Our World is ending! - Please respond urgently

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Our World is ending! - Please respond urgently

Post by Family_Dog »

Fellows, we have a very serious problem on our hands. All of us know, and love, our Ouma Rusks. I am a great lover of Ouma Marmalade rusks, quite frankly, this should be their best seller as the other rusks pale in comparison to them. But for the past few weeks, there has not been any stock available.

Please take the time to read the messages below and I call on you, my fellow South Africans, to take up the mighty keyboard and computer and complain en masse to these troglodytes.

I drafted the following concern to the Manufacturers:

Dear Ouma,

It is time for some very stern words: I *only* buy Ouma Sliced Marmalade Rusks and have been doing so ever since they first appeared on the market a number of years ago. I normally buy six boxes at a time as I was caught once before when no-one had any stock of these and to my utter dismay, this has happened again.

Over the past four weeks I have been unable to source these anywhere in my hometown and thus have to be very stern with you, Ouma. I am down to my very last box of Marmalade rusks and have tried all Supermarkets etc in my area, no one has any stock and they blame the Supplier. Please cease production of ALL other flavours and concentrate immediately on Marmalade rusks, I will have none left after this week and I am totally hooked on these rusks. I have tried the new Honey & Ginger flavours but am not hooked on these, although if you decided to produce sliced ginger rusks, that might work. Kindly advise me soonest when (and where!!!) I can expect to purchase sliced Marmalade rusks again, the situation is critical and I am thinking of getting President Obama involved. Please realise I will only do this if the situation deteriorates further. In the meantime, please scour the factory, perhaps you will find a few boxes that have not yet shipped - I need them, urgently! I remain faithfully, Devoted Maramalade Rusk Addict,
To which I received the following senseless reply today:

Dear Devoted Marmalade Rusk Addict

It is with a heavy heart that we regret to inform you that in fact your worst nightmare has come true- we have discontinued the Ouma Marmalade flavour.

We understand that South African's like yourself have come to love Ouma over the years and that any changes to this iconic South African brand will be met with some resistance and distress. However, as Rusk market leader it is Ouma's responsibility to innovate and grow the category for retailers who sell our Rusks but also for consumers ensuring that Ouma remains relevant over the years. The retailers' shelves are finite, in order to make way for new innovation and we thus need to revisit our range and remove slower moving lines. In going through the exercise of reviewing our range, unfortunately Marmalade emerged as our slowest selling line (despite such loyal followers like yourself) making it the prime candidate for discontinuation. This was not a decision which was taken lightly at all and I assure you that it was given the utmost consideration at various levels throughout the organisation. We always appreciate hearing from our loyal Ouma customers and whilst we understand that the above explanation will not bring your beloved Marmalade Rusk back, we hope that it serves to provide some insight into the reasons behind this change. Ouma plans to continue to bring new innovations into the brand over time and we hope that future innovations will be to your liking.

Regards
Kate A........
SENIOR BRAND MANAGER - NOLA/OUMA
WHAT BULL!!! (Sorry, Stubs...)

Please address your emails of howling distress to:
ouma@foodcorp.co.za

Guys, this is serious! Please send your complaints to Ouma at the above email and while you're at it, the "new" Ginger & Honey rusks are absolute rubbish - I have tested both and they do not meet my (fairly low) standards.

**** R I P ****
Ouma Marmalade Rusks -500x500.jpeg
(59.98 KiB) Downloaded 388 times

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Thunder02
Town: East Rand
Vehicle: IFS Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC105

Re: Our World is ending! - Please respond urgently

Post by Thunder02 »

For once a land crab and a puddle pirate will stand together for one important cause :thumbup:
Not all those who wander are lost!

Scout motto:be prepared....
www.4x4direct.co.za
Email: boksburg@4x4direct.co.za
IFS is like a swambo, soft, sexy and expensive!
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Well, errrrr, the first time I saw Marmelade rusk was......just now!

Never knew about its existence!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Thabogrobler wrote:Well, errrrr, the first time I saw Marmelade rusk was......just now!

That makes 2 of us.
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
JEEPIE
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Official hilux 4x4 club recovery vehicle
Club VHF Licence: X 43

Post by JEEPIE »

am i correct in saying - the marmelade rusks are slow movers , just like the patrons that buy them ?
OFFICIAL HILUX 4x4 RECOVERY VEHICLE

if you want to change this to recovered , first recover me - and have a relevant picture / foto to prove it !
ADVANCED 4x4 DRIVER COURSES DONE : US 254135 / US 254154
(STILL AWAITING SO-CALLED TETA CERTIFICATION VIA THE SERVICE PROVIDER AFRICAN OFF-ROAD ACADEMY - WHAT A JOKE)
swartvark
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Gordons Bay
Vehicle: SFA HiLEX V8; Suzuki GSF1200s Bandit

Post by swartvark »

george wrote:
Thabogrobler wrote:Well, errrrr, the first time I saw Marmelade rusk was......just now!

That makes 2 of us.
That makes three.........but if we ask nicely they might bring out Bone Marrow Flavour for you old Dogs out there. :twisted:
MUD........GLORIOUS MUD!!!!!

