Toyota GLi6

Post questions, advice and pictures of Engine conversions here
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Re: Toyota GLi6

Post by ThysdJ »

Take the hilux axles and transfercase and stick them under the GLI6... then you have a luxury 4x4.. vir dorp toe ry.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Gary, do searches and read up on "7M conversions" ... pro's, cons, problems encountered and costs. It's been widely covered. :winkx:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
3RZ
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2004 Legend 35 Hilux 2.7 DC 4x4

Post by 3RZ »

The 2L Gli 6 motor has the honour of being one of, if not the worst engine ever made by Toyota.

Producing in the order of 72Kw with the fuel consumption of a 3L V6, I don't think it is worth the trouble and effort.

Rather just go and bang your head against a wall it is going to have the same effect it is just going to be a lot cheaper.
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

3RZ wrote:The 2L Gli 6 motor has the honour of being one of, if not the worst engine ever made by Toyota.

Producing in the order of 72Kw with the fuel consumption of a 3L V6, I don't think it is worth the trouble and effort.

Rather just go and bang your head against a wall it is going to have the same effect it is just going to be a lot cheaper.
This is exactly why i recommended putting the axles on the Cressida... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
kfxnando
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

just recently got a rubber duck!!

am still looking for an anker!!!! :lmao: :lmao:

could not resist!!! :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MORNE
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Isuzu E/cab 3.0 D-tec

Post by MORNE »

Predator wrote:My uncle has an old Toyota GLi6 auto, it is in good condition 70% but the motor is 100% a 1984 with 170,000 kilos, I want to buy it and take out the motor and fit to a shell of say an old shape Hilux with a shot motor, question is, is this viable, it will be used to work on a farm or two, not city stuff, or will the thought be worth to much trouble?

Maybe just sell it and buy a bakkie and do it up? but those cars are not much worth, maybe R9000 tops. The mechanics are excellent.
I will buy the Cressida for R7500.00. Just let me know if its auto or manual.Then you can buy a nice 4.0 v8 Lexus with the money.

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”