Toyota dyna 2.4 turbo conversion

Post questions, advice and pictures of Engine conversions here
Reds
Town: Pietermaritzburg
Vehicle: 1998 2.4 Hilux D/C 4x4

Toyota dyna 2.4 turbo conversion

Post by Reds »

Hi guys, I need some suggestions. I have always been a petrol head, starting with scramblers as a kid, moving onto an 1800 sport conquest and 05 hilux as a student and finally getting my "dream car" 06 hilux raider v6 4x4 d/c. Sadly, I've now parted with her. I now run a 2.5d4d s/c 4x4 and a r22 hilux d/c 4x4.
So now for my question, I've wanted to convert the sfa's r22 to a lexusv8 but now considering the 2.4 turbo used in the Toyota dyna. Never heard of that conversion but would maybe work well seeing my d/c is kept busy daily as my refueling bakkie.
Hope you guys can help steer me in the right direction
Thanks alot
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Re: Toyota dyna 2.4 turbo conversion

Post by Thabogrobler »

Nah, I've got a 'Lux with the 2L-T motor and it is dog slow and a tad low on power - and no-one said economical.

But, do you think about the 2L-T or a newer generation 2.4?

I would rather consider the 2.5 Ford(WL) engine. Search the forum, a few has been done or in progress.
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Reds
Town: Pietermaritzburg
Vehicle: 1998 2.4 Hilux D/C 4x4

Post by Reds »

I need to confirm regarding which particular motor. Since chatting to the guy who will do the conversion, I've researched the different motors available, non seem to have great power, well, nothing like the Lexus at least. I will check out that ford motor.
The 2.4 conversion is half the price of the Lexus though, so it's about weighing up the Costs. I could put that extra rand into suspension upgrade and roll over frame.
Does your engine run around 11 to 12 per 100 or a bit heavier, my buddy says it will be close to what the Lexus runs out at
mark watson
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: gauteng
Vehicle: hilux

Post by mark watson »

i have a 5 cyl version of the 1hz 4.2l cruiser motor called the 1pz , just strap a turbo to it and it will run well and short enough to fit the hilux , even has the bellhousing on to take the gearbox

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”