Another sad day

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
Mud Dog
Town: East London
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.
Club VHF Licence: HC103

Another sad day

Post by Mud Dog »

Our Tazz was swiped last night. Went past my boet's place, was there for about ½ an hour, came out to find my car missing. :(
What a sinking feeling ... reported it straight away, even had it anounced on local radio, but I think that too much time has lapsed now .... it could be anywhere. AND I had just filled fuel an hour before! :evil:
When your road comes to an end ...... you need a HILUX!.

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
Don't take life too seriously ..... no-one gets out alive.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
And be yourself ..... everyone else is taken!
Family_Dog
Town: Klerksdorp
Vehicle: Hilux DC SFA, Hilux 2.7 DC, Hilux 2.7 SC, Prado 95 VX
Club VHF Licence: HC101

Re: Another sad day

Post by Family_Dog »

Bad luck Andy, very sorry to hear this. Holding thumbs that you do get it back again :(

-F_D

White Fang: 1999 2.7i DC Raider 4x4
Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2.2 DC 4x4
Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4
Hound Dog: 2000 2.7i SC 4x4

One Staffie, One Jack Russell, One Ring Neck Screecher, 17 Fish of questionable heritage

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Ag no! I'm really sorry to hear you lost a family member... hopefully insured!

I'm so paranoid that someone is going to nick my lux, I've got one or two anti-theft tricks I do to extra immobilise my lux... I'll post a pic or 2 sometime!

Good luck with finding a worthy replacement!

B :thumbdown:
Mud Dog
Vehicle: '90 SFA Hilux DC 4X4, Full OME, 110mm lift. Brospeed branch, 50mm ss freeflow exhaust. 30 x 9.5 Discoverer S/T's on Viper mags. L/R tank. (AWOL) '98 LTD 2.4 SFA, dual battery system. Dobinson suspension, LR tanks, 31" BF mud's.

Post by Mud Dog »

Thanks guys, yeah, there a few little extra tricks like a fuel shutoff under the dash or something similar, but the thing is that one just needs to become complacent or lazy one time at the wrong time, and it's all in vain.
Oh well, C'est la Vie. It may still come back, .... here's hoping. We were going to go away for a few days .... don't feel like it now. :(

Life is like a jar of Jalapeño peppers ... what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow.
It's not about waiting for storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
2.8 d/cab SFA
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Boksburg
Vehicle: Yamaha R1

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

:thumbdown: that really sucks,
Tried twice to steal my lux, not succesful, so I can only only imagine what it must be like to go where you parked and find nothing.
John
Real Trucks Don't Have Sparkplugs!
ImageImage
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

I had three attempts on my work Lux .... alll within the space of 2 weeks, but fortunately they never got it right. The cops told me that there must have been an 'order' for my van. Apparently a lot of this activity is syndicated. They have spotters, even take pics, get orders and commission someone to do the dirty. Flippin fine state of affairs! :x

2.8 d/cab SFA

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

:evil: East London is bad because of the old homelands so close. I used to stay there, my dad used to worked for ESKOM, they stole the toyotas right out of the depot by the stutterheim turnoff.
Boksburg the police have warned that the syndicates are targeting old cars etc. as they do not have the sofisticated alarms etc. I think that is why my lux they tried twice, but were chased away as it has the motion detector. The old ones only have the switch on the doors. The broke the small triangle window and wound down the driver window, *&^% the ignition up, and then the alarm went off, I presume when they tried to climb in. This is in a complex, so they are brave. They also tried to steal an old elantra.
John
ImageImage
Niel
Vehicle: 2014, DC, D4D 3.0, 4x4

Post by Niel »

sorry to hear Andy :thumbdown:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Thanks guys, but what a way to start the Easter weekend. My heart is heavy, but I'm begining to resign myself to the idea that I won't see her again. That would be a pity, she was a '97 model but in really good nick. Not a rattle, nor a squeak, and even with 170k on the clock did'nt use oil, Now she's probably going to get the battering and bruising of her life, even after both my kids learned to drive in her. :(
Yeah, right now I'm a little deflated ..... but hey, I'll bounce back, I always do. :)

Andries
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Dordrecht
Vehicle: '94 2.2 4Y Hilux S/C, '87 2.2 4Y Hilux D/C

Post by Andries »

Die Bliksems.Ek dink ons moet hulle goed ook begin steel. :oops: :oops:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

I've already had a number of offers from mates to do (you don't want to know) to the guy/s if they catch them before the cops do. But that's not the way, even if we find them per chance ... emotion defeats reason, mostly to your own disadvantage.

bosjakkals
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Harrismith
Vehicle: 97 Hilux SFA ,31 BF's, Bullbar,Warn winch, Hunting frame, 2 spare wheels, Long range tank, High lift jack, Gearmax rear locker diff, Suspension unknown but very soft)

Post by bosjakkals »

En petrol is so dam duur :?

