Carb and driveshaft

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
Bergskilpad
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Centurion
Vehicle: 1986 Hilux 4x4 SFA single cab

Carb and driveshaft

Post by Bergskilpad »

Dag almal.

Is daar enige iemand wat weet wat is die fabriek jet grootes vir die Nikki op die 4Y's? Haynes manual stipuleer niks. En dalk waar ek n oorspronklike kit kan kry. Toyota het die kits gediscontinue.

Tweede vraag is wat is die ideale propshaft angle op n geligde SFA. Het die Mikem comfort packs in. Trok is BAIE hoër as standaard. Ek ondervind n vibrasie as ek bietjie vinnig wegtrek in eerste en dan weer teen om en by 80km/h. Die U joints en center bearing is 100% en altyd geghries. Kan dit moontlik help as ek die center bearing laat sak?

Enige iemand wat dit al ervaar het en/of raad het, ek sal dit baie waardeer. :thumbup:
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: Carb and driveshaft

Post by Family_Dog »

Jan, apologies I am replying in English. I can't help you on the Nikki jet sizes, but I can provide guidance on the front propshaft of my 4Y after having fitted OME raised suspension.

Propshaft Centre in Klerksdorp advised there is too much strain on the front prop-shaft with the raised suspension, so they "manufactured" a new p/s for me, using the original splines and fitting to a longer shaft. I have absolutely no vibration problems at any speed so it definitely worked for me.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Bergskilpad
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Bergskilpad »

Hi Family_Dog.

Thanks for the reply. My issue is with the rear prop. As far as I know the prop should be as close as possible to a straight line. My prop from the center bearing to the diff is at quite an angle. Do you think if I drop down the bearing it would make a difference?
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Post by Family_Dog »

Are you sure the bearing just does not need replacement? I think the bearings are known to cause vibration. If you replace it, ensure that the two shafts are replaced in exactly the same relative locations as when they were removed, to ensure correct balance.

I think your best solution is to let a propshaft place test for balance of your propshaft, the vibration is definitely caused by imbalance or the centre bearing, assuming your tyres are all balanced.

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Bergskilpad
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Bergskilpad »

Think that is a good place to start. Guess I can't complain since it is still the factory shaft and has already done 227 000km. Thanks Family_Dog. Will see if I can source the jet sizes for the carb and then share it with the Hilux family here, incase someone needs it. :thumbup:
Bear
Low Range 4WD
Low Range 4WD
Town: Johannesburg
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 2200 Raider D/Cab 4x4 - SFA

Post by Bear »

Hi Jan
Try SP Carbs - 0119701861. They are in Kempton Park. They know the Nikki carbs very well and do have kits for them as well.
Travel is not really about leaving our homes, but leaving our habits.
Adventure tends to magnify all human emotions.
It's only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves - in finding themselves.
Bergskilpad
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD

Post by Bergskilpad »

Hi Ricky
Thanks. I will give them a shout. :thumbup:

Return to “The Workshop”