fuel tank sfa

Discuss modifications on your 1979 to late 1998 SFA 4x4 Hilux here.
hansman
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: pretoria
Vehicle: hilux sfa

fuel tank sfa

Post by hansman »

:confused: :confused: :confused: naand se

ek kry nie die vorige inligting op ekstra of dubbel fuel tank mods op inport sfa dc hilux nie. kan iemand asb help?
My bakkie vat maar 50l.watter tank gaan pas?
wat is die beste inlyn fuel pump vir lexus? ek het gravity feed op my tank.
groete
Hansman
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Re: fuel tank sfa

Post by Mud Dog »

Hans there's a lot of info about LR tanks. Unfortunately you would have to search for them all using key words and then searching within the search to find what you're looking for.
Here's a few topics I dug up to get you started ......

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=4135" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4866" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5514" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4601" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6309" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5289" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=130&t=9082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Re: fuel tank sfa

Post by Haboob »

Hans, I fitted an extra 70 liter tank to a '94 Lux, which came out with a 70 liter tank. First build a bracket for new tank that you can find at scrapyard. Start by galvanizing if it is not a stainless tank. Mark place for fitting the hose between the two tanks (I did this so that I could just fill up both tanks from a single filler cap). This must be closer to the front of the tank, otherwise the connecting hose gets damaged by the drive shaft. Remove both tanks & fit hose fittings for a hose between the two tanks. Your second tanks piping can then be taken to run parallel to the original tanks fuel pipe, which passes just beneath the right side of the drivers seat below the floor board. Connect the two pipes to a Y tap, which you can then alternate between the two tanks. I always started using fuel from the spare tank first, which would drain both tanks until 1/2 then the first tank would drain until empty. When the vehicle started jerking, I would just switch over to the other tank by turning the tap, which was situated on the floor, next to the drivers seat. The original tank would then still be 1/2. This is also the tank which is connected to the fuel meter on your dash. The most important thing is the hose between the tanks must be fuel friendly (mine was a 2.4 petrol Lux) otherwise the hose will get hard & brittle. You must also find metal pipe to fit the hose over, which must be cot & braised onto the portion of the tank where you will be fitting the connecting hose. Your connecting hose must also be around 38 to 40 mm, otherwise the second tank will fill too slowly. The difficulties that I had were getting metal & rubber hose to connect the two tanks together. This is the cheapest DIY option. Fill the tanks with water when you braise them, otherwise you may shatter a few windows. Places like Silverton can be of assistance when cleaning & braising the tanks.
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"

Return to “1979 to early 1998 Hilux (Gen 3&4 aka SFA 4x4)”