Update from Bryan & Lani in Namibia

Tell us a bit more about your Hilux (or other 4x4) and show off with some pictures.
Irishb
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: 92 Hilux 2.2 Bakkie

Update from Bryan & Lani in Namibia

Post by Irishb »

been on the road for about 5-6 weeks and our bakkie is running smoothly. Had a minor electrics problem which shorted out the indicators, turns out it was the old alarm causes problems and blowing the fuses.

All fixed now thanks to Trevor (Hi-hilux) who came to our rescue in Tsumeb after seeing the hilux forum sticker on our bakkie. What a legend! He took us up the road to a great mechanic Diesel-electric I think they were called, who worked for hours and charged us next to nothing.

You hilux guys are one big family eh? Thanks heaps Trevor.

Bryan and Lani

PS we have attached a quick pic of our riverbed expedition up the hourasib river in Northwest Namibia, very very cool. Go to our blog for more pics

PPS Thys you really are a legend for donating your canopy dust vent to us! We left the window between the cab and canopy open one day and oh my word...filled with dust in no time. It makes such a big difference. Cheers big man
http://www.travelpod.com/travel-blog/af ... /tpod.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
IMG_4925.JPG
IMG_4925.JPG (160.31 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
ThysdJ
Town: Brackenfell
Vehicle: 2010 Hilux D4D 3.0 D/C 4x4
Club VHF Licence: HC102

Re: Update from Bryan & Lani in Namibia

Post by ThysdJ »

No worries dude, as long as the vent works for you... :thumbup: :thumbup: Glad to hear you guys are having a great time and that things are running relatively smoothly. Enjoy the great African outdoors while we're sitting here in the stuffy old office earning a crust. Drive safely and keep taking pics... :twisted: :twisted:
Thys de Jager
CEO and Refreshments Manager at Team Offroad.

2010 Hilux 3.0 D4D D/C 4x4 with GOMAD "Brood" Canopy. Tripod.
1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Sport. The original SFA. AGA... Gooi kole
email: thys@teamoffroad.co.za

Like Team Offroad on Facebook...
Spartan
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Vanderbijlpark
Vehicle: 98 LTD Hilux 4x4 SFA, 2JZ GE L6 VVT-i 3.0i, Bilstein shox, OME and a Land Cruiser 79 series

Post by Spartan »

Nice pic's on your blog guy's :thumbup: that's the way to do it :thumbup:
MOBILITATE VINCERE
Spartan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hi-Hilux
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Tsumeb
Vehicle: 1991 Hilux2.2 ---1987 Hilux D/C Hella 1000, Rancho RS9000XL shocks, Good Year M/TR, Warn Winch, STK bullbar, Extended shacles, Kenwood VHF-SOLD

Post by Hi-Hilux »

All for one and one for all...will help any time, sorry i coudnt find the problem but atleast i tried. Andrew at Diesel Elect knows his way with wiring and fault finding. You've got my no, phone me for any help in Nam. Enjoy your next stop, you will do alot of sand driving.
Is gebed jou spaarwiel of jou stuurwiel?
'Life is a coin. You can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it ONCE'

Return to “Members' Vehicles”