cprinsloo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 1998 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X52

Re: 2007 hilux for 1uz vvt

Post by cprinsloo »

Demon wrote:Take it easy cussie as I only use standard Lexus V8 ECM. I only bring in my power packs which are from a large company in the US. You won’t be the first as that was held for a mates super charged 8 on his colt running a 6 speed getrag. Go into my site as the banner is flying now on 4 x 4 and see what Im up to these days.
Really don’t want things to go the way it did 3 years ago when it was STD vs AFM and guys were leaving the site because of it. I will admit that I was also very much a part of throwing the first rocks around on here and not going there again. You like what Im doing than cool. You want aftermarket than cool.
Flying a banner on this site also runs a lot deeper than just sales for me.
I will open a topic in the commercial adds and keep it short with regards to any info you guys need on the system. Im at the end under V8 Solid. Thanks gents.
Hi Derrick,

Thanks for the info.

I had a quick look at the website, now I understand what you mean by "power pack" (It's a fuse and relay box designed for the Lexus engines).

Some suggestions: maybe you should go through the spelling (and grammar) on the site. If I see a lot of spelling mistakes I wonder about detail (it's "does" not "dose").
from the website wrote:
What are the amp ratings on my fuse box?

The amp load rating on this unit is max 200 amps. Under full constant load, it will be between 70% /80 % of that 200 amps.

Tested by the engineers of Cooper bussmann.
So the box can handle 200 Amps? And under constant, full load it's handling 140 - 160 Amps? Geez, where on earth (or on the engine) is all that power consumed? Is the Lexus V8's totally different from any other EFi system?

Seems like a good product.

Good luck,

Cheers,

C

(B.t.w. who's cussie?)
1998 Hilux D/C Lexus VVTi
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: JHB
Vehicle: Hilux 3UZ vvt-i. Disco 3 V8 4.4 L. G Wagon 3UZ vvt-i . Polo 2.0 converted...Volvo S40 2.0

Post by Demon »

Thanks for the reply.

Not here to start a fight and you are welcome to go into the commercial adds and get some data from there.

Thanks and all the best
Last edited by Demon on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V8 SOLID
cprinsloo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by cprinsloo »

Demon wrote:Thank you for the reply.

Never said that the draw on the Lexus V8 was 170 amp now did I.
Never said that you said it now did I. It's stated on the website, and it's misleading.
Demon wrote: If you like I can send you the data sheets on the power pack from Cooper Bussmann USA and you can get a better idea on what Im saying. Testing preformed on power pack Buss1867-0S2LR-X0 for the Lexus V8 by Cooper bussmann USA engineers.
Why don't you just sommer post the aim, method, results etc. on the website then eveybody will be on board (not just me and you)?
Demon wrote: Go back and read the other parts of this thread and you might get a better idea on the cussie line.
That's where the original question originated from (from reading the previous posts).

Cheers,

C
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Vehicle: Hilux 3UZ vvt-i. Disco 3 V8 4.4 L. G Wagon 3UZ vvt-i . Polo 2.0 converted...Volvo S40 2.0

Post by Demon »

Not to say that the Lexus will draw that load but better to be over than under.

Relax as you seem so worked up about this.

I will post in the commercial adds as this is killing this guys thread
V8 SOLID
cprinsloo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by cprinsloo »

Demon wrote:Not to say that the Lexus will draw that load but better to be over than under.
Whatever.
Demon wrote: Relax as you seem so worked up about this.
Yaaawwwnnn....
Demon wrote: I will post in the commercial adds as this is killing this guys thread

Whatever.
Last edited by cprinsloo on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Take the time and read thru the site. If you see I state that under full load ( im not saying thats what the Lexus is drawing now am I ???) It has been put thru tests to make sure that the unit can draw those amps if needs be and still have safety.

Like I say let's not get into any stupid fights over this stuff but if you go on than you will be hearing back from me very soon.

And for the last time the info will be in commercial adds.
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

It's that "whatever" that get guys into trouble when it comes to their conversions
V8 SOLID
mark watson
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: gauteng
Vehicle: hilux

Post by mark watson »

lets take a step back derrick , did send you a pm as ive got some questions , i agree nobody wants to get into the oem debate but everybody to themselves ,
im busy with my h100 at the moment and fitting a 1uz with twin turbo but going to fit the 5 speed auto so ill be using the system from spits but we still have some issues to sort out with relation to selecting 5 to 4 and 2 to 1 as this is electronic not manual , but that said did send a pm .
cprinsloo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by cprinsloo »

Demon wrote:Take the time and read thru the site. If you see I state that under full load ( im not saying thats what the Lexus is drawing now am I ???) It has been put thru tests to make sure that the unit can draw those amps if needs be and still have safety.
Still misleading on the site, it seems as if normal load will be 140 - 160 amps.
Demon wrote: Like I say let's not get into any stupid fights over this stuff but if you go on than you will be hearing back from me very soon.

