MITCH

Tell us a bit more about your Hilux (or other 4x4) and show off with some pictures.
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: BLOEMFONTEIN
Vehicle: 2200 4X4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X 59

MITCH

Post by COREFLY »

TESTING
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: MITCH

Post by Mud Dog »

Welcome to the forum, Mitch! :thumbup:
I hope you enjoy it here to do a lot more 'testing' in the "Test Forum" under Admin on the index page. Specifically with the upoload of pics so that you can show us your ride! :D: :wink: Any problems, just ask, everyone will be keen to help! Have fun! :D:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

Thanks just cant get anything posted.Been trying everyday resizing photos but times out every time,funny to see my posts going through,see some off the other guys als struggeling with vodacom 3G. Will figure it out!!

001.jpg
020.jpg
022.jpg
029.jpg
Last edited by Mud Dog on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Uploaded Mitch's pics
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

If you like you can e-mail them to me and I will include them on your post for you for now?

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

I'll be grateful, post ur e-mail.
Last edited by Mud Dog on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Upper case is akin to shouting
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Nice Bakkie, Mitch! :thumbup:

CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

Welcome Mitch.... Hope you enjou it here! Nice looking bakkie :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
To God be the glory
Suidwes1
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Landrover 110 Defender met baie ekstras ( jammer ouens )

Post by Suidwes1 »

Welcome Mitch, nice bakkie!!!!
OUD Suidwester !!!
Province

My 4 x 4
Lets Play !
168 Commisioner street
Krugersdorp

S 26 05.897 E 27 45.627
my4x4shop@gmail.com
www.my4x4shop.co.za ( aktief )
+27116609687
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Nice looking van :thumbup:

Good to see some Vrystaat guys on the forum, hope you enjoy :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Bloues
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Hilux 2.2 D/C

Post by Bloues »

Welcome to forum !!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just one rule - WE DO NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT RUGBY !!!!!! :silent:
Bloues
(Nie blou bul maar SHARKS ondersteuner)
Don't fence me in.....
'91 D/Cab 2.2(4y) AKA - Bloues. Lifted Suspension, Dual Battery, 80Liter Freezer, Bridgestone Dueler A/T, 29Mhz Radio, Mud Creeper Winch(Aus), EasyAwn Rooftop Tent, Roofrack, Garmin Nuvi, Long Range Fuel Tank, Jacks+straps for landi recovery.....
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

Howzit guys i struggle more to upload photos than i struggled to pull my boat down to the Transkei,and believe me the pass at Ladygrey with standard 2200 was not funny,so when i get it sorted one day i will show some pics,what advice do you guys have on giving the 2200 some power,with keeping the original engin in???(Im going on honeymoon to Kosi Bay and would like to come back married im already pushing it by packing my flyrods in!!
jvt172
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: Hilux 3.0d4d 4x4

Post by jvt172 »

nice
DOELLOOS

Post by DOELLOOS »

Is daai bakkie "FOR SALE"?

:thumbup:
swartvark
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Gordons Bay
Vehicle: SFA HiLEX V8; Suzuki GSF1200s Bandit

Post by swartvark »

Howzit Mitch

Nice ride :thumbup:

We all have the same problem with my 2.2.......no power!!! I'm thinking of sticking a 3.0 Cressida motor under the bonnet, rather than getting a couple of Kw's by doing work to the 2.2. :D
MUD........GLORIOUS MUD!!!!!

Your friendly VW salesperson......(with a passion for SFA Hiluxes)

NEED A CAR?
talk2tiaan@gmail.com
Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Post by Scorpion »

Vely, vely nice! :thumbup:
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)
Kaspaas
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Wellington
Vehicle: 1998 Land Cruiser 105series GX

Post by Kaspaas »

Wat n mooi voorbeeld, van n Hilux in prime kondisie!! :clap:
1998 Toyota land Cruiser 105 series. 4.2 D

"I am human, I make mistakes, and that is okay, I have my own permission."
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

swartvark wrote:Howzit Mitch

Nice ride :thumbup:

We all have the same problem with my 2.2.......no power!!! I'm thinking of sticking a 3.0 Cressida motor under the bonnet, rather than getting a couple of Kw's by doing work to the 2.2. :D
I had the same thing in mind my problem is the reason for going for the 2.2 is for reliability,I use my hilux for fishing expeditions,the last thing i want to do in the middle off lesotho is to swing a spanner so yes to many mods are out for me
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

DOELLOOS wrote:Is daai bakkie "FOR SALE"?

