Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '02 'Lux KZ
Club VHF Licence: x223

Re: 9th Nov Zone 7 AAWDC fun day

Post by Thabogrobler »

Sounds good, but you know the pic rule!
'02 KZ 'Lux. Cooled. Chipped. Onca'd. Cherished!

If you are a diesel fan, raise your hand.
If you aren't raising your hand, raise your standards!

A 4x4 is merely a machine that enables you to get stuck further away from civilization.
Ultred
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Heidelberg
Vehicle: '00 Hilux 2.7i D/Cab IFS.
Club VHF Licence: HC108

Post by Ultred »

Well done guys and gals. Now for some pics of those in action. :clap: :clap: :clap: :wave: :wave: :wave:
I MAY GET LOST, BUT NO WAY IN HELL WILL I GET STUCK
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

A very very BIG congrats to you guys that organised the event :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
Everything went very smooth
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
legend35
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilux 2700i
Club VHF Licence: HC262

Post by legend35 »

Well done all of you :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
2004 Hilux 2700i 4x4 Legend 35
ImageImageImageImage
Cowley branch and freeflow,long range tank,dual battery system,home made front and rear bumpers.
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

A huge and resounding congratulations on a job very well done guys and gals. We thank for holding our name up high and is in deed an honor to be associated with such a awe inspiring bunch of people.
To God be the glory
mossie89
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Paarl
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux D/C 4x4 4.0 v6

Post by mossie89 »

Dont worry gays Kobus took a lot of pics, I mean a lot! So watch this space :celebrate:
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

Congrats on what by all accounts was an awesome event! Well done! :thumbup: :thumbup:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

Post by Hilux 1 »

Very well done to all who help on the day.
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

Post by GI Jane »

Eventually I am back home and can get to give some feedback on an absolutely amazing event day, but in fact more like a few days.. I am sooooo proud to be a member of this club and so blessed by the absolutely amazing bunch of people, co-members that all pulled together to make this event so successful. One of the best events I have ever attended, the spirit amongst the clubs that participated was brilliant, and the army of hilux members worked like an army of ants pulling the day together. I am almost too afraid to mention names because it would be criminal to miss one of the ant army out. But you know who you are. The planning committee and those non planning committee members that pitched on the days when we needed all hands on deck. We had them and many of them. You did your club proud. The feedback from members of the AAWDC has been really positive, and the response from the teams that participated, has been fantastic.

Thanks to 4x4 direct that sponsored Tshirts for the Hilux club members so we were the best looking of the bunch and easily identifiable as we all went about our jobs. I cannot remember when last I was that exhausted. I was too scared too sit down later in the day, because I was'nt sure that I would be able to start moving again. Thanks guys and wives that were present....
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.

Post by GI Jane »

I do have some photo's of the day before the event as they were starting to setup the gigrig and the teams arrived to start building their obstacles. I tried to get my camera out of my Hilux on a number of occasions, but it seemed to make the radio I was carrying go off and I had to go and deal with some situation, so eventually gave that up as a bad idea. Thanks Kobus for being our on site photographer for the day, amongst the many other duties you landed up doing...
X-Dors
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: Pajero Sport 3.2

Post by X-Dors »

GI Jane wrote:I do have some photo's of the day before the event as they were starting to setup the gigrig and the teams arrived to start building their obstacles. I tried to get my camera out of my Hilux on a anumber of occasions, but it seemed to make the radio I was carrying go off and I had to go and deal with some situation, so eventually gave that up as a bad idea. Thanks Kobus for being our on site photographer for the day, amongst the many other duties you landed up doing...
It is a great pleasure Val . Did you got the photo's from Pieter ?
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Post by pietpetoors »

Oooops, ons het so lekker gekuier ons het vergeet om die fotos oor te laai

A very big thank you to all the guys from the Hilux club who were there to help with the best AAWDC event so far.

Also a great thanks to the guys who worked very hard organizing it, you guys and girls are great.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
X-Dors
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Vehicle: Pajero Sport 3.2

Post by X-Dors »

pietpetoors wrote:
Oooops, ons het so lekker gekuier ons het vergeet om die fotos oor te laai

A very big thank you to all the guys from the Hilux club who were there to help with the best AAWDC event so far.

