RN130R add query

Having problems with your vehicle? Or need advice on repairing or servicing your Hilux? This is the place to ask for help
hzadbhat
High Range 2WD
High Range 2WD
Town: margaret river
Vehicle: 4runner 1985

RN130R add query

Post by hzadbhat »

Greetings all.
My YN63 finally died after hitting several trees, a cliff face and the bottom of the cliff.
So I bought an RN130R with automatic disconnecting differential. But she has a problem.
When I push the 2/4 wd selector switch, no dash light. I can clearly hear a click where the add control box is as well as a click in the general area of the relay. Can't hear anything from under the vehicle.
Does anybody have an idea as to why this might happen or what to check and also how to check. I could easily just take her into my auto shop, but am trying to learn how to do a lot of this stuff myself.
and further, can anyone please let me know how to check if the hubs have locked. :beg:
Thanking you all in advance
pietpetoors
Town: Langebaan
Vehicle: 2.7 Hilux 4x4 DC
Club VHF Licence: X27

Re: RN130R add query

Post by pietpetoors »

That is sophisticated equipment you have. In South Africa we use the two lever system and manual hubs.

I think the only way to see if the hubs are UN-locked is to jack up one wheel and see when you turn the wheel by hand if the sideshaft is also turning. The sideshaft should stand still if you turn the wheel by hand.
Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow!
1999 Hilux 2.7i 4x4 Raider DC with 3.4 Prado V6. Rear diff-lock, Bull Bar and rock sliders, 31" Cooper ST Maxx, Snorkel, Alu-Canopy, VHF Motorolla radio, West Coast Rust, Mikem Suspension, Ball Joint Spacers in front and Mikem extended shackles at the rear, 25watt LED Spots
Oosie101
LR 4WD Rear Locker
LR 4WD Rear Locker
Town: Roodepoort
Vehicle: 2007 Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 AT
Club VHF Licence: X298

Re: RN130R add query

Post by Oosie101 »

Hi Brandon,

Not sure if it is the same issue as I had on my Vigo, but we did a complete ADD rebuild and trouble shooting write-up and it is one of the stickies on the Workshop forum. Look for : "HILUX VIGO 4X4 NOT ENGAGING TROUBLE SHOOTING AND ADD REBUILD"

Return to “The Workshop”