Fortuner Water Pump ?

You can ask your Fortuner related questions here. Also feel free to show us the modifications you did on your vehicle.
Allan
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: Toyota D4D DC

Fortuner Water Pump ?

Post by Allan »

My Fortuner has 107 000km (3liter D4D 2007 4 X 4) on the clock, waterpump started screaming, Toyota is busy replacing it R5300-00, my Truck (also a d4d 3l 2008 model) has 197000km on never a problem.

has anyone else had the same problem or is this an isolated case ?
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: Fortuner Water Pump ?

Post by OOOOMS »

Hi Allan, not heard of one ever packing up before.....if this is the case I would be a bit worried myself. Have you tried Commercial Auto for pricing yet (sorry do not have the number) or Gemini 011 3341417
Allan
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: Toyota D4D DC

Post by Allan »

Thanks OOOOMS, it took me 2 years to convince my wife to sell her Landrover :oops: ( biggest piece of junk ever build) and buy the Fortuner.
I heard a funny sound almost like a pulley bearing, but thought maybe it would be a fan-belt or something, took it to Toyota Nelspruit, and received the bad news.
:shock: Imagine the field day she is having with me as my sales pitch was " ATOYOTA NEVER BREAKS" As is my experience with my Hilux. Doesn't matter though i still believe in TOYOTA and forever will. :yahoo:
shaunmeizter
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 2.4 DC & Fortuna 3D4D 4x4

Post by shaunmeizter »

Took my Tuna in for 150000km service yesterday. Cost R3750, they phoned and said waterpump is going cost R2500 replace. Lucky the salesman confinced me to buy a extended warranty when I bought the Tuna cost me R4500 up to 200 000km. :thumbup:
Blackadder
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4D, Ironman Bumper, OME, Dual Battery, BFG'S, TJM Snorkel, Navstar 220 29mhz radio, LAS Pro Rear Bumper, Frontrunner Roofrack
Club VHF Licence: X82

Post by Blackadder »

shaunmeizter wrote:Took my Tuna in for 150000km service yesterday. Cost R3750, they phoned and said waterpump is going cost R2500 replace. Lucky the salesman confinced me to buy a extended warranty when I bought the Tuna cost me R4500 up to 200 000km. :thumbup:
Did they change timing belt...???
shaunmeizter
High Range 4WD
High Range 4WD
Town: Bellville
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 2.4 DC & Fortuna 3D4D 4x4

Post by shaunmeizter »

Yes.

But very bad service. They did not bleed my system, almost lost the engine. Left Friday morning CT for PE to go check rugby notice heat gauge is going up just outside Kraaifontein. Pulled over and F@#ol water in bottel. Add 1L water at next garage added 2L more. (this was 5 O'Clock) at 9 phoned Toyota Mcarthy N1 City and what do they say I'm so sorry for this, please let me send some one to assist. Explained I was in hurry instructed me over the phone how to bleed the system. They should have made sure it was done the first time.

Gave them some lip this morning because the T-Beld sign is on after it was replaced. The clamp holding the airline on the cover of the airfilter was never fastend. THEY ARE USELESS !!!!!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Henry Greeff
Town: Kuruman
Vehicle: Hilux

Post by Henry Greeff »

shaunmeizter wrote:Yes.

But very bad service. They did not bleed my system, almost lost the engine. Left Friday morning CT for PE to go check rugby notice heat gauge is going up just outside Kraaifontein. Pulled over and F@#ol water in bottel. Add 1L water at next garage added 2L more. (this was 5 O'Clock) at 9 phoned Toyota Mcarthy N1 City and what do they say I'm so sorry for this, please let me send some one to assist. Explained I was in hurry instructed me over the phone how to bleed the system. They should have made sure it was done the first time.

Gave them some lip this morning because the T-Beld sign is on after it was replaced. The clamp holding the airline on the cover of the airfilter was never fastend. THEY ARE USELESS !!!!!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
My Fortuner het 190 000 km op en het twee weke terug water pomp vervang, dieselfde geraas gemaak, sit nou met die probleem dat hy swaarder is op diesel, kan iemand dalk se hoekom :eh:
Ralphlo
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Hermanus
Vehicle: Fortuner D4D, Full OME suspension, ONCA Bullbar and rock-sliders, long-range tank,diff breathers, VPS, roof rack, dual battery
Club VHF Licence: TA98

Post by Ralphlo »

I also had mine replaced due to a leak, since then it seems fine.
When you come to a fork in the road, take it!

Return to “Toyota Fortuner 4x4 Forum”