ChrisSwart
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Johanesburg
Vehicle: 1999 2700i Hi Lux

Spitronics engine management

Post by ChrisSwart »

Good day guys (and girls)

I just want to get a general idea about your oppinions of the Spitronics engine management systems for the Lexus and other conversions.

Who has experience of these systems?
What is your oppinion, and why?

I am very interested in what all of you have to say
Bulletjie-3
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux Raider SFA met 7M-GE engine

Re: Spitronics engine management

Post by Bulletjie-3 »

You can speak to Armando (tech manager) 012 3427119/294
Ou vale1
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Heidelberg
Vehicle: Hilux 2.5 D4D

Post by Ou vale1 »

Found it pretty complicated to set up, but once working had no problem with it. Sold the truck a while ago and it is still running tick-tock like a Westclock!
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

I've been involved in a few conversions where Spitronics EMU's were used. IHMO the ealier boxes were problematic, and the software setup felt complicated. The latest generation, Spitronics Titan, is a big step up on previous versions, really like the tuning GUI! If you planning a Lexus V8 conversion and want to go aftermarket EMU, then Spitronics is the way to go... it's like they've been purpose built for the Lexus engines!
robvan87
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 1987 Hilux, NudgeM Bar, ProComp 4" Lift, 33" Hankook Dynapro MT's

Post by robvan87 »

I have a Spitronics titan management in my Hilux with a 4Y Efi conversion, the setup on the 4Y was very easy! I would recommend you use the Spitronics system. It also comes with a Lexus kit complete with start up map, all you have to do after you wired it in is to put on a Dyno with a company that knows the system.... After that you are all set to go.
Liege
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Sandton
Vehicle: Hilux dbl cab, 2011 4.0 AT 4x4, Lifted suspension, BFG AT, Steeltop.

Post by Liege »

HI,

I have a spitronics system on my 95 SFA with 3RZ engine conversion. It is one of the old systems v1.14 to be exact. It is easy to tune and the user manual is very comprehensive. I have done a few tweaks myself.

Look on the spitronics website for Dynologic repairs, he did my dyno tune in January. He is running a Lexus V8 with spitronics system in his vehicle. He installs and tunes the system. (he is also a Total Fuel economy run winner etc etc)

Regards
JRV
Quintin
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Umhlanga
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 2 x Diff lock, 33" MT Tyre, Lexus V8, Winch, Bull Bar and Tow bar.

Post by Quintin »

I also run the Spitronics on my Lexus and it works well, I do have the older one installed and struggled to get my idle to run smooth then there was a flat spot from idle to about 1500 RPM so I took it in for a dyna and it came back no power so I played around with it myself and I now have 153 nm torque and 420 Hp on the wheels. I would like to go for the newer system as there is much more functions and it is easier to run.
Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D 4 D 4X4 A/T (4 play). Hilux DC 4x4, Lexus 4Lt V8, Mikhem suspension met 50mm lift, 50 mm body lift, Bilstein Shocks extra length, 33" tyre, 8 J rims, 2 x Lockers, Snorkel. (Blou Job) en dan n Peugeot 107 (Quickie).
Spyker 2
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Discovery 1

Post by Spyker 2 »

have 153 nm torque and 420 Hp on the wheels.
Mark Watson from Springs uses the Spitronics management system on all the Lexus conversions and he has no problem with it. You can contact him on 0827626547.
Are the fifures above not a misprint ?
Disco 1 met 3uz, Ironman susp., 50mm body lift, upgraded brakes, 255/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns, custom made front/rear bumpers.
merwn
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Kriel
Vehicle: 1995 Hilux 4x4 DC

Post by merwn »

Ek het April 2010 my 22R EFI met Spitronics engine management gedoen was een van die eerste 22R met Spitronics management
nog nie eendag probleme gehaat nie en vir my is (Spitronics engine management) baie eenvoudig en hulle after sale baie goed en baie behulp saam.Ek het 'n toyota corolla met 'n 1.6 supercharge engin in wat met MR turbo Managment loop dink sterk om hom te vervang met Spitronics

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”