Thanks gents

Post questions, advice and pictures of Engine conversions here
Demon
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: JHB
Vehicle: Hilux 3UZ vvt-i. Disco 3 V8 4.4 L. G Wagon 3UZ vvt-i . Polo 2.0 converted...Volvo S40 2.0

Thanks gents

Post by Demon »

Just want to say thanks for the traffic hits on my small site. Making a difference on my site rank.

My traffic line already runs in from
SA, Ireland, Australia, Namibia, New Zealand, Germany, Greece, Indonesia, UK, Sweden. :aggresive:

Im sure that whatever system you guys have installed will last and give you many happy days.

Up to you to take that “whatever” out of it.

Chris the worlds a much bigger place than Nelspruit and the inside of your 2.2 Hilux bud. :thumbup:

Thanks gents and all the best. :thumbup:
V8 SOLID
cprinsloo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 1998 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: X52

Re: Thanks gents

Post by cprinsloo »

Demon wrote:
Up to you to take that “whatever” out of it.

Chris the worlds a much bigger place than Nelspruit and the inside of your 2.2 Hilux bud. :thumbup:

Thanks gents and all the best. :thumbup:
Demon/Derick,

You have something to say to me? Or do you have a problem with me? Why don't you say it outright?

C
1998 Hilux D/C Lexus VVTi
mark watson
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: gauteng
Vehicle: hilux

Post by mark watson »

derick just looking at some of the replies , just be straight to the point , if i look at the reply to theo you made a big mistake as this is one of the most widely known cruisers in south africa and beyond ( australia , states etc ) , i had the utmost pleasure of working on it and it has been great for me personally and business wise so slow down with the replies thickness , you might get a lot of hits but it does not mean it is going to work out in orders , i know from my instrumentation business that it works like this and this has been over the last 20 years , had a friend the other day after costing him over 7k ( actually he picked his isuzu up today ) that wanted to go the original system but he was not told oops you dont have a flow meter , you dont have new o2 sensors , you dont have this etc and after many a debate his van is now running albeit with a spits system on motor and box and he is happy as he has been sitting for the last 4 months getting stuffed around. and he drove it out today after 1 week of wiring etc ( ok he forgot to tell me he bought the van as an empty shell ) . your system looks good but you have to hit the niche in the market that is looking for it dont give the guys flak about certain questions as it wont help you to promote your product.
fair the yanks and the aussies dont know as they have their own homegrown systems ( aem , haltech etc ) make no mistake they are good , but pricey so yes they will go look elsewhere as with the exchange rate it might be worth while , but when looking at the vvt with the immobiliser built in i was quoted 1000 dollars to sort and even from pretoria the price was stupid ,
but some of the guys have valid questions so answer them properly and not make a silly comment about his seat colour ( even though theos seats are terrific )
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

mark watson wrote:derick just looking at some of the replies , just be straight to the point , if i look at the reply to theo you made a big mistake as this is one of the most widely known cruisers in south africa and beyond ( australia , states etc ) , i had the utmost pleasure of working on it and it has been great for me personally and business wise so slow down with the replies thickness , you might get a lot of hits but it does not mean it is going to work out in orders , i know from my instrumentation business that it works like this and this has been over the last 20 years , had a friend the other day after costing him over 7k ( actually he picked his isuzu up today ) that wanted to go the original system but he was not told oops you dont have a flow meter , you dont have new o2 sensors , you dont have this etc and after many a debate his van is now running albeit with a spits system on motor and box and he is happy as he has been sitting for the last 4 months getting stuffed around. and he drove it out today after 1 week of wiring etc ( ok he forgot to tell me he bought the van as an empty shell ) . your system looks good but you have to hit the niche in the market that is looking for it dont give the guys flak about certain questions as it wont help you to promote your product.
fair the yanks and the aussies dont know as they have their own homegrown systems ( aem , haltech etc ) make no mistake they are good , but pricey so yes they will go look elsewhere as with the exchange rate it might be worth while , but when looking at the vvt with the immobiliser built in i was quoted 1000 dollars to sort and even from pretoria the price was stupid ,
but some of the guys have valid questions so answer them properly and not make a silly comment about his seat colour ( even though theos seats are terrific )
To God be the glory
Hangover
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Deneysville
Vehicle: '76 FJ45 , '13 3.0 D4D Hilux

Post by Hangover »

Ek kan nie dink dat n ou so groot karton boks kan wees nie... altyd iets oor amal te se...
@Chris, moenie jou aan trailer trash steur nie dit maak mens net onnodig kwaad
Hangover(A.K.A die speelding)
1976 FJ45 4x4
1UZ-FE 4.0vvti
2" OME Suspension lift
1.5" Shackle lift
35" Geo MT's
Custom Bullbar
Lockright Locked rear
York OBA
20" LED bar
Nighthawk 100W spots

Dakar
2013 3.0D-4D 4x4 Hilux Dakar
cprinsloo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by cprinsloo »

Hangover wrote:Ek kan nie dink dat n ou so groot karton boks kan wees nie... altyd iets oor amal te se...
@Chris, moenie jou aan trailer trash steur nie dit maak mens net onnodig kwaad
Ag nee wat, dis net bietjie ligte vermaak!! :D: :D:
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

It seems one lives and learns, in the past I made a terrible judgement error in defending you Derrick, to the detriment of good friendships.

Derrick, one things for certain, you aren't doing your business any favours on this forum. The hilux crowd are very fond of Lexus conversions as you are know and therefore this is a prime place to show a professional approach/attitude to selling/marketing your products. Thus far the impression I get is certainly not favourable toward you or your products.

I'll go as far as to say that should you continue with these types of remarks against forum/club members it could well lead to you been banned. That's not a threat but rather the impression I get personally. If the mods feel I've overstepped, please delete.

Regards,
Mr B
cprinsloo
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by cprinsloo »

Earlier I had a look at the membership count, 7000 + and counting. I think it's a feather in the cap of this great forum, and all the members that make it great.

Not everybody will agree to everything all the time, we're individuals with different tastes and preferences after all. If you don't agree with something, that's your right, but it's not your right to insult people.

Unfortunately, this guys' behaviour is unacceptable, and I don't think I'm the only one with that impression. I will definitely not back off after being threatened and insulted.

C
Hangover
Town: Deneysville
Vehicle: '76 FJ45 , '13 3.0 D4D Hilux

Post by Hangover »

cprinsloo wrote:Earlier I had a look at the membership count, 7000 + and counting. I think it's a feather in the cap of this great forum, and all the members that make it great.

Not everybody will agree to everything all the time, we're individuals with different tastes and preferences after all. If you don't agree with something, that's your right, but it's not your right to insult people.

Unfortunately, this guys' behaviour is unacceptable, and I don't think I'm the only one with that impression. I will definitely not back off after being threatened and insulted.

C
+1
Hangover(A.K.A die speelding)
1976 FJ45 4x4
1UZ-FE 4.0vvti
2" OME Suspension lift
1.5" Shackle lift
35" Geo MT's
Custom Bullbar
Lockright Locked rear
York OBA
20" LED bar
Nighthawk 100W spots

Dakar
2013 3.0D-4D 4x4 Hilux Dakar
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

I agree with you guys, he is not in line with the forum's rules and if there is one more wrong step we will take action even if he is a commercial member. As Cassie pointed out it is not to say if somebody is a commercial member it will give him the right to attack members.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots

Return to “Engine conversions (Lexus/7M-GE/3RZ-FE etc)”