No sorry,im looking for a single cab aswell,just cant find any in the same condition
Marty
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2002 face lift KZ-TE DC. Mod’s / dual batter - kinda ;) / Active suspension / Intercooler / free flow / ECU Chip / sports flow air filter

Post by Marty »

DOELLOOS wrote:Is daai bakkie "FOR SALE"?

it's the right color.. with you around.. I recon in less than a week we will have a new V8 :lol:
One Africa, One Hilux needed :)
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

COREFLY wrote:Howzit guys i struggle more to upload photos than i struggled to pull my boat down to the Transkei,and believe me the pass at Ladygrey with standard 2200 was not funny,so when i get it sorted one day i will show some pics,what advice do you guys have on giving the 2200 some power,with keeping the original engin in???(Im going on honeymoon to Kosi Bay and would like to come back married im already pushing it by packing my flyrods in!!
Welcome Mitch,

Keep the 4Y and save your pennies for an Efi conversion - guaranteed to give you a 2nd Honeymoon ;-)

Tiaan - before you blow some bucks come thru to Slaapies and take one our Efi's for a spin bru :wink:
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

Dadz Toy BFI wrote:
COREFLY wrote:Howzit guys i struggle more to upload photos than i struggled to pull my boat down to the Transkei,and believe me the pass at Ladygrey with standard 2200 was not funny,so when i get it sorted one day i will show some pics,what advice do you guys have on giving the 2200 some power,with keeping the original engin in???(Im going on honeymoon to Kosi Bay and would like to come back married im already pushing it by packing my flyrods in!!
Welcome Mitch,

Keep the 4Y and save your pennies for an Efi conversion - guaranteed to give you a 2nd Honeymoon ;-)

Tiaan - before you blow some bucks come thru to Slaapies and take one our Efi's for a spin bru :wink:
What would that conversion cost
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

COREFLY wrote:
Dadz Toy BFI wrote:
Welcome Mitch,

All in +/- R12K, you can start buying parts now then you don't feel the pain in one shot, ie. you could buy Jaco's Inyathi Efi Chamber for R750 this month, then something else the next and so on....

Only big outlay is when you install - need to pay an Auto Electrician labour of approx R3K for the wiring, otherwise the mechanical stuff you can do yourself eezi peezi :idea:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

If you get the Bennie converted dissi... then the wiring is eezi peezi as well!

mr b
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Tsumeb
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux2.2 ---1987 Hilux D/C Hella 1000, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Good Year M/TR, Warn Winch, STK bullbar, Extended shacles, Kenwood VHF-SOLD

Post by Hi-Hilux »

Lyk baie mooi!
Is gebed jou spaarwiel of jou stuurwiel?
'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it ONCE'
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

Dadz Toy BFI wrote:
COREFLY wrote:
Dadz Toy BFI wrote:
Welcome Mitch,

All in +/- R12K, you can start buying parts now then you don't feel the pain in one shot, ie. you could buy Jaco's Inyathi Efi Chamber for R750 this month, then something else the next and so on....

Only big outlay is when you install - need to pay an Auto Electrician labour of approx R3K for the wiring, otherwise the mechanical stuff you can do yourself eezi peezi :idea:
my buddy has a auto electrical company so i could save a bit on that,is it still worth the bucks.km/h/R
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

I think so try but try asking the other 4Y EFi owners, there's quite a few of us nou :wink:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

yes it's worth it! my whole setup is a bit more tweaked than most of the other guys... including EFi... my 4Y EFi lux gets 93kw on the dyno... on average the EFi'd 4Y is good for 78 to 83kw (i think,open to correction from chaps wearing neck braces)... a std carb fed 4Y is good for 65kw! Remember the EFi conversion is not just about power agains, it improves driveability a whole as well... no more 1st-2nd stage carb stutters... on consumption... my lux is raises, running 33inch MT tyres... I get 8km/l on the open road... in town 6.5 to 7 depending on the mood of my right foot!

There are dyno charts loaded on the forum... so you can see the results for yourself!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3044

mr b
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

RustyRod wrote:yes it's worth it! my whole setup is a bit more tweaked than most of the other guys... including EFi... my 4Y EFi lux gets 93kw on the dyno... on average the EFi'd 4Y is good for 78 to 83kw (i think,open to correction from chaps wearing neck braces)... a std carb fed 4Y is good for 65kw! Remember the EFi conversion is not just about power agains, it improves driveability a whole as well... no more 1st-2nd stage carb stutters... on consumption... my lux is raises, running 33inch MT tyres... I get 8km/l on the open road... in town 6.5 to 7 depending on the mood of my right foot!