Already looking forward from hearing back from you (very soon).
Demon wrote: And for the last time the info will be in commercial adds.
Kwaai!!
cprinsloo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by cprinsloo »

Demon wrote:It's that "whatever" that get guys into trouble when it comes to their conversions
You are entiteld to your opinion.
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Are you running that thru a tipronic setup on the shifter ? What boost you going on this UZ ?
Last edited by Demon on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Chris
How do you find this constructive ? The guys trying to work thru conversions and here we fighting.
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Would say that the STD computer will not be a option with regards to just gearbox control. I would not take that chance.

You would know better with regards to getting the spittronics to run your box than I would.

I guess one would have to really make sure that there are not two gears engaging at the same time
V8 SOLID
cprinsloo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by cprinsloo »

Demon wrote:Chris
How do you find this constructive ?
I don't.
Demon wrote: The guys trying to work thru conversions and here we fighting.
Are you claiming to be the innocent party now? I ask you a valid question and you get all condescending and threatening? I really doesn't appreciate that.

By your own admission you were part of the problem a few years ago, but you still thrash other people's preferences and opinions. I suggest you take your own advice and relax a bit.
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

There we go Chris I changed the wording on my site with regards to the amp confusion.
V8 SOLID
mark watson
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by mark watson »

had a look , looks good ( yip as mentioned get somebody in there with a spellcheck )
the bussman products are good and ive used them for the last 25 years , but here are a few issues that you have mentioned.

1: the fuel pump is controlled via the ecu ( yip on the original the pump only runs when you start cranking. and with the vvt you at times have to give it a few goes before it will fire up as you dont have any pressure in the fuel rails as you have to use an external regulator )
on the spitronics system i can program the amount of time the fuel pump must prime when switching on the ignition before cranking it to give it time to prime and the pump will switch of if it does not see the crankshaft sensor pulse , ( stalled or accident etc ) , but at the same time it kills the power to the coils and the injectors which to me is a better option , on the original ecu the injectors and ignitors are still fed from the efi relay which when you switch your ignition on is live.
2: the vvt does function well with the original ecu but we have taken the parameters from the original and used the same in the spitronics albeit we fine tune it due to different diff ratios and also as to what vehicle it is in .
3: the variable inlet tract length solenoid does work on the spitronics

my one bugbear on the original harness is the coils on the vvti are all fed from the same fuse , what we do is split the motor into left and right and supply each set of 4 coils with a dedicated fuse and we do the same for the injectors ( even had a faulty fuse , was blown but was put back in the linbin but i did not check ) but the motor still fired up and i pulled the fuse on the same set of injectors and drove the vehicle back home on four cylinders , with the original ecu you dont have a chance .
even had a customer that put his battery back the wrong way and he was stuck in lesotho , all it damaged besides fuses ( ok radio etc was stuffed ) was blow the output chip on the spitronics , to get him going was easy as bridging the 3 bosch relays that where fitted ( 2 for ecu , which in turn feeds the system and fuel pump and 1 for the radiator fan ) yes not the safest way but at least he got back to joburg and it cost 600 bucks to have repaired while he waited 45 minutes , that is not going to happen with a original ecu.
granted the cruise control does not work but any aftermarket system can be added and you do get very good ones ( conlog etc )
now you also have the issue with the speed limiter , now as i said before the optional extras at the end is what gets me going , fuel pump resistor etc.
as for belts and parts etc , yip that is now coming back to the old one , costs 10 but now you need to buy a b c and this is where the price rockets.
as for people that think you must put a denso fuel pump in think again do you think toyota use them in their race cars no , more like walbro , holley or bosch.
my personal choice is the walbro , proven world wide.

but nice layout on the site and all the best , make a go of it
mark watson
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by mark watson »

the turbos are from the 2j vvt motor , yip not the biggest but ive got the older 10.1 - 1 comp motor that had a middle sump on and they do have the better conrods of the lot - vvt included , but will only boost about 0.35 - 0.4 bar as it will be more than enough and they will spool up quick ( hoping for about 1800 rpm ), they will more than likely run out of breath at about 5500rpm but with that oomph why push it further crikey its a h100 , as for the box ill just run it in normal pattern as per the new hex file that spits have done for the 5 speed and then ill play with it from there ( maybe start making a new shifter that will accommodate it )
remember with an auto it works with solenoids so its not like a manual when if something goes wrong it could jam in 2 gears at the same time ( had it years back with a t5 and a 302 that broke a shifter linkage but that was fun )
with the auto ( 4 speed ) solenoid 1 on = 1st gear , solenoid 1 and 2 on = 2nd gear , solenoid 2 on = 3rd gear , both solenoids off = overdrive , that is what is nice about the spitronics is that if some thing does go wrong - unplug the computer and shift manually , on ly thing is you only have 1st , 2nd and overdrive. but you can at least get home.
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Thanks for the reply Mark.

