The Lift Mate

Your view on different camping gear, off-road trailers and nice non-electronic gadgets
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

The Lift Mate

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

Very useful item to use with your High Lift Jack

Yes some of you may say, what do I do if a want to remove the wheel if I lift it up using this item :?:

Well this lift mate can be used on vehicles that do not have special high lift jack points, what we do is just carry a few small blocks of wood, we lift the wheel and then place the blocks under the axle, then remove the wheel.

This item is very useful if your vehicle has a lot of flex with the suspension, you end up lifting the vehicle and not just the axle, sometimes with some vehicles, you lift up the body and the axle sags down or drops and the wheel is still on the ground.

When we bought our Lift Mates, we ordered four of them, from America and if I remember correctly they cost us about R400. each.

For this photo above turn your monitor on its side to see it correctly :roll: :wink: :)
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Re: The Lift Mate

Post by BenHur »

Bought myself one so that I can use the high lift (actually a farm jack that I am quite happy with) on the Pajero since it does not have all the nice steel bars and stuff like the Hilux to use the jack

Return to “Camping gear, Trailers and Other Non-electronic Gadgets”