There are dyno charts loaded on the forum... so you can see the results for yourself!

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3044

mr b
What make EFI have you got in
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

We have genuine Toyota manifolds and chambers which come in on Imported 3Y's and are more often than not discarded in favour of carbs for the taxi ouens.

The management is by Dicktator ECU

BenHur produces fantastic ex Toy Dizzy's (Electronic Distributors)

The VW/Audi Idle Control Valve is favourable.

Beauty is that there's no chopping required or risk of over heating, you retain the die hard reliability of the 4Y :thumbup:
Wild Style
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Kuilsriver - CT
Vehicle: Hilux 2200 SFA 4x4

Post by Wild Style »

Gents, this sounds very interesting. I'm not technically inclined. Who in Cape Town would be able to advise, explain or help me to EFI my 4Y. Thanks
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

Wild Style wrote:Gents, this sounds very interesting. I'm not technically inclined. Who in Cape Town would be able to advise, explain or help me to EFI my 4Y. Thanks
Mr B - that's out your way nê :?:

Havel - try taking one for a spin 1st then you're 100% in the know :wink:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Havel, you welcome to contact me... and discuss further! I'll drop you a PM
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

see nice okes them Efi owners nê ;-)

Havel here's an appetiser for you:

viewtopic.php?t=3775

;-)
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

Dadz Toy BFI wrote:We have genuine Toyota manifolds and chambers which come in on Imported 3Y's and are more often than not discarded in favour of carbs for the taxi ouens.

The management is by Dicktator ECU

BenHur produces fantastic ex Toy Dizzy's (Electronic Distributors)

The VW/Audi Idle Control Valve is favourable.

Beauty is that there's no chopping required or risk of over heating, you retain the die hard reliability of the 4Y :thumbup:
Tried looking for the intake manifold in bloemfontein today,and the guys cant really help me,are these items that you mentioned above exactly what i need im not very clued up with EFI at all so im gonna shop around some more,seen thou the EFI guys are so nice can i give you a call to get more datails thanks
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Mitch I sent you a PM... give me a call!
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

RustyRod wrote:Mitch I sent you a PM... give me a call!
Sorry did not get that pm
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Ok sent u another... wonder who got the last one??
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

Bretton-Thanks will give you a call in the morning.Did you have to lift ur vech to fit the 33 khumos,i have 31 and if hit a downhill and turn my tyres touch the wheel arch,after fitting the Ironmans which is supposed to give a 40mm lift, it could be my leafsprings because they currently bending the wrong way,i still want to reset them but in a bit of a catch 22, i have reset my rear leaf springs with a extra blade an in a normal standing possition my lux is still higher in front than at the back, just scared that by reseting my springs infront that it would be higher than at the back,and thats without my canopy and draw system ????
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

I've got OME susp fitted, with extended shackles and the front axle's been moved forward a bit... I still get a bit of rubbing at full articulation, so I've still got some minor tweaks to do!
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

Just bought a 3Ye intake manifold with fuelrail & injectors complete for R200 smackers what a bargain
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

COREFLY wrote:Just bought a 3Ye intake manifold with fuelrail & injectors complete for R200 smackers what a bargain
Who did you have to kill!!?

COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

Mud Dog wrote:
COREFLY wrote:Just bought a 3Ye intake manifold with fuelrail & injectors complete for R200 smackers what a bargain
In bloemfontein that intake with all its goodies gets chucked in a srap bin,they reakon its useless cause the taxi oaks dont want them,so there are a few available,the one i got is brand new,well it looks new.
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

if i could upload photos.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Mitch... download IrfanView... install it and give me a call... I'll get you started...
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Mitch... can you buy me one of these:
hero_collage2.jpg
Dankie!
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

I GOT IT
FORUM.jpg
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

COREFLY wrote:
Mud Dog wrote:
In bloemfontein that intake with all its goodies gets chucked in a srap bin,they reakon its useless cause the taxi oaks dont want them,so there are a few available,the one i got is brand new,well it looks new.
Could you get another "new one" at that price, also complete with fuel rail and injectors for me?

Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

You're a Legend Bru :clap: :clap:

Go buy more, ask for discount for quantity :idea:

R :wink:
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

This is what i got for R200
FUEL.jpg
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

Mud Dog wrote:
COREFLY wrote:
Mud Dog wrote:
Could you get another "new one" at that price, also complete with fuel rail and injectors for me?
I will see the guy in the morning to see how many i can get,he says he has more at other branches will let you guys know tommorow
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

COREFLY wrote:This is what i got for R200
FUEL.jpg
Yep that's all you need, well done man :clap: :clap:

Chase them up, you'll not battle to sell everything you can get your hands on dude :!: :!: :mrgreen:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Mud Dog wrote:
COREFLY wrote:
Mud Dog wrote:
ahah andy... I told mitch earlier... you'll be first line for the efi parts! It's about time!
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

Where can i get a list of all the other things i will need, and maybe a step by step of instilation,been browsing the forum cant get to find anything,any help will be greatfull
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Britney wrote: ahah andy... I told mitch earlier... you'll be first line for the efi parts! It's about time!
Ja, been looking at it for a while now .... still not sure that I will EFI the old motor ....was also considering a 3RZ conversion. My fuel economy is pretty good for a 4y (carb), and I guess it's got a lot to do with driving style, so I'm hoping to keep it economical and even improve it while at the same time having just that little extra 'legs' available if needed. The 4Yi stands a better chance of achieveing this than the 2.7i I think. Anyway, if Mitch can organise those parts at that price, it's not the end of the world if I never use it. :think:

Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

COREFLY wrote:Where can i get a list of all the other things i will need, and maybe a step by step of instilation,been browsing the forum cant get to find anything,any help will be greatfull
We'll see you right Mitch, moenie wori ou pal :wink:

Next steps:

1). persuade young Bennie (BenHur) to build you a Dizzi, your welcome to the one I ordered as a spare if it's available - my Optical Dizzy is working puuuurfectly nou. :mrgreen:

2). You can buy the ECU from Dicktator, Dicktator STD: comes complete with wiring loom and installation diagram.

3). I don't know what sort of exhaust manifold you presently have but a Brospeed 4-2-1 is highly recommended.

4). You'll need a HP fuel pomp, mine is a Bosch spec'd for a BMW 320i, there's several types in use between the Efi boys.

Otherwise get yourself a good wire-brush attachment for your drill and give those Efi parts a good polish up.

We'll guide you with the Step-by-step installation when the time comes :wink:
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

ANDY;I got your intake for you send me a pm with your adress i will speed post it to you
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

Dadz Toy BFI wrote:
COREFLY wrote:Where can i get a list of all the other things i will need, and maybe a step by step of instilation,been browsing the forum cant get to find anything,any help will be greatfull
We'll see you right Mitch, moenie wori ou pal :wink:

Next steps:

1). persuade young Bennie (BenHur) to build you a Dizzi, your welcome to the one I ordered as a spare if it's available - my Optical Dizzy is working puuuurfectly nou. :mrgreen:

2). You can buy the ECU from Dicktator, Dicktator STD: comes complete with wiring loom and installation diagram.

3). I don't know what sort of exhaust manifold you presently have but a Brospeed 4-2-1 is highly recommended.

4). You'll need a HP fuel pomp, mine is a Bosch spec'd for a BMW 320i, there's several types in use between the Efi boys.

Otherwise get yourself a good wire-brush attachment for your drill and give those Efi parts a good polish up.

We'll guide you with the Step-by-step installation when the time comes :wink:
I was able to get the distibuter from the 3ye engin which Bretton said would work perfect just needs a mod,i have the bro speed exhaust manifold in so im good with that,what i want to know what pipes should be blanked off and what i will use and what happens with all my carbs pipes,what do i do with my current fuel pump?
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

COREFLY wrote: I was able to get the distibuter from the 3ye engin which Bretton said would work perfect just needs a mod,i have the bro speed exhaust manifold in so im good with that,what i want to know what pipes should be blanked off and what i will use and what happens with all my carbs pipes,what do i do with my current fuel pump?
The 3ye Dizzi with a little tweak will work lekker :thumbup:

You'll disgard all the Carb pipework, we blank off the hole once the mechanical pomp is removed and disgarded (see peekcha) :ugeek:
Attachments
P2066399-blanked off fuel pomp oriface.jpg
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

What's the latest young Mitch??

R ;-)
COREFLY
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by COREFLY »

Well busy getting everything together,bit busy this week,I started stripping and cleaning the intake,just have to close up all the holes than will not be used,i got all that info from Bretton,should have my DICTATOR by next week,want to sort out the icv,fuel pump,new plugs for injectors and pipes in the morning,gonna need some help with all the size pipes and their different lengths,just want to get everything perfect before i start,if you can help with that,i will apriciate it alot

Return to “Members' Vehicles”