St Lucia popular destitination or is it dying

Need some information for an upcoming trip or have questions about a camping site, etc, ask it here.
Toppie4x4
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 DC 4x4

St Lucia popular destitination or is it dying

Post by Toppie4x4 »

I remember back in the days when St Lucia were buzzing with local visitors especially for angling from the beach, but since I live in KZN and visit the region more often (for work) I’ve noticed that the town is quite, especially if one take in consideration all the lodges, guest houses, and back packers accommodation available and even two caravan parks.
I do see more foreigners than locals.
Why is it possible to drive on a pre-determined stretch of beach at SODWANA and not in ST LUCIA? FREE OF CHARGE.
Do they realize how far we have to park from the beach (300 meters plus) and then carry all our stuff, fishing rods, cooler bags, chairs, umbrellas etc etc. Then if nature calls run (if you can make it) back to the loo!!!!
If you want St Lucia to boom again then open the beach for +- 1.5km similar set up as SODWANA, surely if there are any wild life, turtles nests for instance, just fence it of, but I doubt if there are seeing that the boat owners are driving down to the beach anyhow?
Attachments
St lucia Beach.jpg
werewolf
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 1991, 50mm lift suspension, Rear E-Locker

Re: St Lucia popular destitination or is it dying

Post by werewolf »

We use to go there when we were kids, what a place, great memory's. Haven't been there for years.
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Re: St Lucia popular destitination or is it dying

Post by george »

Was there last year and it was awsome.The shad was running and for 10 days had the best fishing ever.Spoke to the locals and all complain it is due to the beach ban drive.But still a brilliant place.
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"

Return to “Route Planning questions/discussions”