Also a great thanks to the guys who worked very hard organizing it, you guys and girls are great.
Pieter sal jy dan sommer asb n paar op sit. asb. En ek moet ook se julle is n lekker span mense om saam te werk . Ek dink ander clubs kan by julle kom leer hoe om n ding reg en lekker te doen. . :thumbup:
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Ooops.. Pieter jy sal moet foto's laai :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: ..... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thursday evening we had an wonderful get together at Tertius home where we packed goodie bags, final arrangements, braai'd met one of our newest members, and had a great evening. Thanks Tertius and family for the hospitality, as always really another home from home. Then it was off home or camping, for a good nights sleep before the physical work started....

The gig rig arrived the next day...
day before setup.jpg
(136.96 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
Allan supervised the unhitching and placing of the gig rig...
day before setup 1.jpg
(123.72 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
The little boy that lives at the venue, attached himself to me for the day, and become our assistant..... He was about 7 and proved he was up to the task of assisting us by showing me his muscles...
day before setup 2.jpg
(87.09 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
Pieter decided to assist the guy manning the gig rig to set up the tent.....He obviously does not have issues with heights....
day before setup 3.jpg
(104.66 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
Allan hand to go back to town to pick up 100 chairs because the gig rig arrived without them..

When he had a gap, he got a bit of 4x4 direct work done..
day before setup 4.jpg
(99.05 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
Fred from the AAWDC
day before setup 5.jpg
(109.9 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
And then slowly the setup teams started arriving to prepare their obstacles....
day before setup 6.jpg
(109.76 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
day before setup 7.jpg
(109.02 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

day before setup 8.jpg
(116.87 KiB) Downloaded 620 times
day before setup 9.jpg
(122.79 KiB) Downloaded 620 times
day before setup 10.jpg
(163.21 KiB) Downloaded 620 times
Eventually the gig rig was setup, Allan arrived back with chairs and all the items he needed to collect, the setup teams left, and we were able to go back to the campsite.....

I got my grubby little hands on some led candles and decided to change the appearance of the campsite....

I lit up the vehicles,
Campsite Xmas.jpg
(94.4 KiB) Downloaded 620 times
I lit up our tents....
Campsite Xmas 1.jpg
(82.64 KiB) Downloaded 620 times
Campsite Xmas 2.jpg
(69.47 KiB) Downloaded 620 times
and I lit up the Xmas tree....
Campsite Xmas 3.jpg
(70.08 KiB) Downloaded 620 times
And thats all from me.... Oops... yes the campsite photo's are ALL BLURRED..... No... not because I had too many glasses of wine, but because it was dark, and handheld because I did not take a tripod along with me....
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

And thats all from me.... Oops... yes the campsite photo's are ALL BLURRED..... No... not because I had too many glasses of wine, but because it was dark, and handheld because I did not take a tripod along with me....
Ja JA.We will stick to that story
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

george wrote:
Ja JA.We will stick to that story
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

OK, here are some pics mostly taken by Kobus and kie, thanx Kobus
Getting ready
Getting ready
getting-ready (1).JPG (136.26 KiB) Viewed 3607 times
Getting ready2
Getting ready2
getting-ready (2).JPG (146.57 KiB) Viewed 3607 times
Getting ready3
Getting ready3
getting-ready (3).JPG (103.25 KiB) Viewed 3607 times
Pre trail
Pre trail
pre-trail (1).JPG (137.07 KiB) Viewed 3606 times
Pre trail2
Pre trail2
pre-trail (2).JPG (139.37 KiB) Viewed 3606 times
The rest to follow......soon :cooldude:
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

aawdc-cape-2013(5).JPG
Hilux club 2
(71.92 KiB) Downloaded 604 times

aawdc-cape-2013(8)---Copy.jpg
aawdc 2103
(99.43 KiB) Downloaded 604 times

aawdc-cape-2013(18)---Copy.jpg
Hilux
(93.92 KiB) Downloaded 604 times
aawdc-cape-2013(19)---Copy.jpg
Val
(68.92 KiB) Downloaded 604 times

pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Price Giving
Price Giving
price-giving (1).JPG (119.36 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
Price Giving2
Price Giving2
price-giving (2).JPG (116.74 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
Price Giving3
Price Giving3
price-giving (3).JPG (114.81 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
Price Giving4
Price Giving4
price-giving (4).JPG (127.58 KiB) Viewed 3600 times
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Tsumeb
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux2.2 ---1987 Hilux D/C Hella 1000, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Good Year M/TR, Warn Winch, STK bullbar, Extended shacles, Kenwood VHF-SOLD

Post by Hi-Hilux »

Lyk sommer baie lekker!
Is gebed jou spaarwiel of jou stuurwiel?
'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it ONCE'
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Post by Mud Dog »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Keep them coming! ;-)
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Gysie, thank you for arranging the radio's for the day. It made our lives easier on the day...
Gysie
Events Coordinator
Events Coordinator
Vehicle: Toyota

Post by Gysie »

No Probs Tannie Val!

Congrats to all of you ! you really made us proud to be part of such a big family.

Big up to all of you !!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Life does not consist of the cards you are dealt but in how you play the cards you are dealt!

http://www.gomad4x4.co.za
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I think it was a HUGE success, and a BIG Thank-You to to everyone that helped, and we have to give a special round of applause to the following in no specific order;
Gerrie for all the designing and printing and the help on obstacles and on the day, Gerrie is one of those guys that doesn't say much but always gets the job done, thanks Gerrie, maybe one day i can afford to employ you.
Tertius for all the sponsors, prizes, braais etc. a job well done, it was one of my main concerns and he sorted it out, i know many hours went into it, thanks Tertius.
Val, yes what can i say, i'm not a paperwork person, i do stuff, not paper, Val was priceless in sorting out the paperwork, e-mails and all the small details we men tend to forget, and all that with a smile, Thanks Val
Thys for all your help, input and expertise, and being the "Forced" Clark of the course for the day Thanks Thys.
Suzette for the printing and all the smaal things and putting up with with me when i'm in "Stress Mode".
Ashley for kicking our butts every week and for stressing Val out, you were the DRIVING force behind all this.
Pieter for all the prizes and for pushing me into the deep end, i think we did the Hilux Club and Forum proud, thanks Pieter
And then a big thank you for all the forum members that just pitched in to help with the planning, preparation and tasks on the day, everytime i need someone for a task, i walk into a forum member and they just did it without thinking twice, what a nice crowd to work with, thank you.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by Hoppy on Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
CasKru
Town: Benoni
Vehicle: '94 Hilux Raider 2.4i (22RE) DC 4x4
Club VHF Licence: B15

Post by CasKru »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
To God be the glory
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

Some threads with more pics and posts;

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/sho ... 151&page=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.facebook.com/groups/192081344186323/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
aev@iburst.co.za
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
Hilux 1
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: 2011 Raider 4x4 Double cab 4.0 V6
Club VHF Licence: HC137

Post by Hilux 1 »

Hoppy wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I think it was a HUGE success, and a BIG Thank-You to to everyone that helped, and we have to give a special round of applause to the following in no specific order;
Gerrie for all the designing and printing and the help on obstacles and on the day, Gerrie is one of those guys that doesn't say much but always gets the job done, thanks Gerrie, maybe one day i can afford to employ you.
Tertius for all the sponsors, prizes, braais etc. a job well done, it was one of my main concerns and he sorted it out, i know many hours went into it, thanks Tertius.
Val, yes what can i say, i'm not a paperwork person, i do stuff, not paper, Val was priceless in sorting out the paperwork, e-mails and all the small details we men tend to forget, and all that with a smile, Thanks Val
Thys for all your help, input and expertise, and being the "Forced" Clark of the course for the day Thanks Thys.
Suzette for the printing and all the smaal things and putting up with with me when i'm in "Stress Mode".
Ashley for kicking our butts every week and for stressing Val out, you were the DRIVING force behind all this.
Pieter for all the prizes and for pushing me into the deep end, i think we did the Hilux Club and Forum proud, thanks Pieter
And then a big thank you for all the forum members that just pitched in to help with the planning, preparation and tasks on the day, everytime i need someone for a task, i walk into a forum member and they just did it without thinking twice, what a nice crowd to work with, thank you.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
yes a BIG thank you too all.
Alex Powrie
Vehicle: N/A

