My trip to Central Kalahari 6th-24th March

Need some information for an upcoming trip or have questions about a camping site, etc, ask it here.
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Strand WC
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.
Club VHF Licence: X112

My trip to Central Kalahari 6th-24th March

Post by GI Jane »

So the time is drawing close for my trip to the Kalahari.....

I'm planning to leave on the Wed 6th to drive up to the Orange River to stay at the Grocery where a friend has a River rafting company....
7th will be for last minute packing and final arrangements. Will probably drive up in my Hlux, but I won't have a chance to test out my solar panel, battery, fridge setup because I am driving with Hennie in the Landcruiser on this trip. Much better opportunity for me to focus on the photography and him on the driving...

We leave the Orange on the 8th and meet up with the 2 other vehicles joining us at Malopo Lodge that evening...

We will spend the next 2 evenings at Nossob in Kagalagadi. From there we go to Mabuasehube for 3 nights.

A night in Ghanzi and the Bushmen experience

3 nights in the Central Kalahari - Tau pan, Deception, Passage

Then on to Khutse where we will spend another 3 nights and then back to the Orange river and home.....

Focus is on photography... so I am really looking forward to this one... no focus on driving... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

So any good ideas and suggestions welcome...
Tokkie
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Gordons Bay
Vehicle: 1999 Hilux D/C 2.7

Re: My trip to Central Kalahari 6th-24th March

Post by Tokkie »

Tannie Val take me with pleaseeeeeee :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Image Image
http://www.umkulu.co.za" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.breederiverraftingtours.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.orangeriverrafting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Vehicle: Toyota Hilux 4x4, 2.41t Raider 1998 DC - front & rear difflock, 140lt fuel tank, 31" BFG a/t, snorkel, drawer system, alucab canopy, driver with attitude.

Post by GI Jane »

Tokkie wrote:Tannie Val take me with pleaseeeeeee :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Nope... :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: you must work.... Maybe :?: :?: :?: :?: next time, or else we do the west coast recce sooooon... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
mushroom
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: krugersdorp
Vehicle: '16 Legend 45 DC 4x4M

Post by mushroom »

Sounds awesome Val, :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

where in khutse are you staying?
Q20 if its stuck, duct tape if it moves :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Not sure, Hennie made all the bookings, but will find out and let you know..
wim
LR 4WD Full Lockers
LR 4WD Full Lockers
Town: Vryheid
Vehicle: 95 hilux d/c Hilex

Post by wim »

Hi Val we also leaving on the 6th and heading to the northen side of Namibie. We are a group of 10 vehicles,Fortuners,Hiluxes and L/cruisers, on the way to do the Swakopmund to Kunene river tour with Desertmatchic tours.
ImageImageImage
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Wow Wim it sounds amazing... don't forget looooots of photo's and trip report when you get back... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
SuidWes
LR4WD, Lockers, Crawler Gears
Town: Durbanville
Vehicle: Prado 120 VX
Club VHF Licence: B35

Post by SuidWes »

Hi Val,

From passarge to khutse is easily a two day drive - In 2010 it took us more than 6 hours to get from Passarge to Xade (180km)......

CKGR is one of my favourite - Enjoy!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away - George Carlin
ROOFER
Town: grassy park cape town
Vehicle: 99 s/c hilux 4x4 2.7i long range tank & dual battery; 2003 nissan x-TRAIL (4X4)

Post by ROOFER »

Val you must enjoy :frustrated: :frustrated: cause we will be WORKING :!: :!: :laugh2:
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Jaco looks like we staying at Tau pan, then onto Xade then to Xaka before moving on to Khutse... Heard its quite a tough drive.. :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:

Charl am going to do my best to enjoy it thanks,
george
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Velddrif
Vehicle: Triton 3.5l V6
Club VHF Licence: HC107

Post by george »

Nice one Val :thumbup: Enjoy
"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.-Saint Augustine"
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

george wrote:Nice one Val :thumbup: Enjoy
Dankie George, gaan definitief my best doen om dit te geniet. .. Maar hoor julle het weer die pad gevat.... Hoop julle geniet dit daai kant, alles van die beste... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: ...
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

Thanks for sharing, i'll be in my office....
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "
GI Jane
Monster Truck
Monster Truck

Post by GI Jane »

Hoppy wrote:Thanks for sharing, i'll be in my office....
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: no not another one of those.... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Hoppy
Monster Truck
Monster Truck
Town: Cape Town
Vehicle: Hilux SFA & IFS

Post by Hoppy »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Ok, be like that
aev@iburst.co.za
The trouble with trouble is...it always starts as fun.
The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck is the arms of your children...
" I WOULD RATHER SIT ON THE TAILGATE OF MY HILUX WITH A BEER AND A CHOP, WATCHING A FIRE, THAN DINE IN THE BEST RESTAURANT IN TOWN "

Return to “Route Planning questions/discussions”