Your friendly VW salesperson......(with a passion for SFA Hiluxes)

NEED A CAR?
talk2tiaan@gmail.com
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

Marmelade & Rusks aren't exactly like Brandy & Coke, just can't picture the two together, or is it a previous generation thing?
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

Post by jacques kotze »

george wrote:

That makes 2 of us.
+ Another one. :shock:
Sebata
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Cosmo City
Vehicle: '06 Hilux 4.0l V6 auto 4x4, Iron-Man front bumper, Ali3n Rock-sliders, Old man Suspention, Snokel, 31" Pireli Scorpion Muds
Club VHF Licence: X125

Post by Sebata »

JEEPIE wrote:am i correct in saying - the marmelade rusks are slow movers , just like the patrons that buy them ?
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Tau Sello
Sebata, Lion enjoys hunting with Hynas...
Thabogrobler
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Post by Thabogrobler »

Auuhhhhh, some people here are moving on thin ice - very thin ice!!!!!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

That's tight, hit a man when he's down! ;)

You ain't had nuthin' yet if you have not tried Marmalade Rusks, they are out of this World - now literally!

I think it's poor marketing on their side, I have never seen them advertised but bought them some years ago when they first appeared. Other rusks are just tasteless compared to these, those little pieces of Marmalade zest produce a taste of their own, better than Brandy & Coke!

Anyway, please flood their mailbox with complaints, you will not regret it if they ever change their minds about this. Poor demand? Bah, Humbug!! Crappy Marketing is more like it.

'Sniff.... :cry:

-F_D

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

You ain't had nuthin' yet if you have not tried Marmalade Rusks, they are out of this World - now literally!

Eric, I agree wholeheartedly. If you have'nt tasted them, you will never know what you missed. If I run out of home made on a trip, I go to the Marmelaide Rusks. The reason for the home made is that we add a lot of extras, like nuts, raisins, bran, etc. etc... :beg: :beg: :beg:
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

I'm not too fussed about rusks, never have been, but I'm very partial to something like oat crunchies and have a simple recipe that I use quite often. To share it, ...........

You will need:
one third of a margarine brick
1 tablespoon golden syrup (you can substitute honey or even try Maple syrup for a slight change in taste)
1 teaspoon bicarb or baking soda
½ cup sultanas or seedless raisins ( you can leave these out for a more traditional recipe, but I like to add them, not only for taste, but it makes biting the finished crunchies easier on the teeth. I even chop the raisin up a bit before adding them.)
1 cup ground coconut
1 cup sugar
1 cup cake flour
2 cups oats

Method:
melt the margarine in a medium sized pot on a very low heat setting. While it's melting, use the wrapper to 'grease' a shallow, medium sized baking tray. Once the marg is melted, add the syrup and add the bicarb while stirring until it starts to froth a little. Take it off the heat, stir in the raisins, then coconut, then sugar. stir a bit for the sugar to dissolve a little and add the flour. Do not allow the flour to thicken, i.e. the mixture must not be hot. Once a smooth consistency is achieved (no flour lumps - doesn't take more than about 15 seconds) add the dry oats. It will take a bit more stirring to achieve an even mixture of the ingredients since the mixture will now be fairly dry and stiff .... it actually picks up everything in the pot - no sticky messy bits.

Pre-heat your oven to 150 - 180°

Empty your mixture out onto the greased baking tray and smooth it out to an even thickness with the back of a spoon. Pop it into the oven (about centre height). Should take between 20 to 30 mins depending on the heat of your oven, but watch it carefully that it doesn't start burning (you should smell straight away if it does), because being a fairly dry mixture it can burn easily. (The longer you leave them the crunchier / harder they will be.) Once the surface is browned, remove and cut it into squares immediately, before it cools and hardens. Leave it in the tray to harden .... it comes out easier.

From start to finish should take about 45 mins to an hour depending on how well organised you are.

Enjoy!

(I finished the last lot I'd made just last night, so tomorrow I will be making more again.)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Toppie4x4
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: Hilux 4.0 V6 DC 4x4

Post by Toppie4x4 »

Dit is dan seker ook hoekom ek nie meer die anys beskuit op die rakke sien nie, is ook seker end of line!!!!!!!
kfxnando
Town: Germiston
Vehicle: Ford V6 3.4 Courrier soon to be powered by Yamaha!! Jeep GC 4.7 V8, Aygo broken traded for a Kia Picanto.2ex, 2012 Jeep GC 5.7 V8 Ovrrland

Post by kfxnando »

JEEPIE wrote:am i correct in saying - the marmelade rusks are slow movers , just like the patrons that buy them ?
Is that like a hilux?? :surrender: :surrender: :laugh2:

Blame it on the weather, if it was warmer would of been busy outside, not making k k comments on here :laugh2:

Just think some of those unknown rusks dipped in warm.. .. .

