Driving a Tazz is hazardous!

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Oupa Stig
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesbug
Vehicle: Hilux KZTE 4X2 "Stagger Lee", Hilux IFS 2.7 4x4 "Loretta"

Driving a Tazz is hazardous!

Post by Oupa Stig »

So with the wife not driving for 6 weeks after C-section, I've got to do the school run. Because the Tazz has my boy's carseat, I use the Tazz. I have over the last few days learned to respect my wife even more!
The bulldust she has to put up with from other Jhb road users is astonishing. If they don't cut in front of you, they try to push you out of the way. And tailgating! For Pete's sake, get off my back bumper, I'm going just as fast as the car in front of me!!! It gotso bad, this afternoon my lack of sleep (midnight baby feeds) got the better of me, and at the red light in Linden I actually got out of the car, opened the boot, and asked the pratt behind me in his Audi to sommer maar park right inside... Of course, he had lots of other things which suddenly took his attention inside the car, pretending that he did not even see me. Perhaps better that way, my fuse was just way too short. At least the woman in the car next to me laughed and gave me a thumbs-up.
As a solution, so that these selfish fools can have a bit more respect for the Tazz, I suggested to my wife that I make her some replacement bumpers, front & rear, a lá Hilux. She does not like the idea....so in the meantime I'll be off to Hursthill motors this weekend for the biggest mother of a hooter for her Tazz I can find. And then perhaps in 2015 when a bit of my money becomes available, a D/C SFA - by then she'll be willing to go to something bigger :)
I feel a lot less wise at 45 than I did at 15.
ChrisF
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler
Town: inniedorp
Vehicle: Toy

Re: Driving a Tazz is hazardous!

Post by ChrisF »

SAME route, with the Etios (new Tazz...) OR with the raised Hilux and steel bumpers ..... HUGE difference in how others act !!
TOYODA
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '89 YN67R with Ford V6 3.0

Post by TOYODA »

I know the feeling.

Driving with SWAMBO's Honda Jazz, people that think they are better that you (because you drive a cheaper car), big SUVs and Taxis don't care about you. They'll just cut in front of you or push you over, because they know you don't want to get your car scratched or dented....

Thats why I love to drive with the Vigo. They respect it, because it's higher that normal and they can see all the scratches and dents on it and they know that I won't worry about anorher one. They'll then rather cut in behind you, because they don't want to get their vehicle scratched or dented... :lol:

We are also looking at upgrading SWAMBO's vehicle to something bigger... maybe a UNIMOG :twisted:
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Jep,

A nice chunk of steel in front does earn respect - even if you have to claim or enforce it yourself!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Sounds like you guys are living in a war zone. :lol: Come to the platteland.Here the people stop to much for you and then cause accidents from other drivers hitting them from behind
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Ali3n
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Jeep Commander 3.0 Limited
Club VHF Licence: B338

Post by Ali3n »

This is exactly the main reason why my wife refuses to drive a "plat kar". It might be cheaper but is it worth the risk? Some of the accidents these idiots cause are bad. Like the one recently in Roodepoort where the truck lost control. Most of the cars were crushed & flattened but there was a hilux also involved which looked in the best shape.
PRESENTLY DISADVANTAGED
ImageImageImage Link BrokenImageImage Link Broken
Custom built Rock Sliders, Bumpers, Belly protection.... Anything you can think of
Cell: 076 122 3744 E-Mail: fpanaino@gmail.com
Bear Grylls calls it "Ultimate Survival", overlanders call it "Camping"
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Fit a set of bright LED/Halogen spots to the back of the Tazz, next time they get too close... blast them!

