Prado mechanic in JHB?

Discussion form for the Toyota Prado
Joburg1
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 98 Toyota Prado GX V6

Prado mechanic in JHB?

Post by Joburg1 »

Hi guys. I recently bought a 1998 Toyota Prado GX V6. This weekend I noticed a small leak in the extra fuel tank. It is clear that the area has been welded previously. I plugged the leak temporarily (extra tank was mostly empty anyway) but need to get it fixed properly. I'm new to Joburg and haven't yet found a reliable mechanic or auto shop in the area. Can anyone recommend someone please? I also need to give the car a service and would like to make some modifications. Someone reliable, good with Toyota's and won't rip me off. Preferably Joburg northern suburbs, but can also be elsewhere.

Thanks!
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: Prado mechanic in JHB?

Post by OOOOMS »

I had my tank repaired at Siverton radiators in Kdorp. But you will have to remove it and take it to them, quite easy if it is empty. They flush and welded it proberly for about RR350.00.
Joburg1
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: 98 Toyota Prado GX V6

Post by Joburg1 »

Thanks Oooms, problem with mine is that the connection is the bracket holding the tank to the body is the problem - so they would need to change that too.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Post by OOOOMS »

Joburg1 wrote:Thanks Oooms, problem with mine is that the connection is the bracket holding the tank to the body is the problem - so they would need to change that too.
He will make a bracket for you, no problem. he has built tanks for me.

Return to “Toyota Prado 4x4 Forum”