CJ
03 - Cruiser 105 GX
97 - Hilux 2.4 D/C -
05 - Pajero 3.2 DID SWB ( Ma se kar)
01-Prado 3.0 d (Gesien -Geniet - GEROL))
2.8 d/cab SFA

Post by 2.8 d/cab SFA »

John
ImageImage
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

John, if I'm not mistaken, this device was later declared to be illegal because of the potential lethalness. It's aim was anti-hijack, and of course one cannot fit something like this as anti-theft since an 'innocent' may 'accidentally' trigger it. That 'innocent' could of course be yourself or a family member that forgets to de-activate it.

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

One of the ways I immobilise my lux is by removing the relay for the fuel pump and injectors(EFi model), it's accessible below the center console... no car thief runs around with a variety of relays in his kit! Then I've got a pedal lock, it stops a would be thief having access to the break, clutch and accelerator pedal, it's locked in place by a padlock... I'll post pics of it, if anyone is interested I'll measure it up so you guys can make yourself one... I haven't seen a car thief with an angle grinder in the kit!

B :thumbup:
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

I haven't seen a car thief with an angle grinder in the kit!
Bretton, some of the organised groups carry the battery powered mini grinders with them (often stolen as well). Not the order of the day yet, but it may still become a more popular piece of their kit. I've heard of gear-locks and steering locks being ground through. :(

Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by Mr_B »

Hopefully the noise of the angle grinder will alert someone! I've heard of car thieves towing away vehicles from train stations in CT, thats difficult to stop! Satelite tracking is probaly the best option and most successful!

B
BenHur
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Pretoria
Vehicle: '96 D/C Raider

Post by BenHur »

snipes wrote:One of the ways I immobilise my lux is by removing the relay for the fuel pump and injectors(EFi model), it's accessible below the center console... no car thief runs around with a variety of relays in his kit! Then I've got a pedal lock, it stops a would be thief having access to the break, clutch and accelerator pedal, it's locked in place by a padlock... I'll post pics of it, if anyone is interested I'll measure it up so you guys can make yourself one... I haven't seen a car thief with an angle grinder in the kit!

B :thumbup:
Hi Einstain

only need a piece of wire like a paper clip to bypass that one, but nonethe less if you broadcast all your secrets here, the wrong eyes may just see it.
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Hi Einstain
:lol: :lol:

..... or "iron stain" :D .... sorry Bretton :wink:

Scorpion
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Emmarentia
Vehicle: 1988 Hilux 4x4 D/C with more attitude than Mike Tyson

Post by Scorpion »

Mud Dog wrote:John, if I'm not mistaken, this device was later declared to be illegal because of the potential lethalness. It's aim was anti-hijack, and of course one cannot fit something like this as anti-theft since an 'innocent' may 'accidentally' trigger it. That 'innocent' could of course be yourself or a family member that forgets to de-activate it.
Unfortunately it was declared illegal. Can you imagine what a taxi speeding down the yellow lane would do if this device "accidentally" triggers just before he reaches your car... :wth: :twisted: :twisted: I would love one of those...
1988 Hilex D/C 4x4 (Import spec), Lexus V8; Marlin Crawler; Custom Suspension: front and new 4 link in the rear; Disc Brake conversion rear; 35" Cooper STT tyres; Xenon lights; Custom bullbar;Next? Aircon; new front seats, redo the whole interior in nice soft leather, Respray, Double Lockers
1978 Land Cruiser HJ45
1971 Mercedes Benz 280S Automatic
2011 Land Cruiser 79 V6 (60th Anniversary Edition)
Mud Dog

Post by Mud Dog »

Unfortunately it was declared illegal. Can you imagine what a taxi speeding down the yellow lane would do if this device "accidentally" triggers just before he reaches your car... I would love one of those...
Well you could go 007 with 50mm anti aircraft machine guns mounted behind the number-plates, or with hubs that entend outwards with shredder blades to cut their tyres, but I like the idea of an inobtrusive nozzle that sprays out a lekker oil slick together with a mean smoke generator like they use in the acrobatic aircraft Hopefully when they brake for the smoke, they'll loose it in the oil. Let's see them get out of that, with their vice-grip steering conversions and 2nd hand 'slicks'. :twisted:

Return to “Open Discussion”