Like I say you would know better on the spittronics layout than I would. With regards to the fuel pump Iv never had a problem on start up because of it and will only use the denso pump, don't see point in putting a walbro 400 LPH pump in.

Like we can all agree that each to our own and keep up the good work :thumbup:
V8 SOLID
mark watson
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by mark watson »

maybe on naas's bakkie it might have been the non return/damper valves , but the 255 pumps work well , but did read your bakkies writeup , very neat , did a tata telcoline about 2 years back with the 1j vvt and it went well , always had a good laugh when giving a few of the youngsers a hiding with an old telcoline but it was a handfull on the road , will post some pics of the h100 when done.
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Must say that this boy is still going strong. Had some turbo and gearbox crap but all well :thumbup:
V8 SOLID
mark watson
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by mark watson »

on the 1hdt i just fit new centre cores on the ct 26 , tried having them rebuilt but just gave up as they did not last , what happened with the box
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Finding parts on the ct 15 was just crazy. Your ct 12s will be better. Man Im not sure I just got another box in from Paul and replaced. Think it was the TC
V8 SOLID
mark watson
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by mark watson »

if you want i have a couple of 2j boxes ( 5 speed ) they can handle more than the 1j and with torque convertors , direct bolt in no mods , yip paul is a good guy just got a 3uz and another 1gz v12 from him this week.
the ct12's i pick up for between 600 - 800 bucks for the pair and in the hyundai you stand next to the van and you basically stare at them so to replace is nothing.
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Thanks I can get boxes from Mr outlaw. Ya Paul is cool. I see he had a fliping new 3UZ there
V8 SOLID
mark watson
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by mark watson »

yip if im not mistaken it was my one.
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Yip he told me it was going to Springs
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

What you sending that 12 into ?
V8 SOLID
mark watson
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by mark watson »

well dont know the customer has a neat 80 series cruiser but also a 105 series so he still has not made his mind up.
at paul if you see the motor is wrapped and has mark written on it its booked for me , he even phoned me for the 12 before it was even crated as ive told him ill take as many as he can get , it was taken on the cruiser club within 1 hour ( not just the motor but the conversion )
busy with 3 3uz at the mo , 1 into a disco 1 , 1 into a 80 series that came from namibia , and 1 going into a 62 body on a 80 vx chassis hybrid for a customer in pe.
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Sounds good. What box you running with the 3UZ ?
V8 SOLID
mark watson
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker

Post by mark watson »

disco 1uz 4 speed ( never had a problem with the 4 speed as we have got them set so sweet , takes me about 5ks on the road and they are done and all the guys are happy ) , 80 and the hybrid will use the cruiser auto box as they are more than up to it , a few mods ( adaptor , new flexplate - semi flywheel very thin to pick up the torque convertor )
but the hybrid sits about 6 inches higher than a standard 60 but now has the luxury of coil suspension and full floating diffs with front /rear and centre locks so should go anywhere .
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Demon wrote:Oh and by the way this site was done by me in 48 hours because certech is still busy with my main site.Do you really want to go on with this as I can pull you around this forum like a rag doll. Now push off.
No you won't :!: :!:

You can do on your site as you please but on this forum, you are just a member like everyone else. Being a commercial member only gives you permission to place ads in your section nothing more.
To God be the glory
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

OK, I had already deleted the offending messages before I noticed Cassie's reply.

Please heed his words or your posts will be deleted.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Sorry guys. I do understand that Im just a commercial member and nothing more. Like I kept on saying to Chris I dont want to fight.

Better to talk about what guys are building. :angel:
V8 SOLID
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Howzit gents.

Had gap to go thru my site and do some work on it. Go back in and post up if you see any needed touch ups.

Iv posted up in commercial adds :D:
V8 SOLID
TheoM
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: UZJ 42 LX

Post by TheoM »

So basically your "system" just ensures that the fuses and relays are kept in a safe place while the OEM ECU is retained ? Or have I missed something ? Your system solves none of the usual problems encountered when fitting a 1UZ VVTi to and older type vehicle equipped with a manual gearbox and no ABS, no speed sensors, no electronic dash + gauges etc etc ?
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD

Post by Demon »

Yip you right it's setup to have all the management power supply located in one place. It's made to run the engine bud, up to you with regards to inductive pick ups for your speedo and what colour you want to cover your seats in.
V8 SOLID
TheoM
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: UZJ 42 LX

Post by TheoM »

Ok thanks - your "system" will then not benefit my setup at all, as all my fuses, relays and 2x ECUs are already safely tucked away inside my glovebox.

Oh and my seats are already covered in pewter leather also

:mrgreen:
Gunta
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 1996 80 series Land Cruiser VX 4500 EFI UK Import. Long range tank, Iron man suspension, ARB Bullbar, Front and rear diff locks, 33" BFG muds, Snorkel and attitude.

Post by Gunta »

Nice looking glove box :cooldude:
Worry about the things you can do something about, If you can't don't worry.
Live life to the fullest with no regrets.

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”