Andries friend drives an Isuzu BUT

Of course there are people who only dream about driving a Hilux or Cruiser. They are welcome to show us their current vehicles here, ask questions or post some exciting new releases.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Andries friend drives an Isuzu BUT

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

I use the term but, because this Isuzu now has a Hilux solid front Axle fitted

I was unsure about posting this topic under the modifications section, thus thought it would be better here, it basically still is an Isuzu but with the Hilux front axle, thus what do we call it :roll:

I will be posting various photo's of this project on behalf of Andries, he will be able to explain how and what probelms he experienced while doing this mod to his friends vehicle. :)

Andries and his friend must surely have lots of time, but Andries told me that they worked mostly on the weekends on this vehicle.

Refitting the engine.

1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
SYRON CONVERSIONS
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

Some more pic's of the Isuzu Hilux

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Andries
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Dordrecht
Vehicle: '94 2.2 4Y Hilux S/C, '87 2.2 4Y Hilux D/C

Andries friend drives an isuzu BUT

Post by Andries »

My friend calls his isuzu a "Toyzu" after the conversion and is very happy with it.

The firts major problem we had was to find a Hilux diff with the same ratio as the Isuzu back diff.

Second problem was the angle between the diff and gearbox: the Isuzu gearbox is a lot shorter than a hilux gearbox.

Third and last problem: we had to cut the knuccles lose to turn the centre portion upwards and rewelded it. :lol:

Andries
Andries
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Dordrecht
Vehicle: '94 2.2 4Y Hilux S/C, '87 2.2 4Y Hilux D/C

Re: Andries friend drives an Isuzu BUT

Post by Andries »

Reason for conversion: Jean was sent by his wife to go and buy bread, but a snow covered Joubertspass, near Lady Grey, was to tempting to drive. He got stuck and phoned me for help. After he saw what a Hilux can do, he wanted a 4x4 very badly. The end result: the "Toyzu".

He is very happy with his bakkie and uses it a lot on the farm, because nothing can stop him now.

Return to “Other Vehicles”