Dadz Toy RFI Enterprises

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Dadz Toy RFI Enterprises

Post by george »

Looks like the RFI workshop is getting more and more experienced nê :P
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
King Rat
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: Hilux

Re: Time for a new engine?

Post by King Rat »

George that should be BFi workshop surely?
Datsun GX Coupe 1200
99 Subaru Legacy GT
07 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6

Lampropeltis getula californiae, Orthriophis taeniura friesi, Morelia spilota, Python brongersmai, Epicrates chenchria maurus, Python regius
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

george wrote:Looks like the RFI workshop is getting more and more experienced nê :P
Georgey

Wori nê :P

All roads lead to Sheila met RFi (Under licence to BH) :D:

JohanM might join the Surgical Team; he's very experienced with the Fi Scalpel :o: :P
Last edited by Dadz Toy BFI on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
King Rat
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by King Rat »

What is RFi hey?
Datsun GX Coupe 1200
99 Subaru Legacy GT
07 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6

Lampropeltis getula californiae, Orthriophis taeniura friesi, Morelia spilota, Python brongersmai, Epicrates chenchria maurus, Python regius
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

Hey Coenie,dont be stadig man.
RICH(as in dadz toys) Fuel Injection thingy :twisted:
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

I've got say George I'm a bikkie woried about your motor setup and how it will perform met EFi :?

Do you have the "Great Guru's Cam" that 4xtech put in their troublesome EFi Conversions :?:

Maybe Bretton can be the guinea pig here and put AEW'd Cam in his, thus we'll see the results and get good maps before cutting open Sheila :idea:

Rich
Last edited by Dadz Toy BFI on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
King Rat
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by King Rat »

george wrote:Hey Coenie,dont be stadig man.
Sorry George, I think of Rich as in 'Dadz Toy' and not as Rich. :oops: But this is good news! I hoeka want to EFi (RFi) my engine as I can get a Fi manifold for the Frod. And I know this system is a proven one but was not available in CT.Rich, do Sheila and then I will ask you for early next year for my humble lump. :D
Datsun GX Coupe 1200
99 Subaru Legacy GT
07 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6

george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

Code: Select all

I've got say George I'm a bikkie woried about your motor setup and how it will perform met EFi  

Do you have the "Great Guru's Cam" that 4xtech put in their troublesome EFi Conversions 
Dont worry man.I have the cam that Allan do.nice low down torqe.I do not have the racing cam that Bretton had.
Coenie we must do it together.Than we can share some cost
Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

King Rat wrote:
george wrote:Hey Coenie,dont be stadig man.
Sorry George, I think of Rich as in 'Dadz Toy' and not as Rich. :oops: But this is good news! I hoeka want to EFi (RFi) my engine as I can get a Fi manifold for the Frod. And I know this system is a proven one but was not available in CT.Rich, do Sheila and then I will ask you for early next year for my humble lump. :D
Funny you should mention it :o: :o:

I told Georgey that I'm prepared to do Sheila BUT only if we can find another Victim ooops, I mean Volunteer, it'll be more time cost effective for us to do two EFi's at the same time nê :Geek:

Besides, met se Live Up Link to Pretoria and ol' Bennie's remote expertise comes at a Premium :P

Also the Elite Team of Surgeons will be coming from around the Globe:

Rich - fresh from 'Ol Blighty
JohanM - Tswane
Bretton - The North
Nurse Minky - FHM Country (purely for Translasie Services verstaan)
Master Bennie - Remotely from the Comfort of his Couch

21st Century Technology hey :mrgreen:

Rich
Last edited by Dadz Toy BFI on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Rat
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by King Rat »

Cool stuff, George, I'll see what the budget allows and then we must make a plan for next year.
Nurse Minky - FHM Country (purely for Translasie Services verstaan)
Gie gie gie :oops:
Datsun GX Coupe 1200
99 Subaru Legacy GT
07 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6

Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

It'll probably be wiser to do the 1st Surgery on Identical Motors cos:

The RFi is the BFi Package (under License) that consists of:

1. The Diktator ECU and Dicktator TP Igniter
2. Bennie's Dizzy - Exclusively available from BenHur by Mail Order
3. VW Idle Control Valve
4. I.A.T. Sensor ex. Camry
5. Bennie's Library of Maps
6. Toyota EFi Manifold, fuel rail and plenum - ex Japan 100 thou' Km motors
7. Rich's Mandatory Vacuum Gague (Ex. SikorskY) :roll:

The above package is presently proven for the Toy/Korean 4Y and 2.4 only.

