legend 35 pricing

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
SWARTLUX
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Gauteng
Vehicle: '05 LEGEND 35 2.7 DC 4x4, Monroe Gas allround, Long range tank, UniQ Chip. Platkar '06 Polo 1.6 Comfortline hatchback

legend 35 pricing

Post by SWARTLUX »

Hi Guys have a question,

What would you guys say is a fair price for a well looked after 2005 model legend 35 2.7 dc lux?
It has all the bling accesories the legend 35 came out with including a longrange tank and monroe gas shocks allround,dastek uniQ chip.Up to date sevice history not all at agents but most of them at toyota.210 000km on the clock

I have seen simmilar going for R160k+ is that what they actually still go for?

I paid R155k for mine a couple of months ago and still felt i overpaid. :oops:
Gideonvanzyl
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 D/C 4x4

Re: legend 35 pricing

Post by Gideonvanzyl »

I paid R145 for my 2003 last year with 165 000km on the clock. I think you will get your money back.
If I had to sell mine now, I am losing all the way. I had to do alot of mantenance on mine and it is going in for a new clucth in the week. The previous owner pulled an offroad trailer across africa and that ate the clutch.
Toyota Hilux 2.7 Legend 35 (Bullnose) 2003 d/cab 4x4 with Cooper Discoverer AT 3's on with unichip and Powerflow exhaust. Name: Blouwillebees
FJCruiser-ZN
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Durban
Vehicle: FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X224

Post by FJCruiser-ZN »

I paid R100k for mine on an auction last year. I have spent around 30k fixing it up to tiptop condition.
I have seen a few around the 160k mark, this seems to be the going price. I have done the clutch, both propshafts, front and rear brakes, exhaust, had gearboxes and diffs checked and serviced, new leather from Toyota on the front seat, polished all the SS trimmings, had a few dents removed, and replaced all the broken bits. I still need to replace the rear bumper and the cover over the two gear levers, built my own aluminium canopy and drawer system. Had a lot of stripped threads fixed, including the rear diff drain plug. She is almost as good as new.
T
If you don't own an FJ Cruiser you probably won't understand...
Until we meet on a dusty road someday, somewhere, keep on Cruisering....
2013 FJ Cruiser 4.0 V6 4x4 AT
2012 Jurgen's Xcape
SWARTLUX
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: '05 LEGEND 35 2.7 DC 4x4, Monroe Gas allround, Long range tank, UniQ Chip. Platkar '06 Polo 1.6 Comfortline hatchback

Post by SWARTLUX »

So I bought a bargain for R155 for the 2005 model?All i had to sopend was R2400 on a new chip further my lux is still in excellent condition :thumbup: :thumbup:

Know i feel much better about paying so much as I do not need to spend anything on repairs yet as it hasn't given me any hassles except the faulty chip.

Just didnt realise the Legend 35's keep their resale value that much as I have seen normal 2.7's going for a lot less than that.
So I must be one of the lucky guys :lol:
Gideonvanzyl
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Vehicle: Hilux 2.7 D/C 4x4

Post by Gideonvanzyl »

A friend of mine bought a couple of days ago a 2005 legend 35 s/c kzte on an auction for R50 000. The engine was badly damaged so he bought a 4l new spec hilux engine for R7500 from a friend with 22 000 km on the clock, the guy wanted R10 000. He had the motor fitted and fitted new tyres, nothing else was done to the bakkie. He got offered R145 000 for the bakkie before the motor was even started and sold it today. He made over R60 000 profit, lucky dog. He is now in the market for a vigo.
Toyota Hilux 2.7 Legend 35 (Bullnose) 2003 d/cab 4x4 with Cooper Discoverer AT 3's on with unichip and Powerflow exhaust. Name: Blouwillebees
Jackal
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: CTN
Vehicle: Hilux 2700i D/C 4x4 2002

Post by Jackal »

Why you thinking of selling? What you thinking of getting? (with the fuel price increases I have also been tempted to consider selling)
Toyota Hilux 2700i DC 4x4 2002
KTM 300 XC-W 2008
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

Shimano sold his a year ago for R165, another client just sold his this week for R170, it's like the SFA's, condition is far more important than year model etc.
You can almost pick up a Vigo for the same price, but the Legend 35 has more steel and less plastic.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
SWARTLUX
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by SWARTLUX »

Jackal wrote:Why you thinking of selling? What you thinking of getting? (with the fuel price increases I have also been tempted to consider selling)
NOOOO Never selling this baby unless I have no choice.I was just wondering as you dont see a lot of Legend 35's forsale and when I bought mine i felt I was overpaying.

Now comparing the prices mentioned here I bought a bargain if you see the conditionmine is in.
Feulconsumption is not that bad it averages 8.2lt per 100km and that is town driving combined with offroad
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

8.2lt/100km's is lighter than my 1600 Corolla which gives me about 8.5lt/100km's. You sure it's not running too lean, as it will burn valves ?
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Haboob wrote:8.2lt/100km's is lighter than my 1600 Corolla which gives me about 8.5lt/100km's. You sure it's not running too lean, as it will burn valves ?
I think Brian ment 8.2kilos per liter which is still very good
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
SWARTLUX
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by SWARTLUX »

george wrote:
Haboob wrote:8.2lt/100km's is lighter than my 1600 Corolla which gives me about 8.5lt/100km's. You sure it's not running too lean, as it will burn valves ?
I think Brian ment 8.2kilos per liter which is still very good
:oops: :oops: Yes thanx George that's what I meant :thumbup:

Return to “Open Discussion”