS »

"Alex are you running a turbo on your 7m. What power are you getting and what is your fuel consumption like?"

Gunta, I had a 7MGTE in my SFA, with mr turbo management,when the turbo was std I got 7km/l on highway to out Africa trips, then my ass was itching, put a big turbo (Smart Racing Hannes) on the dyno it was 176 kw and 400nm on the wheels, 5 km/l if I was driving nice, but it was impossiable to drive 120km/h. that upgrade was to powerfull, the std gearbox still lasted 3 years en toe was hy klaar. now I am running a 2JZGTE sequental turbo std ecu, with our trip a week ago through Namb 7000km 4x4 ,river crossings, almost no tar road full kit ave 5.9 km/l. Very nice conversion, remember the first turbo start to boost at 1000-1300 rpm and second start at 3500 rpm.
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

My 7M GTE wat ek in n Nissan gehad het het 158 Kw en 435 Nm op die wielle gemaak met n stock turbo housing met n /25 intake wiel. Het wel later terug gegaan na n stock turbo toe en ook so verkoop die ou ry nou nog met die bakkie net so. Ek het so 8 tot 8.4 km/l gekry. Die ECU was n GoTech pro en dit was in 05.
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Spartan, are you re-establishing the Afrikaaner homeland in the Middle East... :twisted: when you coming back home to the promised land :?: :?:

Mr B :mrgreen:
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Spartan »

Mr_B wrote:Spartan, when you coming back home to the promised land :?: :?:

Mr B :mrgreen:
They say end of July but we will see about that, I don't believe what they say. :think:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
Gunta

Post by Gunta »

PERS KERS wrote:"Alex are you running a turbo on your 7m. What power are you getting and what is your fuel consumption like?"

Gunta, I had a 7MGTE in my SFA, with mr turbo management,when the turbo was std I got 7km/l on highway to out Africa trips, then my ass was itching, put a big turbo (Smart Racing Hannes) on the dyno it was 176 kw and 400nm on the wheels, 5 km/l if I was driving nice, but it was impossiable to drive 120km/h. that upgrade was to powerfull, the std gearbox still lasted 3 years en toe was hy klaar. now I am running a 2JZGTE sequental turbo std ecu, with our trip a week ago through Namb 7000km 4x4 ,river crossings, almost no tar road full kit ave 5.9 km/l. Very nice conversion, remember the first turbo start to boost at 1000-1300 rpm and second start at 3500 rpm.
Alex have you ever had the standard 7mge? I cant get more than 5.5km/l driving nicely and I have had gotech and for the last 3 years a Dictator. There is no difference in fuel consumption. I cant beleive the 7mgte could be better on fuel. How do you find the 2 jzte offroad and how did you fit that engine in, it looks much bigger than the 7m and also where did you get the management system?
PERS KERS
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by PERS KERS »

Alex have you ever had the standard 7mge? I cant get more than 5.5km/l

No ,I never had a 7MGE in my bakkie but, I did one for a friend but he is also 5-6km/l. The 2 JZGTE is a nice fit,I used std ecu to beable to run the sequental turbo's, the second turbo is close to the body, 4x4 is awesome, I do a lot 4x4 playing and overlanding but all about your own taste. The motor has a lot low torque if I compare it to my 7MGTE, I did the bundu trail at Rust de Winter I not once used the first turbo, some of people will agree that is 4x4 trail of note. Regards Alex
Gunta

Post by Gunta »

Did you not have a problem with the turbo spooling and causing wheel spin in tricky situations. What would it cost to do the 2jz conversion?
conversion man
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: 911 Carreara MB CL 500 MB 500SEC MB 450 SLC CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE CONVERTABLE SFA HILEX JEEP 5.2 V8 FORD RANGER LEXUS

Post by conversion man »

Alex has enough enirtia { momentum} on his 2jz gte because he used the right size flywheel thats why his van is nice offroad .
Gunta

Post by Gunta »

What would that conversion cost?

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”