2012 Hilux rumours

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
nematombo
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: harare
Vehicle: toyota vigo 3,0 d4d d/c 4x4 manual

2012 Hilux rumours

Post by nematombo »

So today my local dealer claims they got a tip on the next generation hilux is going to be powered by a 4,0 V6 :o: diesel in response to the V9X 170kw Navara :!: Now, i believe that it might be a six cylinder just not too sure about it being a 4,0 with the tight European gas emission legislation.

Anyone heard any rumours on what to expect?
D4D Turbine Technology
Traveler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Pathfinder 2.5 LE AT
Club VHF Licence: X81

Re: 2012 Hilux rumours

Post by Traveler »

Whatever they do it will be guided and directed by emission standards.

Even the large new Ford Ranger (good looking) will be powered by a smaller 2.2l and then of course the 3.0l is confirmed.

Know what you don't know.
ToyX4
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Ottosdal
Vehicle: Rocky's

Post by ToyX4 »

Actually the new Ford will have a 3.2 5 cyl TDCi motor, alongside the 2.2 TDCi
ImageImage
nematombo
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by nematombo »

That is true, i would doubt that the engine capacity would be anything beyond the current 3,0litre but its possible that we could see 6 cylinders. I am already feeling like my D4D is underpowered though i am sitting on 120kw. I pray they dont go the VW way...they came to the party a bit lat

Ford have confirmed new Ranger @ 142kw. From 118kw ya thats ok.
D4D Turbine Technology
Rooies
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Strand
Vehicle: 1994 2.4i (22RE) D/C Raider 4X4

Post by Rooies »

I am not an expert but I can tell you, i have worked for Toyota and there is no way they will get rid of the 3.0 D4D now or in a years time. We are still going to see it for a while, they will probably push up the power a bit like in the new Prado (400Nm) but thats about it.
ROOIES: 1994 2.4i (22RE) Raider D/C - 200 000kms - Brospeed Branch & Powerflow Exhaust
MIKEM Suspension & Gabriel Safari Shocks - "31 BF Goodrich AT - GOMAD Aluminium Canopy
Melvill & Moon Seat Covers - Safari Snorkel - Bushwakka Weekender Offroad Trailer

nematombo
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by nematombo »

That would break my heart! I now feel that 120kw is childs play Rooies. I am hoping on something just over 150kw to keep some of us happy. My mate has decided to buy the VW Amarok coz the twin turbo removes any lag. I am a die hard Toyota but the next D4D better blow my mind off.

I understand that they will stick to the same engine format like they did with the KZ-TE.
D4D Turbine Technology
Buffel
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Kathu
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C v6 4x4 VVTI & SFA D/C 4X4 Lexus

Post by Buffel »

nematombo wrote:That would break my heart! I now feel that 120kw is childs play Rooies. I am hoping on something just over 150kw to keep some of us happy. My mate has decided to buy the VW Amarok coz the twin turbo removes any lag. I am a die hard Toyota but the next D4D better blow my mind off.

I understand that they will stick to the same engine format like they did with the KZ-TE.
5 of the 23 Amaroks we used in the Spirit broke down I heared.
Attachments
2 gave problems when we drove them
2 gave problems when we drove them
http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/Busht ... sort=3&o=8http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/Busht ... sort=3&o=9Hilux v6 vvti 4.0 4x4 & SFA D/C Lockers front and rear v8 Lexus 35" BF Muds + Winch
Rebel 4x4
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Port Elizabeth
Vehicle: 2020 Toyota Fortuner GD-6 4x4 Auto

Post by Rebel 4x4 »

Buffel wrote:
nematombo wrote:That would break my heart! I now feel that 120kw is childs play Rooies. I am hoping on something just over 150kw to keep some of us happy. My mate has decided to buy the VW Amarok coz the twin turbo removes any lag. I am a die hard Toyota but the next D4D better blow my mind off.

5 of the 23 Amaroks we used in the Spirit broke down I heared.
PROPAGANDA....... Beleive me, I Know 80% of the happenings of the Amarok..... Lets say I know family in DEEP places......
Sent from my iPhone
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

So Thomas how many DID break down ?

