Watter Lexus enjin is hierdie?

Post questions, advice and pictures of Engine conversions here
TJL
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Kliprivier
Vehicle: Previous Luxes:1998 Toyota Hilux SFA 2.8TD DC 4x4, 2 x 2.8D single cabs, 3.0 DE, 3.0 d4d x 3, 4.0 V6 Current : 2.8 GD6 4x4 D cab

Watter Lexus enjin is hierdie?

Post by TJL »

Hi Almal, ek is lekker confused met al die lexus enjin afkortings, en dit selfs na ek op die site rongesoek het :crazy: :crazy: :wth: al wat ek graag wil weet, watter enjin is in die foto hierby? is dit 'n goeie enjin? parte beskikbaar ens? min of meer watter model lexus kom hy uit? kw en torque? asseblief manne - baie dankie.

O ja, ek oorweeg om te upgrade vanaf die (3L) 2.8D huidiglik net oor een rede -krag - of die gebrek daaraan, betroubaarheid is egter uitstekend, ek gaan nie self die conversion doen nie, kyk daarna om ander lux te koop wat reeds gedoen is, en dan sal "Smokey" seker maar moet gaan :cry: :cry:
Attachments
lexus.jpg
Bushwacker
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vryheid Natal
Vehicle: 2003 HILEX, 35" maxxis. 2009 Prado 120 VX

Re: Watter Lexus enjin is hierdie?

Post by Bushwacker »

http://www.importjap.com/brands/toyota/ ... -1uz-fe-v8

Dis die 1uz-fe, Die jaar model sal jy op die plug drade sien :thumbup:
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

Dit lyk soos die middelste een, daar was drie generasies van die 4.0l, 165, 185 en 205 kw. Die 165 kw een het plat exhaust manifolds gehad en sy olie filter sit agter, daai lyk soos die 185 kw een, die 205 kw een het ronde injector rails en n groot cover oor die enjin.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

1995 Model, yes difference is cosmetic, but otherwise it's pretty difficult to tell the difference between the first 2 generations:

VVTi Model:
TJL
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Vehicle: Previous Luxes:1998 Toyota Hilux SFA 2.8TD DC 4x4, 2 x 2.8D single cabs, 3.0 DE, 3.0 d4d x 3, 4.0 V6 Current : 2.8 GD6 4x4 D cab

Post by TJL »

Thanks Guys - at least I have a starting point now, geeeee one feels overwhelmed by all these differences!! Without opening a can of worms - is this engine recommended (it has a manual gearbox)??
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

The Lexus V8 is legendary! Note though that you'll have to drive it very sedately if that manual box it going to last... lately I've heard of a few Lexus V8 owners who have opted for the auto-box after destroying a few manual transmissions!

Personally I'd go for the auto-box setup!
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

I would never use an auto box for off-road ..... personal preference. If that Lexus comes with a manual box, then surely it's designed to handle the motor's torque. If I were to do a Lexus conversion, I would look for a front-cut with manual box. ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
TJL
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by TJL »

I am not sure if it is a lexus box, or just adapted std SFA box, i guess that would make a difference, I have only seen pics of the lux, will hopefully visit today and then try to make out, tx again for the help :thumbup:
Hiluxfan_111
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Muscat and Midrand
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4

Post by Hiluxfan_111 »

Unfortunately no vehicle anywhere in the world, fitted with the 1 UZ motor, had a manual gearbox.
A lot of people use the W and G series boxes with success. You have to adapt your driving style though for the box to last.
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

Hiluxfan_111 wrote:Unfortunately no vehicle anywhere in the world, fitted with the 1 UZ motor, had a manual gearbox.
A lot of people use the W and G series boxes with success. You have to adapt your driving style though for the box to last.
:thumbup:

You can use a R series box (KZTE/ Surf) they do last
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Mud Dog wrote:I would never use an auto box for off-road ..... personal preference.
That was my take on auto-boxes as well, until I took my V6 to the dunes. You can manually select 1,2,3 in low/high range, and then the transmission will only gear up if you are about to over rev the engine! I believe that if you use a tuneable gearbox controller, like the Spitronics or Dicktator ones, you will be able to set it to act just like manual in 1,2,3.

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”