Bennie has just done a Dastbin; maybe he can tell us how different this conv' was and his views on how a Ford V6 might pan-out :idea:

Can I suggest that we look at doing a ToyFord only after lotsa lotsa research nê. Then maybe find a 2nd one to do simultaneously :idea: :wink:

From what I understand it'd be pretty darn difficult to "blow a healthy mouter" just by EFi ' ing it. That's more the result of aggressive Dyno'ing nê :x

Fortunately we do have the advantage of delving into Bennie's Library of 4y and 2.4 maps :P

Maybe there's a Cape Town based 4Y Forum owner that would like to talk to George about taking the EFi plunge in 2009 :?:

Piesang comes to mind, but I'm not sure how a Banana would peel with EFi mos :o: :lol: :wink:

Rich

Ps. I'm wiring a Dicktator on a 1980's BMW 323i ragtop in January '09; so that's the real Guinea Pig (Pheeew :roll: ) :P
Last edited by Dadz Toy BFI on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
King Rat
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by King Rat »

And here I started getting all exited :cry:
I know naught of EFi systems, I'll have to go to someone who knows these things. You mentioned 4Xtech? Have they done any EFI's on Frods and where can I get hold of them to ask:?:
Datsun GX Coupe 1200
99 Subaru Legacy GT
07 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6

Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

King Rat wrote:And here I started getting all exited :cry:
I know naught of EFi systems, I'll have to go to someone who knows these things. You mentioned 4Xtech? Have they done any EFI's on Frods and where can I get hold of them to ask:?:
You can try Wessels, but he seems to be well and truly off the Radar nê :roll:
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by george »

Coenie why do you want to EFI :?: :shock: .Do you need more power :?:
King Rat
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by King Rat »

Dadz Toy BFI wrote: The guy in question is a "Great Thinking Outside of The Square" - a rare talent; wish we had more people like him on this Forum :P

He very rarely comes on the Forum these days so you could try PM ing him his Forum naam is: 4xtech his real name is Wessels.
Nice, Wessels should then be able to help with the Frod WFi. :D :D
george wrote:Coenie why do you want to EFI .Do you need more power
I don't think EFi will give my engine a lot more power as they tend not to from a Weber to EFi as there is no better carbs than Webers as carbs go. But the fuel usage should be much better and the torque/power curves should be better and the delivery smoother.
Datsun GX Coupe 1200
99 Subaru Legacy GT
07 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6

Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

King Rat wrote:
I don't think EFi will give my engine a lot more power as they tend not to from a Weber to EFi as there is no better carbs than Webers as carbs go. But the fuel usage should be much better and the torque/power curves should be better and the delivery smoother.
Yep spot on :P

Though you might battle to do Trails with other non-lux big mouter Vans, I imagine you'd be constantly squinting in your rear-view mirror, "where they go..." :shock: :shock: :wink:

Let's hope young Bennie will give his 2cw on this subject as I know that Wessels is a Go-tech man ONLY, so I rekon he'd have little contribution to make if you favour a Dicktator Fi :Geek:
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

My 2cw? :? :? :?

My head is spinning.

At the end of the day doing the fuelling part of the EFI is not that difficult. Ford / 4Y / whatever - just more injectors.

If you can use an existing EFI intake from a Ford V6 it will bolt righ on and work well. A decently installed fuel pump set up and Bob's your uncle. Other things like the IAT sensor and the ICV (also try asking for a ISV as the VW guys call them Idle Stabelizing Valves) stays the same.

The big head ache is to get your dizzy done properly. Here I can not really offer advice. If you are willing to get an engineering shop to do the mechanical mods to your dizzy the slotted switch setup may be the easiest the v6's case. You can use a OHB900 (http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet- ... HB900.html) slotted hall pick up with a chopper wheel. Look at the article of Bulldogs Dizzy.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1172&p=20891&#p20891
King Rat
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by King Rat »

Sjoe Bennie, I understand mechanical stuff quite well but electroinics makes my head plat. :oops:

I'm sure me and Rich,him being in the eletronic business, will be able to make a plan with the dizzy and some of the other stuff as I heard that his friend Wessels had a yellow Jeep with a Ford V6 in that had EFi. :mrgreen: But I'll rather use the Dicktator Fi as this is something Rich knows? :D:
Datsun GX Coupe 1200
99 Subaru Legacy GT
07 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6

Dadz Toy BFI

Post by Dadz Toy BFI »

King Rat wrote:Sjoe Bennie, I understand mechanical stuff quite well but electronics makes my head plat. :oops:

....................But I'll rather use the Dicktator Fi as this is something Rich knows? :D:
Take a look at this:

http://www.dicktator.co.za/downloads/DI ... 0GUIDE.PDF

I'm sure your Programmer's grey matter will take to this 100% :P

My tired old grey matter took three evenings to register before I learnt to get down and dirty with the Dicky's Lingo, Bretton (another Programmer type :roll: ) took to it like an old hand; and that was without even reading the Manual nê :shock:

I'm a hands on wires and bolts n' nuts man, the algorithmic stuff is not my bag, but I follow it and live by the premise;

"the ONLY thing that's 'Rocket Science'..... IS Rocket Science " :!: :P

Bennie's EFi Posts over the past year persuaded me to put my trust in Dicktator, the rest as they say

Is History :D: :mrgreen: :D: :mrgreen:

Rich
Last edited by Dadz Toy BFI on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Rat
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers

Post by King Rat »

Cool, thanks, I'll have to study a bit it seems. 8) :lol:
Datsun GX Coupe 1200
99 Subaru Legacy GT
07 Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6

Return to “The Workshop”