:surrender: :surrender:

:cooldude:
http://www.youtube.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://community.webshots.com/user/kfxnando" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff343/kfxnando/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Put pen to the paper and email them! Complain! We, the people, are sick & tired for being taken for a bunch of morons. Just because they did bad marketing and many people had never even heard of them, there is no reason whey we have to without Marmalade rusks. What's next on the banned list - Marmite?

Quite simply, I don't even like any of the other Ouma products - only the Marmalade rusks.

-F_D

george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

better than Brandy & Coke!
Surely it cant be that good :twisted:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Haboob
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: King Williams Town
Vehicle: Hilux
Club VHF Licence: HC129

Post by Haboob »

Surely it cant be that good

BETTER
HABOOB means "Dust Storm"
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Oh, yes indeed!

Try it - Oh, wait you can't.

Get your letter of complaint off to them. :thumbup:

-F_D

jacques kotze
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Nelspruit
Vehicle: 2,8 4x4 Auto Fortuner. 2,8 4x4 Hilux singlecab.

Post by jacques kotze »

Family_Dog wrote:Oh, yes indeed!

Try it - Oh, wait you can't.

Get your letter of complaint off to them. :thumbup:

-F_D
If they're gonna discontinue it, ask for the recipe, you never know they might just give it to you.
chopper

Post by chopper »

Thought the world was really ending when I opened up the "active" topics and observed all the trokkies being offered for sale - until I realised its just Shorty looking for 1 :wth: :lol:
Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vioolsdrift
Vehicle: 2010 4.0 V6 Fortuner 4x4
Club VHF Licence: N/A

Post by Froll »

Saw this pic on facebook, they say they buy this stuff at a SA shop in Perth. Maybe you can move there for some. :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Attachments
21.jpg
21.jpg (51.57 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Hmmm... Might have to consider that, but I do not like the Austrilian accent ;)

Also available in Gabs, Botswana, according to one of my "Seekers".

Some kind soul on the 4x4CF found 7 boxes for me in Krugersdorp and bought the lot on my behalf!

Alien, were you sleeping? Too busy chasing Martians - isn't this your stomping ground?

But guys keep searching - 7 boxes will only just do 7 weeks if I stretch it out nicely.

-F_D

bduk
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Cullinan
Vehicle: Ford :Toyota
Club VHF Licence: HC237

Post by bduk »

You see FD thats what happens when you keep all the lekker things for yorself. If you shared with us we might have liked it and have more reason to fight but now i dont know what im fighting for.
Wat ek is is net genade
Wat ek het is net geleen
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

I will do a search here in the Southern Cape :thumbup: How many boxes for a VHF?
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

I normally keep quiet about things I like, that way there should be more for me... :shh: :mrgreen:

George, one cannot put a price on these rusks :lol: :lol:

-F_D

GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Post by GI Jane »

Eric, not that keen on rusks because of the yucky chunky lumps that left in your coffee after dunking them. I did try those marmalade ones once, and must confess I did'nt like them. But wish you all the best in your endeavor to change the course of history...
Bugzy
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Rustenburg
Vehicle: 2015 Hilux S/C 4X4 Dakar1996 2.8D s/c 4x4 Hilux with 3CT Toyota motor
Club VHF Licence: X56

Post by Bugzy »

Family_Dog wrote:I normally keep quiet about things I like, that way there should be more for me... :shh: :mrgreen:

George, one cannot put a price on these rusks :lol: :lol:

-F_D
Eric, kry die resep by hulle en ek sal vir jou bak :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ali3n
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: Jeep Commander 3.0 Limited
Club VHF Licence: B338

Post by Ali3n »

Family_Dog wrote:Hmmm... Might have to consider that, but I do not like the Austrilian accent ;)

Also available in Gabs, Botswana, according to one of my "Seekers".

Some kind soul on the 4x4CF found 7 boxes for me in Krugersdorp and bought the lot on my behalf!

Alien, were you sleeping? Too busy chasing Martians - isn't this your stomping ground?
But guys keep searching - 7 boxes will only just do 7 weeks if I stretch it out nicely.

-F_D
Oops, sorry Oom Eric. Not anymore unfortunately but I tell you what! I will look for it wherever I go and will take up a collection for you. After all, it seems to me that not many peoply like tha marmalade that much. :twisted:
PRESENTLY DISADVANTAGED
ImageImageImage Link BrokenImageImage Link Broken
Custom built Rock Sliders, Bumpers, Belly protection.... Anything you can think of
Cell: 076 122 3744 E-Mail: fpanaino@gmail.com
Bear Grylls calls it "Ultimate Survival", overlanders call it "Camping"
Family_Dog

Post by Family_Dog »

Well, my seven boxes have arrived in Klerksdorp, just have to go fetch them from the other side of town. Unfortunately I decided to cycle to work today (Andy - Shurrup!!) so that will probably only be tomorrow, before the kind soul who brought them for me develops a liking for them as well :)

Hmmm... :think: nope, cannot take that chance. I will fetch them this evening. :celebrate:

-F_D

Froll
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vioolsdrift
Vehicle: 2010 4.0 V6 Fortuner 4x4
Club VHF Licence: N/A

Post by Froll »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Return to “Open Discussion”