Or should we rather ask: How many required minor attention, and how how many totally broke down ?

PS - It it absurd to believe that this new bakkie can compete without any teething problems. The more interesting part is WHAT went wrong ....
Buffel
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Kathu
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C v6 4x4 VVTI & SFA D/C 4X4 Lexus

Post by Buffel »

ChrisF wrote:So Thomas how many DID break down ?

Or should we rather ask: How many required minor attention, and how how many totally broke down ?

PS - It it absurd to believe that this new bakkie can compete without any teething problems. The more interesting part is WHAT went wrong ....
I know for a fact that when we drove one at the Spirit they had problems with two of them(driven by the same ou Kudu (winner of last years Spirit of Africa)aparently one of the plugs on the ecu unplugged causing the lights on the Dash to go panja,panja(hy werk,hy werk nie)therefore the Kodak moment pushing it out the way.We were group six ou of I think 20 or 25
http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/Busht ... sort=3&o=8http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/Busht ... sort=3&o=9Hilux v6 vvti 4.0 4x4 & SFA D/C Lockers front and rear v8 Lexus 35" BF Muds + Winch
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Post by ChrisF »

Thanks for the feedback.

A loose plug is hardly the end of the world, some new vehicles get delivered with much worse problems.

PS - I still dont like the Amakrok, but trying to keep an open mind. Still want to see how that rear end gets a suspension lift .....
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Yep, client was also on the Spirit and told me about some electronic niggles they had.

VW is an established brand I don't think they will put an inferior product on the market. Saying that, there might(and most likely will) be some teething problems.
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
nematombo
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by nematombo »

Without a doubt VW will have some teething issues coming their way regardless of the advertised 8 million km of testing they claim they had. We drivers drive cars differently from the tech guys and when u add your 18 year old who is half drunk after a party and trying to impress his galfriend u get the motor either up a tree or at the dealers!

The Hilux for all its worth will still be as good as the money you spend on it, and i believe that the next model will maintain that reputation of driving through anything. isnt that what we bakkie owners look for in a truck? that feeling that once i fill it up then the rest is jus accelerate and brake till i get there...no matter where i am goin. But i still want more power...thinking of unichip on my trust...good idea?
D4D Turbine Technology
Calbro2
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Alberton
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux

Post by Calbro2 »

Found this pic,where they claim this is what it would look like in 2012
Attachments
Toyota-Hilux2012.JPG
Hilux=Masjien
Wave
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Edenvale
Vehicle: Tuna 3.0 D4D 4x4

Post by Wave »

Thats a nice pic, hope the tail lights don't end up looking like the new Prado!

Also, after the legend 40 there is bound to be a new shape...
And if Toyota was to have a 3.0 (or 4.0) V6 D-4D they would drop it into the Prado

my 2c
'09 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D 4x4 (M)
'14 VW Polo 1.2 TSI H/L (Swambo's)
'10 Conqueror Comfort
Uys
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: 2008 D4-d Fortuner

Post by Uys »

Calbro2 wrote:Found this pic,where they claim this is what it would look like in 2012

Dis hoe hy huidiglik lyk, net met ander ligte en lelike mags op.
Wave
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Edenvale
Vehicle: Tuna 3.0 D4D 4x4

Post by Wave »

Keep in mind car manufacturers have been struggling to make decent money, so if they can give a big facelift and call it a new model they will, I did some research and the interior of this one is all new. I likes very much!
'09 Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D 4x4 (M)
'14 VW Polo 1.2 TSI H/L (Swambo's)
'10 Conqueror Comfort
nematombo
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by nematombo »

Ah Calbro thanks man you r a star! Yes if its even half as good luking as that picture i am going to start saving. What site is that?

@Wave have you realised that Toyota isnt concerned about the engine they put into the Prado? for a car that is pitted against the Disco 4 its engine is beyond under powered.
D4D Turbine Technology

Return to “Open Discussion”