Post by Alex Powrie »

Baie dankie almal :thumbup: . it was an amazing day. :clap: Definitely looking forward to the next one. :smile:
here are a few photos of the day.
Attachments
4x4-funday--hill.jpg
(128.88 KiB) Downloaded 514 times
Boetie-Juan.jpg
(118.47 KiB) Downloaded 514 times
4x4-funday--towing.jpg
(122.75 KiB) Downloaded 514 times
4x4-fun-day.jpg
4x4-fun-day.jpg (78.86 KiB) Viewed 3509 times
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Hey Alex, thank for the pictures,..... Was great to see you again this weekend. Thanks a ton for the too die for deep fried tinkies drowned in chocolate dessert on Fri night. Hugs....
Last edited by GI Jane on Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThysdJ
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Pieter? George? Julle sal moet werk aan Alex.. hy neem net Patrols, Jeeps en Land Rovers af... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

en vir Boetie
Ek dink die res van die fotos was die girls gewees.
Tenk
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Hilux Country
Vehicle: 07 hilux dc 4L v6 manuel, alu canopy, rock/s, full ome sport, Hoppy s/s custom exhaust, 33 grabber muds, compressor, exstra 80L f/t, dual battery,body lift,redpepper bumper,custom sound with sub,afternarket touchscreen entertain unit, dynoteck chip 188kw

Post by Tenk »

Dit was n kwaai dag, en was ook trots om deel te wees van die span as n nuweling. Dankie aan almal wat betrokke was op welke manier ook al. X Dors, dankie vir die twee koues later die dag, dit het lekker af gegaan. :taunt: Hier is n paar pics.
Attachments
hf1.jpg
hf1.jpg (151.28 KiB) Viewed 3331 times
ThysdJ
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Post by ThysdJ »

Tenk wrote: Hier is n paar pics.
I hate to be the one to break this to you.. maar 'n paar is 2.... daar is net 1 foto?? jy skuld ons Pierre!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Op daai selfde noot... Is jy seker dit was 2 koues wat jy by Kobus gekry het en nie dalk meer nie?? :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Tenk
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Hilux Country
Vehicle: 07 hilux dc 4L v6 manuel, alu canopy, rock/s, full ome sport, Hoppy s/s custom exhaust, 33 grabber muds, compressor, exstra 80L f/t, dual battery,body lift,redpepper bumper,custom sound with sub,afternarket touchscreen entertain unit, dynoteck chip 188kw

Post by Tenk »

Ha ha hoop nie dit het so gelyk nie. Hier is die res, kyk hoe vergelyk die twee cruisers.
hf7.jpg
hf7.jpg (142.33 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
hf9.jpg
hf9.jpg (169.36 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
hf8.jpg
hf8.jpg (178.1 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
hf6.jpg
hf6.jpg (142.77 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
hf10.jpg
hf10.jpg (166.08 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
hf3.jpg
hf3.jpg (179.43 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
Cleaner
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4l V6 4x4 Auto
Club VHF Licence: X31

Post by Cleaner »

Good work guys! Looks like an awesome day altogether! Well done!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
ImageImageImage
"Every loaf of bread is tragic story of grains that could've become beer, but didn't. - Walter Thornburgh"
"The best cure for Sea Sickness, is to sit under a tree. - Spike Milligan"
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Hoppy »

Oupa en Boeta, goeie foto, jy kan sien waar kom hy vandaan. Daai ou cruiser het maar 16 000 myl op, hy het hom self van Australie af ingevoer.
aev@iburst.co.za
pietpetoors

Post by pietpetoors »

Ek dink ook daai is 'n great foto, baie goed raakgesien

Return to “Western Cape”