4.0 V6 SAC stage 1

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Wendell
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Standerton
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4, Long range fuel tank, Cooper Discover STT. WROffroad Level-it spacers.

4.0 V6 SAC stage 1

Post by Wendell »

Hi Guys,

Any one of you have a stage 1 from SAC done on your 4.0? Would you recommend it and how did the fuel consumption change?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Boomer
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Fortuner

Re: 4.0 V6 SAC stage 1

Post by Boomer »

Not worth the money if you after fuel consumption. If it power you after, remove the cats and fit a snorkel. Fitting a chip like uni-q on the v6 is not worth it you gain a little timing but that's about it really.
Stage 1:
Full Exhaust
Induction
Chip
Toyota Fortuner
4.0 V6 4x4
TJM Bumper, Snorkel, 16" BF Goodrich A/T, Stofpad Rock Sliders, EFS Elite Suspension, KC 6" Day Lighters, Frontrunner Roof Rack, Frontrunner Fridge Slide and Drawer System, LED Work Light, Duel Battery System.
Wendell
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 4x4, Long range fuel tank, Cooper Discover STT. WROffroad Level-it spacers.

Post by Wendell »

Had a chat with SAC Eastrand and the oak sad upto 1.5km/l increase in fuel consumption on some of his clients. What is your consumption currently?
Boomer
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Boomer »

Before 7.8km/l, after removing the cats and snorkel with chip its between 8.0-8.8km/l. That's driving like miss daisy, if i hammer it or pull a trailer its roughly 6.9-7.2km/l.
Toyota Fortuner
4.0 V6 4x4
TJM Bumper, Snorkel, 16" BF Goodrich A/T, Stofpad Rock Sliders, EFS Elite Suspension, KC 6" Day Lighters, Frontrunner Roof Rack, Frontrunner Fridge Slide and Drawer System, LED Work Light, Duel Battery System.
Wendell
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Wendell »

Who removed the cats for you because local stealer said it will damage the ecu or so.
Boomer
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Boomer »

Powerflow removed mine, yes stealer will say that and i wont remove if its still under warrenty. But no removing the cats will not damage your ecu, ive been driving witout mine for the last 10000km no issues.
Toyota Fortuner
4.0 V6 4x4
StoffelV6
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6

Post by StoffelV6 »

Howzit Wendell, did you do the SAC stage 1 on your V6? :thumbdown: :thumbup:

I am interested, but i am worried as my beast is still brand new, got it end Jan this year, and i am worried that it will screw with the warranty...

and if it doesnt do much then i dont want to waste my money, SAC quoted R10800 for the Stage 1.
Met Uys? Met Uys Ja....!
Heritage Edition 4.0 V6
Long range tank (150L), Dual Battery, External power plugs in bak, front suspension lift, LED Light bar and LED Spots (12000 lumens)
Optimus Prime
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Krp
Vehicle: Fortuner 4.0 v6

Post by Optimus Prime »

Hi Boomer ,waar is powerflo
en wat het hulle jou gevra om cat te remove?

"As long as power flows through any of my circuits ill 4x4."
Wendell
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Wendell »

Hi Stoffel,

No, I have not done it yet. SAC quoted the same price for me. Would like to test drive a V6 with conversion.
Yamie
Vehicle: Hillux v6 4x4

Post by Yamie »

I have a V6 Heritage auto 4x4 2012 and took it to SAC midrand for stage 1 conversion when it had 700km's on the clock. I have elected to powdercoat the branch as I am a bit fussy with looks as well. The whole conversion cost R12.500. Branch, freeflow, airfilter, chip. According to the printouts supplied the KW's increased with 15.3% and torque with 13.2%. As I had a diesel 3.0 d4d before I can not comment how the petrol would perform in standard mode
when towing. Last weekend I towed my boat and was pleasantly suprised with the performance compared to my previous diesel. If you ask me the money was well spend!! My son love the deeper growl of the free flow exhaust and I must say it have a beautiful noise when it is winded, but for me it is a bit noisy when in normal cruising mode, I am considering putting the standard rear exhaust box back. Fuel consumption has improved with approx ikm per litre, that is if you are driving in the same way as you did with the standard V6 , difficult though, because somehow my Hilux became a toy....I can recommend this conversion and would also recommend SAC Kyalami (Heinrich) for a fantastic service. My opinion, if you are in the market for this conversion, close your eyes and go for it! Johann
Wendell
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD

Post by Wendell »

Thanx Johann,

Well said and very informative. I will close my eyes in the near future...
Yamie
Vehicle: Hillux v6 4x4

Post by Yamie »

I have the Dyna test of it before and after, I just need to find out how to uploade it onto the forum, will try tomorrow
Hannes Meyer
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Aranos Namibia
Vehicle: Hilux V6 4.L d/c 4x4 Automatic 2014 , Land Cruiser pick-up 2012, L/Cruiser Pick up 2023

Post by Hannes Meyer »

:thumbup:

Return to “The Workshop”