Post questions, advice and pictures of Engine conversions here
pampoen
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Gordons Bay
Vehicle: 2011 Hilux DC 3.0 D4D

Cressida motor engine mounts

Post by pampoen »

Right so ive basically got myself a cressida motor,i need to know what to do to make it fit the old bakkie it came out of had its engine mounts lowered im wondering y?does anyone know :wave: :problem:
With each replacement of parts, a car slowly becomes Chinese.
Dadz Toy BFI

Re: Cressida motor engine mounts

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Luke

Oom Bennie used the standard 4Y Mounts and just "tweaked them" using a 4lbs hammer nê :shock:
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Re: Cressida motor engine mounts

Post by BenHur »

Yes but mine is not a Cressida but rather a Supra moter. Check the side of the block there should be more then one place where the engine mounting bolts on. What I have seen in one of the US forums was that a guy using a Cressida engine had to get himself a Supra sump oil pump/pickup and mounting bracket to make the Cressida motor fit his 4Runner, I am not sure if that is also the case with the SFA Lux.

What I would suggest is to lower the motor inplace get the GB and engine connected while the engine is still suspended and then lift/lower the engine to the height you want it. Fist check that the sump will clear the fron axle even under articulation and if that is sorted then check your mounting's alignment. I would not modify the mountying brackets on the chassis but rather the brackets on the engine. Fit a origional 4Y mounting and see if you can line up the existing mounting brackets with the holes on the block. Mine needed a little gentle persuasion with a 10 pound hammer but alternatively you should be able to make new ones from mild steel.

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”