Post questions, advice and pictures of Engine conversions here
massada 4x4
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: kameelfontein pretoria
Vehicle: 1998 dc 4x4

ome suspension blades retension?

Post by massada 4x4 »

Middag manne. my dc sfa hilux projek is op dreuf. die hilux het ome suspension maar die voor vere het gaan le en die shocks is ook kapoet. Kan n mens ook die ome bladvere laat "retension"? of is dit n mors van rande
Battle to fight, Adventure to live, Beauty to rescue
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: ome suspension blades retension?

Post by OOOOMS »

Tetension.....mors van rande, maar bygese dit help vir vo paar maande. Dan is jy weer terug waar jy was....
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: ome suspension blades retension?

Post by Mud Dog »

Marius, when you say "ome" do you mean OME as in Old Man Emu? ... or OEM as in Original Equipment of Manufacturer?

I merely ask because this would be the first time ever that I hear of OME springs sagging to the point where "die voor vere het gaan le" .... (I had OME that were worked hard and only settled by about 10 to 15mm over a 15 year period).

Either way, it's a waste of time and money to have them "re-tensioned" .... doesn't work unless you follow the process and temperatures of the manufacturer to the letter. A better alternative would be to split the packs without mixing any components between left and right packs and to beat the individuals blades back into shape on a sand bed with a heavy hammer (or with a hydraulic press if you have access to one). This topic has been covered a few times .... do a search. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”