1899 to 1902 The Boer War in South Africa

Discuss anything here as long as it is clean. Having a hard time with your Skoonma, tell us about it here, or discuss the Rugby. Whatever you feel like talking about.
SYRON CONVERSIONS
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Tamboekieland
Vehicle: SFA HILUX

1899 to 1902 The Boer War in South Africa

Post by SYRON CONVERSIONS »

I am not going to get into the whole drawn out history about this period in South Africa and who were fighting this war and for what reasons, because in any war, there are never any winners, however I am going to share with you all, various places that a few friends and myself have visited ove r the last few years, places that either The Boers or The British were fighting at or protecting against each other.

The first story covers The Forts that were built after The Boers left The Stormberg Junction which is a special railway junction, it was built in such a way that if a train had come from The Freestate, it could turn around and then head completely back to The Freestate facing foreward. Which made it this much more unique for the transporting of goods and soldiers, anyway this last weekend of the Sunday the 21st June 2009, Ronny and I decided to take a drive in my Hilux to visit the mountain above this junction called Rooi Kop, we had been told by various people that at the top of this mountain, cannon had been sighted by The British to protect this junction below, however we did not belive this as to get cannon up there would have been a very difficult task indeed, thus we phoned the farmer who ownes this farm and he gave us permission to exploy and drive on his farm, but he gave us instructions that no Boer War related items must be removed from his farm, if we saw something, we could pick it up but it had to be put back where we found it.

Thus to just give you an excellent unique photo to get your attention, here is the first pic that I am sure you will enjoy.
1992 Slightly Modified Hilux, 2008 VW Caddy panelvan work, 2010 Isuzu 2.5 td bakkie for work, a pair of big 'balloons' as well hanging at the rear of my Hilux

simoan
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Re: 1899 to 1902 The Boer War in South Africa

Post by Spartan »

You haven't got a wide aim from that shooting port and the same from the other side :wth:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Open Discussion”