They'll get the message first time! :twisted:
Cleaner
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4l V6 4x4 Auto
Club VHF Licence: X31

Post by Cleaner »

Ali3n wrote:This is exactly the main reason why my wife refuses to drive a "plat kar". It might be cheaper but is it worth the risk? Some of the accidents these idiots cause are bad. Like the one recently in Roodepoort where the truck lost control. Most of the cars were crushed & flattened but there was a hilux also involved which looked in the best shape.
Then again, I've seen your wife drive, and I don't want her in a "platkar" behind me either :twisted: :tongue: :twisted:
ImageImageImage
"Every loaf of bread is tragic story of grains that could've become beer, but didn't. - Walter Thornburgh"
"The best cure for Sea Sickness, is to sit under a tree. - Spike Milligan"
kfxnando
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

HeeeeeeeeHa
Glad me not allone :dance1: :yahoo:

Have also gotten out the car and confronted the idiots, and taken pic ofhow close they stopped behind me

And agree they look down on people driving smaller cars

However good or bad, i then become a pig on the road, and my road rage maners come out

Expected from taxi, however its not always the taxi

For such idiots, have developed a technique where I leave a huge gap to the car in front of me, so when the car behind me stops close, i have space to ooen the gap, if that fails, i have been know to engage reverse and go even close to them, their eyes normaly get huge at that point

Have been know to stall the car, and just as it turns red, getting going and leaving the idiot behind, yep even with the aygo

Without more details, can become a pig :cooldude:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oupa Stig

Post by Oupa Stig »

Been there, done that, Fernando (the "pig" bit).
Then they stare at you as if you are a lunatic...
Makes you appreciate it when they respect your Lux
(or, just to make the Jeepsters feel better, your Jeep)
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

I can relate to this all too well, and it's sad how our roads have become. On most days I use the platkar and keep left in the slow lane, that way I get to where I'm going with my temper intact. But even there, you'll almost always find a truck that will flick his lights for you to go faster :shock2: , and keeping up the same speed - the next hill he's left kilometers away, and then I wonder what the deal was about :mocking: .

Unfortunately, when I drive the Hilux, I do still sometimes get people cutting me off, and you'll be amazed that it's mostly chicks in small cars :shock2: and having to bump them from the back S.A. law would find me in the wrong anyways.

I do however have taxi days, and trust me taxis don't appreciate taxi days with the Hilux! That said mostly I try keep my cool but it's not easy. :surrender:
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
Oupa Stig

Post by Oupa Stig »

"chicks in small cars" .... 100% correct.
En dan kom 1st for women met hul rubbish...
Ons versekering en karre is op my naam, en ek moes al 4 keer eis vir panelbeating - eenkeer toe iemand vasgery het in my KZ se gat (ek belowe, al het hy op my gat kom ry, ek het nie aspris so hard gerem dat daar swart strepe op die pad gelê het nie, daar het 'n hond voor my ingehardloop), en al drie die ander kere was toe my "statistically safer driver" vrou in ander mense vasgeneuk het - al 3 keer haar skuld, my beursie.
Donkey
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2002 3.0KZ-TE 4x4, Eazyawn RTT, Snorkel, NudgeM Bumper, 38mm Ball Joint Spacers, 35" Maxxis Bighorns, Dastek Unichip, 60 ltr Snomaster fridge/freezer, 40mm body lift, Mikem front/rear with extended shackles, Bilsteins shox rear
Club VHF Licence: X122

Post by Donkey »

:aggresive:
Tumelo Maketekete
Donkey, simple and often misunderstood.
We don't stop playing because we grow old, but we grow old because we stop playing!

2002 - 3.0KZ-TE Toyota Hilux (Letebele)
1994 - 1.6i Gl Toyota Corolla (Platkar)
1990 - Gli TwinCam 16v (ZuluBoy)

ImageImage
luckyhit
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: '04 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 d/c

Post by luckyhit »

Donkey wrote:I can relate to this all too well, and it's sad how our roads have become. On most days I use the platkar and keep left in the slow lane, that way I get to where I'm going with my temper intact. But even there, you'll almost always find a truck that will flick his lights for you to go faster :shock2: , and keeping up the same speed - the next hill he's left kilometers away, and then I wonder what the deal was about :mocking: .

Unfortunately, when I drive the Hilux, I do still sometimes get people cutting me off, and you'll be amazed that it's mostly chicks in small cars :shock2: and having to bump them from the back S.A. law would find me in the wrong anyways.

I do however have taxi days, and trust me taxis don't appreciate taxi days with the Hilux! That said mostly I try keep my cool but it's not easy. :surrender:
So true Donkey, so very very true [HEAVY EXCLAMATION MARK SYMBOL][HEAVY EXCLAMATION MARK SYMBOL]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
One Life! Live it!

Return to “Open Discussion”