2004 2700i Exhaust Replacement

Discuss modifications on your late 1998 to 2005 IFS Hilux here.
JohnBH
Town: Durban
Vehicle: Hilux 2700! DC 2x4

2004 2700i Exhaust Replacement

Post by JohnBH »

Hi All

I'm new to the forum but have enjoyed reading all the posts from you knowledgable people. I'm looking at replacing the exhaust system on my hilux, preferably with a more efficient one that will boost the torque and hopefully improve the fuel consumption. Are there any members who have done so successfully and can they please share their experiences with me. I'm Durban/Hillcrest based so local fitment centers will be useful. Also after doing the mod, what adjust ments were necessary to the Air/Fuel settings if any ?

Thanks in anticipation.
John.
OOOOMS
Top Web Wheeler
Top Web Wheeler

Re: 2004 2700i Exhaust Replacement

Post by OOOOMS »

Hi Johan and welcome to the Forum :thumbup: . Sure you will find this site pretty addictive as we all have. The guys here are very helpful and usually kind :!:

I know TNT Exhausts up here in JHB fit a good system with branches, however I can't find them in your area.

Good luck and enjoy!

Tell us more about your van ie. km, where it's been, condition, it's name, etc and a pic or two. :thumbup:
JohnBH

Post by JohnBH »

Hi 0000MS,

Thanks, I'm assuming somebody like SAC will be able to hekp me, but I'll wait a bit to see what other feedback I get from the forum first.

My Hilux is Stock Standard, so Pictures won't mean anything at this time. I got it out of the box in 2004 after trading an earlier Hilux S/C KZTE. I really love the truck, it's done 180 000k's with lots still to go. In the 6 years that I've had it, we've been all over SA with trips to Zim, Mocambique & frequent trips into Lesotho and the berg surrounds....never mist a beat ! If I could buy a new one just the same now I'd do it in a heartbeat ! It is a 2x4 but the Diff Lock & Great Clearance allow it to go most places. For the heavy stuff I have a 1998 Landrover Disco 300TDi Manual. Also a great beast ! with lots of miles in Botswana, Namibia & Angola....also utterly reliable, no fancy gadgets and maintained exclusively by myself.

The Landy guys rag me about owning 2 of the best vehicles around, especially the Hilux....but I tell them that I have to keep it for my day to day drive & also to tow the Disco when and if it ever breaks down !

Kind Regards, John.
Mr_B
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Honda Jazz

Post by Mr_B »

Hi John,

Many of us Cape Town based guys go to PowerFlow... we are blessed with Roddy's excellent knowledge and experience... try one of the KZN based PowerFlow branches...

http://www.powerflowexhausts.com/html/kzn.html

mr b
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

Brospeed builds a Toyota Aproved branch, adding a 57mm freeflow and Dastech chip can give 10 to 20% improvement in both power and economy depending on who does the tuning.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
chopper

Post by chopper »

Allan,
Took my KZ-TE to Dastek Pta for a Dyna-tune and I'm pretty happy with their service & the results
Considering the Uni-chip as a possible next move; if I "read" you correctly you support that? Any advice, do's or dont's?
Thanx
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

The Uni Chip is a good option, the engine can be optimized for max power and or performance.
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
legend35
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Springs
Vehicle: Hilux 2700i
Club VHF Licence: HC262

Post by legend35 »

I have a Cowley branch and freeflow and no difference.Next move is a chip.
2004 Hilux 2700i 4x4 Legend 35
ImageImageImageImage
Cowley branch and freeflow,long range tank,dual battery system,home made front and rear bumpers.
chopper

Post by chopper »

Thanx Allan, I'm looking for a good balance between power (performance) and fuel economy - I think they would be able to do that
Mozam
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Vehicle: Prado 120 4.0l & 4.OL Fortuner 4x4

Post by Mozam »

Hi John,

Hope Im not to late with this info - Leon ex powerflow Dbn has based himself in Brackenhill Park Waterfall.
He did a system for my 2.7 a while ago - good quality workmanship & price.
Performance wise not alot in it from standard although it does breath better.
I then(couple months) had a branch done at SAC in Dbn - no difference at all.
Tell Leon what you want out of your vehicle - torque ect and he will tailor make a syatem for you.

Hope this helps
JohnBH

Post by JohnBH »

Hi Justin

Thanks for this, I have not made a move as yet so it's timely. I'm based in Hillcrest so I know Brackenhill, I'll nip out to see Leon.

Best Regards, John.

Return to “Late 1998 to 2005 (Gen 5 aka IFS Hilux)”